Will they make book connections easy for casuals?

In Halo 4, a compliant from some of the more casual fans was the lack of explanation of things that were from the books. These included the Didact, Librarian, Mantle ect, which the lore fans know of course, but not people who just play the games. Those like us who love seeing the games intertwine with the other media is awesome, but can frustrate casuals for lack of explanation. I’m sure there’s gonna be lots of characters and threads from other parts of the lore that come into the game that we will get and understand. Do you think they’ll make it easy for casual fans to understand what some things, characters, and threads will be so they’re not confused?

It’d be good to see an ingame library/encyclopaedia so casual fans can understand the lore better without having to hunt for it. Though the Librarian was was talked about in Halo 3 quite a bit. 343 Guilty Spark mentions her a lot and the terminals also reference to her and the Didact

Not really… Put it this way. Halo 4 was loosely based, but self contained, and slightly introduced characters in a simplistic way.

Expect the same thing here…

just now we have 117 intel files to get more story out of the game.

Considering how poorly they did the character introductions (you barely get to know their names ), I’ve turned pessimistic.It’s just BOOM here’s Osiris and 20 minutes later another BOOM here’s Chief with Spartans he apparently knows, even though we’ve never seen them before. I don’t understand how 343 thinks this is any better than with the Didact. If anything it’s worse since you’ve got 7 new characters instead of one.

It almost feels like 343 is afraid to spend time on telling the story. It feels rushed.

> 2533274963840114;4:
> Considering how poorly they did the character introductions (you barely get to know their names ), I’ve turned pessimistic.It’s just BOOM here’s Osiris and 20 minutes later another BOOM here’s Chief with Spartans he apparently knows, even though we’ve never seen them before. I don’t understand how 343 thinks this is any better than with the Didact. If anything it’s worse since you’ve got 7 new characters instead of one.
>
> It almost feels like 343 is afraid to spend time on telling the story. It feels rushed.

I felt the opening cutscene did a good enough job to convey that they’ve known each other for a long while, that they trained together, are on first name terms…surely that’s enough for the player to know to play the game? It doesn’t need a long exposition explaining every last detail, if players want that then they can either look it up or watch the Reach animated series that’s being released.

I never actually realized that parts of Halo 4 had appeared in the Halo novels until a friend mentioned it to me.

To be honest though I still picked up the story with no issues and I honestly did not feel I was missing out on anything.

> 2533274963840114;4:
> Considering how poorly they did the character introductions (you barely get to know their names ), I’ve turned pessimistic.It’s just BOOM here’s Osiris and 20 minutes later another BOOM here’s Chief with Spartans he apparently knows, even though we’ve never seen them before. I don’t understand how 343 thinks this is any better than with the Didact. If anything it’s worse since you’ve got 7 new characters instead of one.
>
> It almost feels like 343 is afraid to spend time on telling the story. It feels rushed.

I agree. The pacing is just all over the place. Sometimes they go into detail, sometimes they just name drop something random and leave it at that. The game leaps from one scene to the next, more and more characters pop up in short periods of time.

It’s just…overwhelming. It doesn’t help that it seems half of the audio logs contain useful info while the other half contains useless gibberish.

Well, I am trying to catch up in my reading. I hope I make it in time for the game’s release. Oh, does anyone know the timeline of Halo: Escalations issues 19-23 compared to Halo 5?