Will we be able to play as more than one race?

i like honestly hope we are abld expand from the normal spartan, i enjoyed the playing as a sangheili back in 2,3 and reach. #notanormalspartan

For now only spartans, they mentioned awhile back elites aren’t playable. But it’s almost gaurenteed at sometime since this will be as they say a 10 year game. Why stop at sangheili though, I’m hoping for brutes!

Maybe they’ll have an infected themed battle pass where theres a gamemode where brutes and elites have to fight against the flood, the possibilities are endless !

I would love to see that so the battlefield becomes more diverse but I believe that if they were to add larger species such as the brutes, it would have to be in a specific game mode. Asymmetric multiplayer would be a cool edition but sadly I don’t think that it fits Halo’s style of gameplay and therefore if other species were to be added, it would most likely just be the sangheili.

> 2535424555550180;2:
> For now only spartans, they mentioned awhile back elites aren’t playable. But it’s almost gaurenteed at sometime since this will be as they say a 10 year game. Why stop at sangheili though, I’m hoping for brutes!
>
> Maybe they’ll have an infected themed battle pass where theres a gamemode where brutes and elites have to fight against the flood, the possibilities are endless !

That would be an insanely amazing idea. I believe they said there will be no playable elites at launch which almost guarantees that with demand they will be added in after the game releases.

> 2533274974081836;4:
> > 2535424555550180;2:
> > For now only spartans, they mentioned awhile back elites aren’t playable. But it’s almost gaurenteed at sometime since this will be as they say a 10 year game. Why stop at sangheili though, I’m hoping for brutes!
> >
> > Maybe they’ll have an infected themed battle pass where theres a gamemode where brutes and elites have to fight against the flood, the possibilities are endless !
>
> That would be an insanely amazing idea. I believe they said there will be no playable elites at launch which almost guarantees that with demand they will be added in after the game releases.

Considering about how highly they’ve talked about the slipspqce engine I think the could pull off the models and everything.

It would be cool to see invasion again like it was in halo reach playing as the brutes and expanding on objectives and maps maybe even fighting on ships in space that would be cool to see maybe in a year or two it would be interesting to see other progression systems for other races to unlock variants of a brute or elite with just a little more depth than it was in reach just an idea :slight_smile:

At launch no but seeing as this is a live service game that will probably last 10 years…I see no reason why 343i wouldn’t add playable races at a later date via update.

I know we all mock the Promethean Soldiers, but that’d be another fun visual to play as. But they might have to put in innate abilities if they do that (with Spartans being the Jack-of-All-Trades). Elites with innate camo/no sprint. Brutes with increased health/regen, no innate shields but some sort of armor lock. Prometheans with short range teleport (which would be more of a Halo 5 thruster ability than true teleportation) but unable to repair their chipped armor (shoot off their mask and even if the shields reform, their face would have a weak spot).

Hell, you could even have fun with grunt and jackal races, or some of the ODSTs/marines if you want to have some human forces in there.

The issue with this, is that visually it might become a little messy in social games, with everyone picking different races. But it could be an interesting set up for Mercenary Companies (as a successor to Spartan Companies), and might even allow for some sort of expanded Spartan Ops/multiplayer missions.

But none of this would be available at launch of course. At best, I could see it happening 2 years after launch at the earliest, with it being more likely 3 years if they wanted to do a good job. Could still be interesting though.

> 2535436193876967;1:
> i like honestly hope we are abld expand from the normal spartan, i enjoyed the playing as a sangheili back in 2,3 and reach. #notanormalspartan

Not at release but based off what has been said in the past about how this game will evolve over time its plausible that we cod get playable elite campaigns and multiplayer.

Absolutely! There will be Warthog races, Mongoose races, Ghost races—

Hey OP, there are no plans at the moment to add other playable races to Infinite but you’re welcome to add your thoughts to existing discussion thread :slight_smile:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/sangheili-elites-in-new-trilogy-matchmaking/ff89aca2-5e7e-489b-98ae-c58513f99227/posts