Will UNSC visit Large Magellanic Cloud?

Hi everyone,

So talking about future of UNSC more and maybe aspects of where the Halo Universe is going, but what does everyone think of Large Magellanic Cloud?

For anyone who doesn’t know and probably already searching web, the Large Magellanic Cloud or (LMC) is dwarf galaxy that near and orbits our own galaxy Milky Way. The signification of LMC is that precursors where located there and Milky Way, this is also place where Flood came from that infected the Milky Way that lead to Human-Forerunner War and later Forerunner-Flood War.

This dwarf galaxy could hold major significant in technology of precursors, knowledge of other life outside the galaxy and more.

I think if UNSC go there, they could encounter different life forms or even flood but a more pure version of the flood that is different from what we seen from Grave Mind and in the Milky Way.

Let me know what you think, have search tell me I am wrong or agree. Want to hear your thoughts :slight_smile:

Have good day!

Sure deal, sign me up, I am all for it. Although I doubt we will find anything essential there or help to end the war taking this cruise, maybe only that we would be gone for a good while. I pretty much expect plain desert, ruins at best, nothing that UNSC would have never known about already and even if we do discover something, it should probably be too weird to tell explicably. If we are lucky, maybe we will find some new hallucinogenic drug that will help the humanity in the last days, when the Flood comes to get us. Y’know, millenarian cults welcoming the Plague as the ultimate form of Unity and the brood of Precursors. All stoned to death.

Hopefully whatever it is doesnt turn out like Mass Effect Andromeda did…

> 2533274814908062;1:
> Hi everyone,
>
> So talking about future of UNSC more and maybe aspects of where the Halo Universe is going, but what does everyone think of Large Magellanic Cloud?
>
> For anyone who doesn’t know and probably already searching web, the Large Magellanic Cloud or (LMC) is dwarf galaxy that near and orbits our own galaxy Milky Way. The signification of LMC is that precursors where located there and Milky Way, this is also place where Flood came from that infected the Milky Way that lead to Human-Forerunner War and later Forerunner-Flood War.
>
> This dwarf galaxy could hold major significant in technology of precursors, knowledge of other life outside the galaxy and more.
>
> I think if UNSC go there, they could encounter different life forms or even flood but a more pure version of the flood that is different from what we seen from Grave Mind and in the Milky Way.
>
> Let me know what you think, have search tell me I am wrong or agree. Want to hear your thoughts :slight_smile:
>
> Have good day!

No,only because it doesn’t seem to fit into the created storyline

Well, the UNSC has barely explored outside the Orion Belt. Even then it has generally been by chance or they were following Covenant/Forerunner coordinates. Human civilization would have to spend a great deal more time perfecting slipspace travel before it could accurately pilot slipspace jumps to the LMG with any degree of consistency.

Most of the UNSC had no knowledge of the history of events in the LMC or it’s connection to the Precursors, Flood or Forerunners. And those who do have no reason to send anyone there as everything in LMC was wiped cleaned by Faber firing Omega Halo during the Battle of the Greater Ark. He did tihs to open a path out of Precursor Star Roads and artefacts and probably to eliminate all knowledge of the Precursors there and the evidence of the Foreunners crimes’ there. All Precursor architecture there is gone. And real life studies show the LMC to be poor in metals and materials needed for any potential sapient species to achieve civilization there so it’s unlikely any sapient life could evolve or thrive there or at least not for every long.

We still have a whole Milky Way galaxy to explore and mysteries to find and solve in it. There’s no point in going to another galaxy in the series.

Well, we know that the UNSC knows about it – the book Silentium is told to us as a bunch of recovered data streams, from the corpses of Catalog found in Onyx. Not only do they know that the Precursors were there, they know that none of their technology likely survived, as brianbeatty pointed out.

That said, I can see two reasons for the UNSC to go to the LMC anyway – firstly, to prove they can. Their technological resources are not so advanced that this is a given for them. Even the Forerunners of the Librarian’s time weren’t sure they could accomplish such a journey (though it would be easier now than then; less traffic). Travel to the LMC would be a great way to expand humanity’s reach even farther, some day. Secondly, they probably very much want to grab some samples of dat thousands-of-ships dead fleet adrift across it, and/or the big reconciliation-absorbing balls. Even millions-of-years-old Forerunner tech is more advanced than the UNSC’s, and there’s a ton of it over there.