Will we be able to use pelicans possibly?

I was hoping that we might be able to use such vehicles like Frigates and bigger vehicles especially in Multiplayer.

I suppose it depends on the multiplayer style and map sizes.

Frigates would be impossible. The only way they would work is. If Halo has a space combat mode like in Star Wars Battlefront II.

But vehicles like the Pelicans, and Phantoms we could have for the Campaign, Customgames, and for Forge. But do to the player-count, and map size. They wont work right for Matchmaking.

It all depends on how they handle the game itself. The Pelican could be flown through an Easter Egg in Reach, 343i may decide to take this and work with it. If they further develop space combat, then i can see the Pelicans playing a part, as for regular gameplay though, I don’t see it happening.

> Frigates would be impossible. The only way they would work is. If Halo has a space combat mode like in Star Wars Battlefront II.
>
> But vehicles like the Pelicans, and Phantoms we could have for Customgames, and for Forge. But do to the player-count, and map size. They wont work right for Matchmaking.

Yeah but the pelican can be used in campaign and used as an extra option in forge for creative designers. I think it would be brilliant for that matter. The pelican can be used, just in specific ways like the scorpion has.

> > Frigates would be impossible. The only way they would work is. If Halo has a space combat mode like in Star Wars Battlefront II.
> >
> > But vehicles like the Pelicans, and Phantoms we could have for Customgames, and for Forge. But do to the player-count, and map size. They wont work right for Matchmaking.
>
> Yeah but the pelican can be used in campaign and used as an extra option in forge for creative designers. I think it would be brilliant for that matter. The pelican can be used, just in specific ways like the scorpion has.

I forgot about the Campaign. It would be an epic vehicle to use. Imagine being able to fly the Pelican in a level that’s like the beginning cutscene of the The Ark (level).

I hope so.

> > > Frigates would be impossible. The only way they would work is. If Halo has a space combat mode like in Star Wars Battlefront II.
> > >
> > > But vehicles like the Pelicans, and Phantoms we could have for Customgames, and for Forge. But do to the player-count, and map size. They wont work right for Matchmaking.
> >
> > Yeah but the pelican can be used in campaign and used as an extra option in forge for creative designers. I think it would be brilliant for that matter. The pelican can be used, just in specific ways like the scorpion has.
>
> I forgot about the Campaign. It would be an epic vehicle to use. Imagine being able to fly the Pelican in a level that’s like the beginning cutscene of the The Ark (level).

Hell yeah or perhaps master chief diving out of a pelican into a mission in Halo 4 with a specially designed paracuit or something along the lines of that. I’d imagine it be pretty cool in campaign.

> Hell yeah or perhaps master chief diving out of a pelican into a mission in Halo 4 with a specially designed paracuit or something along the lines of that. I’d imagine it be pretty cool in campaign.

HALO jump:
High.
Altitude.
Low.
Opening.

Or HAHO jump:
High.
Altitude.
High.
Opening.

“In the HALO technique, the parachutist opens his parachute at a low altitude after free-falling for a period of time, while in the HAHO technique, the parachutist opens his parachute at a high altitude just a few seconds after jumping from the aircraft.”

It would also be epic if we get to use the ODST Droppod again. It would be epic if it’s like the ODST Live Action trailer.

Why would you want to use Frigates?

Also, why would you want to use Pelicans?
Really, think about it.

First of all: you’d need a huge map. Something like Forge World…and we all “love” that maps don’t we? Big maps = less details = less interesting places etc = far too big for Halo and will slow down gameplay tremendously.

Secondly: why would you want to pilot a brick that has weak weapons, making you a sitting duck basically? Even in Campaign it wouldn’t make much sense, as you are far too weak.

Thirdly: The Falcon is a better option if it were to get some passenger seats. It allows you to transport troops, has sufficient firepower and doesn’t require huge maps, because you’re not across a map in 2 seconds.

Same goes for people asking to pilot Scarabs etc: they’re just too big to be any fun to use.

Whats up with all the people that want to fly a pelican? It seems like it would be kind of boring, plus how would it work into gameplay?

> Whats up with all the people that want to fly a pelican? It seems like it would be kind of boring, plus how would it work into gameplay?

Remember, just because you find something boring, doesn’t mean everyone will. That said, making it fit depends on what 343 are doing with the game. Flying controls don’t have to be too different to other vehicles. One stick steers and aims, the other handles speed and movement. Weapons could be handled with the right trigger with the possibility of switching between missiles and a machine gun. Fitting it into campaign wouldn’t be hard if they design a mission around using it. Fitting it in elsewhere however would pose more of a challenge. If they bring in an expanded space mode then it could serve a role as the stronger but slower ship, and depending on how things are done, you could use it to transport larger groups.

> > Whats up with all the people that want to fly a pelican? It seems like it would be kind of boring, plus how would it work into gameplay?
>
> Remember, just because you find something boring, doesn’t mean everyone will. That said, making it fit depends on what 343 are doing with the game. Flying controls don’t have to be too different to other vehicles. One stick steers and aims, the other handles speed and movement. Weapons could be handled with the right trigger with the possibility of switching between missiles and a machine gun. Fitting it into campaign wouldn’t be hard if they design a mission around using it. Fitting it in elsewhere however would pose more of a challenge. If they bring in an expanded space mode then it could serve a role as the stronger but slower ship, and depending on how things are done, you could use it to transport larger groups.

Dont take things out of context, I didnt say it is boring, I said it SEEMS boring.

I can say with confidence that it wouldnt be what you all think it would. How would it be implemented? (without it being the next forklift)

> If they bring in an expanded space mode then it could serve a role as the stronger but slower ship, and depending on how things are done, you could use it to transport larger groups.

The Pelican can act like the transport ships in Battlefront II. They were stronger, and slower like you said about the Pelican. And they were used to transport large groups of people to the enemy capital ship. They also served as mobile spawn points for the hand held versions.

But the thing is though. For that expanded space mode to work right. The player count would have to be increased to at least 32 people.

> > If they bring in an expanded space mode then it could serve a role as the stronger but slower ship, and depending on how things are done, you could use it to transport larger groups.
>
> The Pelican can act like the transport ships in Battlefront II. They were stronger, and slower like you said about the Pelican. And they were used to transport large groups of people to the enemy capital ship.
>
> But the thing is though. For that expanded space mode to work right. The player count would have to be increased to at least 32 people.

Depends, they can add different gametypes/modes to the space modes. They could add AI to increase the count and they could add a firefight mode. Personally I think they might be adding EVA to space as well, that opens up a whole realm of possibilities we’ve not seen before.

I do miss the old space shooters like Tie fighter and Freespace.

Instead of putting something like this in Halo 4 why not hope for a Halo game like one of thoes?

The Pelican is a must have. We haven’t been able to pilot one and even then it’s just an Easter Egg. I’m not too sure about Frigates and stuff though.

Interesting old idea, but what map is going to compliment the size and speed of a Pelican?

I was thinking that 343i could make a game mode or map as big as forge wolrd where you use the pelican for transport. This means that there can be more people in one game for team play.