will Warzone firefight just be a req eater?

I hope to god that Warzone Firefight won’t be designed to maximize REQ consumption. I have already seen that WZFF differs greatly from the classic FF and most of these differences favor REQ consumption like: Infinte lives, Bullet sponge enemies and maps that are too large to just play without vehicles. These changes hurt the potential of the mode and actually makes it just a Warzone Spartan Ops mode rather than Firefight.

REQ usage in Warzone Firefight should be limited. REQ stations should only be available during intermission to keep the mode interesting and encourage players to wisely choose their REQs for the next round. Bosses should be hunting players and not the other way around. There is no fun fighting the Warden Eternal because it’s just too obvious that he was designed to eat your REQ’s. He is not interesting to fight, he just a bullet sponge that forces you to use a Scorpion or a rocket launcher.

That’s not how I remember Firefight. I remember it being a mode where you had to survive with what you had, not a contest of ''who can burn the most REQ cards in under 5 minutes to kill Warden Eternal in his stationary position ‘’. We have regular Warzone for that…

Maybe for vehicles, not for weapons. You will burn through ammo to fast to want to use weapons.

I don’t think it will. I didn’t use to many reqs in the beta. Also you will only burn as many as you choose to use. I remember one game in WWF where the only req I uses was the wraith ultra.

There is the chance this will come to pass. In the feedback thread a lot of people asked for the ability to reload their power weapons at a REQ station aswell as Loadout to balance the potential for heavy REQ use.

No, You’re thinking of War Zone Turbo. Every time it comes around I get to clean house on Reqs that have been piling up.

> 2533274968894951;1:
> I hope to god that Warzone Firefight won’t be designed to maximize REQ consumption. I

Sorry to tell you this but … 343i is a company. They want money. They design a game to earn money. WF will be req consuming.

I didn’t use that many REQs in the Beta

> 2535405486667568;5:
> No, You’re thinking of War Zone Turbo. Every time it comes around I get to clean house on Reqs that have been piling up.

Even turbo doesn’t have to be a req eater if you don’t want it to be. Sometimes it’s fun to run around and just see what you can find that people have dropped.

Req use is optional.

> 2533274875982754;9:
> Req use is optional.

Tell that to yourself after you face a mythic boss with your loadout weapon.

> 2533274968894951;10:
> > 2533274875982754;9:
> > Req use is optional.
>
>
> Tell that to yourself after you face a mythic boss with your loadout weapon.

Um i beat a mythic boss with only a gungoose trust me its possible.

> 2533274968894951;10:
> > 2533274875982754;9:
> > Req use is optional.
>
>
> Tell that to yourself after you face a mythic boss with your loadout weapon.

Lol. I didn’t have to tell it to myself, I did it. People were spawning way too many tanks. I enjoyed it because even using reqs was strategic. I did use many OS’s.

> 2533274816788253;8:
> > 2535405486667568;5:
> > No, You’re thinking of War Zone Turbo. Every time it comes around I get to clean house on Reqs that have been piling up.
>
>
> Even turbo doesn’t have to be a req eater if you don’t want it to be. Sometimes it’s fun to run around and just see what you can find that people have dropped.

I do that, too. I was talking about the 80 something gungeese, (20 of each rare variant), 60 scorpions, 50 ghosts . . . . Stuff I tend to forget about as I focus on one commendation or another.

You’ll only burn through REQS if you suck. We were able to beat it using just loadout weapons during beta.

AI is dumb in general and will just stand there when getting shot at from a distance.

If its anything like the beta then I doubt it will be a req eater, you don’t necessarily need to spam out weapons, and vehicles you can use sparingly. So, it kind of all depends how yourself and your team plays. But, you can win firefight without spamming everything from your REQ station. So, as long as you don’t go crazy should have plenty of REQ’s for plenty of games

Also, at least it seemed to me, that WZFF beta rewarded on average more REQ points on completion than any other game mode. So while you may feel like you’re burning through REQ weapons, if played enough, you should re-coop those lost weapons by being able to buy more packs.