Will we ever get an apology for Reach?

Really now, bar-none it is the worst Halo ever made. Crafted by second-rate programmers from the failed series Shadowrun, it has alienated and separated the fanbase like no other Halo. Without a doubt it consisted the worst game mechanics, had the worst matchmaking system, and had the worst showing in population of any Halo. I fail to see how fans could be proud of this game–from a multiplayer viewpoint.

Will Bungie apologize to us for this heinous atrocity?

First, I like reach but mainly I’d say no considering Bungie isn’t even part of halo anymore. And I highly doubt 343 is going to apologize for something they didn’t even do.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Will you ever apologize for being a moron?

…you’re trolling aren’t you?

Can’t tell if serious or not.

If you are this gave me a damn good laugh. Try again OP.

Im sorry that you have been physically forced to play an amazing game with absolutely no option to play the previous title.

Im sorry that Reach has caused you to post with an account that is not linked so that I may not verify, like almost all other people that complain about Reach, that you have played thousands of games of what you feel you need an apology for.

Im sorry that I can not travel back in time and jump in front of you at the game store and be like “No dude, buying this game will destroy your image of what Halo is!”

Im sorry that as a fan of the series from the beginning, I along with hundreds of thousands of other people enjoy it on a regular basis.

Im sorry I cant continue to provide sarcastic filled sentences to answer your thread about an apology that you know will never come, as it is not deserved.

Reach is great and I for one love it. And by the way Bungie’s Halo data, which you can find at their site, suggests Reach was on its way to being the most played Halo to date. And another thing if Reach was soooo much worse than Halo 3 or 2 why dont more people play those titles right now. Halo 3 is on life support.

> Will you ever apologize for being a moron?

This made my day better.

Hey, Reach is the only Halo where i have spent a lot of time with.
Thats because there is so much to do. They crammed the game full of content which gives you endless ways to play.
The only thing i feel let down with is that the dlc has not been intergrated properly. i know it has a playlist, but it’s very laggy.

Please leave and never come back.

> Really now, bar-none it is the worst Halo ever made. Crafted by second-rate programmers from the failed series Shadowrun, it has alienated and separated the fanbase like no other Halo. Without a doubt it consisted the worst game mechanics, had the worst matchmaking system, and had the worst showing in population of any Halo. I fail to see how fans could be proud of this game–from a multiplayer viewpoint.
>
> Will Bungie apologize to us for this heinous atrocity?

No, we won’t, because Bungie is proud of Halo Reach. They saw it as an accomplishment, and honestly, I agree with them. Is it the best Halo game? No, but neither was Halo 3 when it released (depending on who you asked, but I think you get my point).

And just so you know:

• A lot of the original Halo team is still at Bungie, and worked on Halo Reach, in addition to several new employees.

• The hate and community divide associated with Halo Reach is not new, and has been typical of Halo since the release of Halo 2. In terms of gameplay changes, Halo 2 is the only game that spawned a website dedicated to hating on the the gameplay of a Halo title.

• Population numbers are not a good way to judge the success of a game these days, what with the juggernaut that is COD and the exponential increase in quality titles for the console available to the average gamer. Since the release of Halo 3 to the release of Halo Reach, the number of games practically tripled, and so did the number of games with online multiplayer. Since Halo Reach’s release, these numbers have continued to climb at an exponential rate.

…Halo 4, the apology?

Equips Phazon Suit

> No, we won’t, because Bungie is proud of Halo Reach. They saw it as an accomplishment, and honestly, I agree with them. Is it the best Halo game? No, but neither was Halo 3 when it released (depending on who you asked, but I think you get my point).
>
> And just so you know:
> - A lot of the original Halo team is still at Bungie, and worked on Halo Reach, in addition to several new employees.
>
> - The hate and community divide associated with Halo Reach is not new, and has been typical of Halo since the release of Halo 2. In terms of gameplay changes, Halo 2 is the only game that spawned a website dedicated to hating on the the gameplay of a Halo title.
>
> - Population numbers are not a good way to judge the success of a game these days, what with the juggernaut that is COD and the exponential increase in quality titles for the console available to the average gamer. Since the release of Halo 3 to the release of Halo Reach, the number of games practically tripled, and so did the number of games with online multiplayer. Since Halo Reach’s release, these numbers have continued to climb at an exponential rate.

Well done sir. You deserve a thanks! haha. Reach is my favorite multiplayer on 360 and I would say my favorite campaign across the series. It was such well written with characters that gave some actual emotions.

No.

No one will ‘apologise’ for Reach because it’s a great game. Personally I find myself getting annoyed with it a fair bit but that’s down to different factors. The main point being, it’s different and much more fun than any other Halo and those that don’t like it need to stop playing it!

It’s a great game that introduces many new things and the campaign was much more varied than others. With Halo 2, you peaked in Matchmaking and when you peaked, multiplayer seemed pointless really. As for Halo 3, same thing… It was easier to get a better rank but still meant you ended up peaking, and the onyl thing people wanted was damn Recon and the community finally bugged them enough for them to give it to us.

Halo Reach may have a different approach to the franchise, but so did Halo Wars (another good game). The only reason people moan about Reach is because they’re awful at it. I’ve never had a problem with Bloom or Armour Lock, annoying yes, but more than half my encounters with these, I win. Why? Because instead of crying on the forums, I play the game and get better.

The campaign can seem a bit boring, but it does maintain a lot of replay value on some missions. What some people fail to realise is that Bungie is a company by gamers, for the gamers. Did you even watch “O Brave New World”? Bungie cares about the fans and are about the only company that does, Activision, Infinity Ward, TreyArch, Rockstar, EA Games/Sports. Bungie care and only want to please and to be honest, we’ve been pretty harsh to them.

If you don’t like Halo Reach, then leave this Halo Reach forum and don’t play the game. It’s a great game and I find myself on it way more than any other one. Good day, sir.

> Really now, bar-none it is the worst Halo ever made. Crafted by second-rate programmers from the failed series Shadowrun, it has alienated and separated the fanbase like no other Halo. Without a doubt it consisted the worst game mechanics, had the worst matchmaking system, and had the worst showing in population of any Halo. I fail to see how fans could be proud of this game–from a multiplayer viewpoint.
>
> Will Bungie apologize to us for this heinous atrocity?

Aren’t we mature enough to quit the whining, by now?

I mean, it’s not cute or funny. It’s petty and silly.

All of that was your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. However, please don’t think that just because you think the game is terrible that everyone else thinks it’s terrible, too. Reach made a lot of improvements and innovations to the franchise. Like every game, Reach definitely has its problems. Some are more serious than others. The game is still popular and competitive over XBL. In fact, it’s more popular than Halo 3, right now. If it was THAT bad, then more people would be going back to Halo 3. Common sense.

I didn’t know Bungie developed Shadowrun, though. Where did you find that fact?

No OP, YOU don’t deserve a DAMN thing. And second rate programmers? If you can do better, please do.

If you dont like Reach, -Yoink-!

Reach is like… One of the best Halo games made to date (Not including the WIP Halo 4).

Sure they could make a Special DLC with a campaign addon, or with more Armour pieces, but its still awesome!

While I realise that reach has some features that will turn some fans away, you cant really compare past halo population statistics with reach. Reach currently competes with gears of war 3, call of duty black ops, modern warfare 2/3, battlefield 3, and many other big titles, while halo 3 competed with call of duty 4/5(both modded so much they’re unplayable). BBC2?, and gears of.war 2, and halo 2 had even less to compete with.

So can we stop comparing the reach population with previous titles?

> Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.
>
> *Original post, click at your own discretion.
> Will you ever apologize for being a moron?

This made me smiley face

Why would Bungie “apologize” for a great game? No one likes a troll, quite honestly people like you are nothing but a detriment to the halo community.