Will we ever learn more of the crashed ship in CEA

In the Combat Evolved Anniversary terminals, a mysterious vessel crashes on Installation 04. Guilty Spark examines the ship, he notes that the crew didn’t attempt to evacuate. They sent out a distress signal, which Spark was unable to translate it. Guilty Spark eventually had a sarcophagus built around the vessel. Do you think they’ll ever address the mysterious ship, or was it just a cool little scene? What I was hoping was that it would come back into play. I originally thought that in Nightfall, the element killing Humans was from that vessel. The chemicals leaking from the vessel would be dangerous for Humans. Not some big master plan, just a cool thread coming back into play. So, do you think we’ll ever know what was going with that ship?

> 2533274840469109;1:
> In the Combat Evolved**Anniversary terminals, a mysterious vessel crashes on Installation 04. Guilty Spark examines the ship, he notes that the crew didn’t attempt to evacuate. They sent out a distress signal, which Spark was unable to translate it. Guilty Spark eventually had a sarcophagus built around the vessel. Do you think they’ll ever address the mysterious ship, or was it just a cool little scene? What I was hoping was that it would come back into play. I originally thought that in Nightfall, the element killing Humans was from that vessel. The chemicals leaking from the vessel would be dangerous for Humans. Not some big master plan, just a cool thread coming back into play. So, do you think we’ll ever know what was going with that ship?

I hadn’t considered the possibility that the rare element was from the crashed ship instead of being part of the Halo, but it makes perfect sense, especially since this element only exists in one location on the Halo. Solid headcannon, you might be right! We don’t have enough information to prove that, and I would be surprised if such information emerged, but I can’t think of any information contradicting that idea.

If I were to guess, I’d say that I think the ship belonged to one of the other 115ish sentient races preserved on the Lesser Ark who weren’t part of the Covenant or UNSC, but that’s just a shot in the dark, due to it not matching any known designs.

It would be great for that ship to tie in. I was thoroughly in awe when I first saw that terminal. I think your theory about the ship and the Nightfall element is a good one. Maybe the ship and sarcophagi were destroyed in the destruction of Alpha Halo?

Nice theory but I doubt it. 343i writers tend to up with explanations for things not as satisfying then those made by fans. Hopefully we the ship again and it’s race. But doubtful until this bloody Created Arc is over. I’d say we’re have to wait post 2020 for new stuff like that ship and new aliens. The Yonhet don’t count because… come on, they’re just humans in prosthetic…

> 2533274869999832;4:
> Nice theory but I doubt it. 343i writers tend to up with explanations for things not as satisfying then those made by fans. Hopefully we the ship again and it’s race. But doubtful until this bloody Created Arc is over. I’d say we’re have to wait post 2020 for new stuff like that ship and new aliens. The Yonhet don’t count because… come on, they’re just humans in prosthetic…

I don’t think it’s fair to say that fan-explanations are flat-out better than 343’s when it is quite possible that the fan explanations are what 343 intended, but simply haven’t said outright yet. Take this topic for example. 343 gave us that crashed ship, and they gave us the mystery element that only exists in one place on the Halo where that ship crashed, and nowhere else in the galaxy. No one who knows about the element on the Halo in Nightfall would have any knowledge of the crashed ship, so there logically wouldn’t be any reference to it since we’re seeing events from the humans’ perspective.

That said, I too wasn’t impressed with the Yonhet, as I feel like too many franchises have simply made their aliens to be humans with prosthetics on their faces. That said, Halo Silentium states that the Librarian saved 123 tech-capable sentient races, and we’ve only seen a handful of those, so there’s a whole galaxy of other races, any one of which could have crashed on the Halo.

But what strikes me as interesting is the fact that the crash happened at all. Why didn’t Guilty Spark activate the Halo’s defenses and destroy it? It would have also been easy to simply rotate the Halo to prevent the ship from striking it? And if Guilty Spark wasn’t permitted to let a ship that’s seen the Halo leave, that brings us back to the first question, why he didn’t destroy it like he threatened to do to the Pillar of Autumn when it arrived?

> 2533274883501878;5:
> > 2533274869999832;4:
> > Nice theory but I doubt it. 343i writers tend to up with explanations for things not as satisfying then those made by fans. Hopefully we the ship again and it’s race. But doubtful until this bloody Created Arc is over. I’d say we’re have to wait post 2020 for new stuff like that ship and new aliens. The Yonhet don’t count because… come on, they’re just humans in prosthetic…
>
> I don’t think it’s fair to say that fan-explanations are flat-out better than 343’s when it is quite possible that the fan explanations are what 343 intended, but simply haven’t said outright yet. Take this topic for example. 343 gave us that crashed ship, and they gave us the mystery element that only exists in one place on the Halo where that ship crashed, and nowhere else in the galaxy. No one who knows about the element on the Halo in Nightfall would have any knowledge of the crashed ship, so there logically wouldn’t be any reference to it since we’re seeing events from the humans’ perspective.
>
> That said, I too wasn’t impressed with the Yonhet, as I feel like too many franchises have simply made their aliens to be humans with prosthetics on their faces. That said, Halo Silentium states that the Librarian saved 123 tech-capable sentient races, and we’ve only seen a handful of those, so there’s a whole galaxy of other races, any one of which could have crashed on the Halo.
>
> But what strikes me as interesting is the fact that the crash happened at all. Why didn’t Guilty Spark activate the Halo’s defenses and destroy it? It would have also been easy to simply rotate the Halo to prevent the ship from striking it? And if Guilty Spark wasn’t permitted to let a ship that’s seen the Halo leave, that brings us back to the first question, why he didn’t destroy it like he threatened to do to the Pillar of Autumn when it arrived?

For your first point, yeah maybe I’m being a bit unfair to 343i, but having said that I have seen fan explanations for some things in Halo over the years that I still think are better than the explanations we got, if got them at all. But it’s all subjective. Yeah they didn’t know about the ship but Nightfall could have used to reintroduce it along with Locke and maybe set up a new enemy.

As for those species:
123 technologically capable species had been indexed; however, a number of these were doomed to perish due to the Lifeworkers’ limited resources, combined with the devastation of the preserves on the greater Ark and Omega Halo. Many species also died out as a result of planetary ecosystems failing to properly recover after their reseeding, during the subsequent period known as the dark time.

Unfortunately not all survived, so we don’t know how many are left. We know there’s the Covenant Fringe which hasn’t been explored yet so hopefully we see more of that. There’s also the species that attacked the Sangheili in Broken Circle. The species from the terminal are hopefully still out there and there’s maybe the possibility of deleted races showing in later media.

The reason 343i didn’t shoot down the ship is due to how fast that ship came in. The sensors didn’t register it until it was speeding in. The PoA wasn’t speeding in at the time of detection. You could put it down to GS being distracted by his experiments or whatever or 343 wanting to create a tense ending to that terminal, I don’t know.

> 2533274869999832;6:
> As for those species:123 technologically capable species had been indexed; however, a number of these were doomed to perish due to the Lifeworkers’ limited resources, combined with the devastation of the preserves on the greater Ark and Omega Halo. Many species also died out as a result of planetary ecosystems failing to properly recover after their reseeding, during the subsequent period known as the dark time.

Could you link me to the source for that info? I’d like to read it.

> 2533274883501878;7:
> > 2533274869999832;6:
> > As for those species:123 technologically capable species had been indexed; however, a number of these were doomed to perish due to the Lifeworkers’ limited resources, combined with the devastation of the preserves on the greater Ark and Omega Halo. Many species also died out as a result of planetary ecosystems failing to properly recover after their reseeding, during the subsequent period known as the dark time.
>
> Could you link me to the source for that info? I’d like to read it.

Halo Silentium page 18
Halo Bestarium

> 2533274869999832;8:
> > 2533274883501878;7:
> > > 2533274869999832;6:
> > > As for those species:123 technologically capable species had been indexed; however, a number of these were doomed to perish due to the Lifeworkers’ limited resources, combined with the devastation of the preserves on the greater Ark and Omega Halo. Many species also died out as a result of planetary ecosystems failing to properly recover after their reseeding, during the subsequent period known as the dark time.
> >
> > Could you link me to the source for that info? I’d like to read it.
>
> http://www.halopedia.org/Forerunner-Flood_war#Aftermath
> Halo Silentium page 18
> Halo Bestarium

Thanks for being so prompt! I don’t have the Bestarium, and I didn’t see it on Amazon or Ebay, so do you have any idea how I could get my hands on it for my collection?

> 2533274883501878;9:
> > 2533274869999832;8:
> > > 2533274883501878;7:
> > > > 2533274869999832;6:
> > > > As for those species:123 technologically capable species had been indexed; however, a number of these were doomed to perish due to the Lifeworkers’ limited resources, combined with the devastation of the preserves on the greater Ark and Omega Halo. Many species also died out as a result of planetary ecosystems failing to properly recover after their reseeding, during the subsequent period known as the dark time.
> > >
> > > Could you link me to the source for that info? I’d like to read it.
> >
> > http://www.halopedia.org/Forerunner-Flood_war#Aftermath
> > Halo Silentium page 18
> > Halo Bestarium
>
> Thanks for being so prompt! I don’t have the Bestarium, and I didn’t see it on Amazon or Ebay, so do you have any idea how I could get my hands on it for my collection?

• The Bestiarum is included exclusively in the Legendary Edition and Collector’s Edition of Halo 3. In the Collector’s Edition it is a physical book, while in the Legendary Edition it is included in an expanded digital form on the Legendary-exclusive DVD. The book has background summaries and renders of the different sorts of entities in the Halo universe. - Note: This info is to my knowledge still considered canon to the series although some may have either been expanded or elaborated on since then.

> 2533274869999832;10:
> > 2533274883501878;9:
> > > 2533274869999832;8:
> > > > 2533274883501878;7:
> > > > > 2533274869999832;6:
> > > > > As for those species:123 technologically capable species had been indexed; however, a number of these were doomed to perish due to the Lifeworkers’ limited resources, combined with the devastation of the preserves on the greater Ark and Omega Halo. Many species also died out as a result of planetary ecosystems failing to properly recover after their reseeding, during the subsequent period known as the dark time.
> > > >
> > > > Could you link me to the source for that info? I’d like to read it.
> > >
> > > http://www.halopedia.org/Forerunner-Flood_war#Aftermath
> > > Halo Silentium page 18
> > > Halo Bestarium
> >
> > Thanks for being so prompt! I don’t have the Bestarium, and I didn’t see it on Amazon or Ebay, so do you have any idea how I could get my hands on it for my collection?
>
> - The Bestiarum is included exclusively in the Legendary Edition and Collector’s Edition of Halo 3. In the Collector’s Edition it is a physical book, while in the Legendary Edition it is included in an expanded digital form on the Legendary-exclusive DVD. The book has background summaries and renders of the different sorts of entities in the Halo universe. - Note: This info is to my knowledge still considered canon to the series although some may have either been expanded or elaborated on since then.

Halo 5 is the first special edition Halo game I’ve bought, and I’ve been retroactively trying to collect the special content from the previous special editions. As much as I’d like to have the Bestiarum in my collection I can’t justify buying another copy of Halo 3 to get it. I’ll just hope for the best, maybe a copy will turn up for a decent price somewhere.

> 2533274883501878;11:
> > 2533274869999832;10:
> > > 2533274883501878;9:
> > > > 2533274869999832;8:
> > > > > 2533274883501878;7:
> > > > > > 2533274869999832;6:
> > > > > > As for those species:123 technologically capable species had been indexed; however, a number of these were doomed to perish due to the Lifeworkers’ limited resources, combined with the devastation of the preserves on the greater Ark and Omega Halo. Many species also died out as a result of planetary ecosystems failing to properly recover after their reseeding, during the subsequent period known as the dark time.
> > > > >
> > > > > Could you link me to the source for that info? I’d like to read it.
> > > >
> > > > http://www.halopedia.org/Forerunner-Flood_war#Aftermath
> > > > Halo Silentium page 18
> > > > Halo Bestarium
> > >
> > > Thanks for being so prompt! I don’t have the Bestarium, and I didn’t see it on Amazon or Ebay, so do you have any idea how I could get my hands on it for my collection?
> >
> > - The Bestiarum is included exclusively in the Legendary Edition and Collector’s Edition of Halo 3. In the Collector’s Edition it is a physical book, while in the Legendary Edition it is included in an expanded digital form on the Legendary-exclusive DVD. The book has background summaries and renders of the different sorts of entities in the Halo universe. - Note: This info is to my knowledge still considered canon to the series although some may have either been expanded or elaborated on since then.
>
> Halo 5 is the first special edition Halo game I’ve bought, and I’ve been retroactively trying to collect the special content from the previous special editions. As much as I’d like to have the Bestiarum in my collection I can’t justify buying another copy of Halo 3 to get it. I’ll just hope for the best, maybe a copy will turn up for a decent price somewhere.

If your from the U.S. that might suit you.

First special edition I got was Halo 4 so I could play with first day access bonus content but I was unable to play online for two weeks due to internet problems rendering my reason for purchasing the edition pointless.

We won’t, I think 343i even said as much at one point. I doubt they had any idea themselves over it at the time. Just pointless teasing, and proof of life for Guilty Spark to ponder on.

The bioweapon from Nightfall was created from the Autumn’s explosion, similar as to how the Sun (RL) is capable of creating metals and gases that end up on Earth.

> 2533274829152751;14:
> The bioweapon from Nightfall was created from the Autumn’s explosion, similar as to how the Sun (RL) is capable of creating metals and gases that end up on Earth.

This fragment was home to a unique element apparently created by the heat of the ring’s explosion and not found elsewhere in the universe. Yeah you’re right. Forgot that. Wasted opportunity to bring that ship back in. If they don’t bring that ship and it’s species in at some stage it’s a major wasted opportunity to give us new lore and new potential enemies to face later on.

> 2533274869999832;12:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halo-3-Limited-Edition-Xbox-360-Complete-Set-Ships-Free-Fast-/172402690342
>
> If your from the U.S. that might suit you.
>
> First special edition I got was Halo 4 so I could play with first day access bonus content but I was unable to play online for two weeks due to internet problems rendering my reason for purchasing the edition pointless.

Thanks! It should be arriving within 2 weeks.

> 2533274846978810;13:
> We won’t, I think 343i even said as much at one point. I doubt they had any idea themselves over it at the time. Just pointless teasing, and proof of life for Guilty Spark to ponder on.

That’s very disappointing, but sadly believable.

I had forgotten about that ship.

Could have been an early scout ship from any of the space faring species we now have in the Halo Universe.
Would be cool though if we got a difinitive answer at some point though.

I’m really hopping so, even if it’s just a cannon fodder segment