Will there ever be flood again in a halo?

I deduce that there are no flood in halo 4 yet will there be any in halo 5 or 6? I for one don’t mind them and will find it odd playing a halo trilogy based so deeply on forrunners when their ancient nemesis isn’t with them. They always go hand in hand.
What do you think?

(I think that if they are reintroduced they should be tweaked as in halo 3 the transformer forms were hell)

> I deduce that there are no flood in halo 4 yet will there be any in halo 5 or 6? I for one don’t mind them and will find it odd playing a halo trilogy based so deeply on forrunners when their ancient nemesis isn’t with them. They always go hand in hand.
> What do you think?
>
> (I think that if they are reintroduced they should be tweaked as in halo 3 the transformer forms were hell)

They are Halo 4, Flood Mode for War Games. Overhauled Living Dead, looks really awesome. It seems like a legitimate take on Zombies with a Halo twist. n

However, knowing the Flood still exist somewhere outside the Galaxy, there is no doubt in my mind they will be playing a part in Halo 5/6.

I expect we’ll see them again.

I wouldn’t rule them out just yet. We’ll have to see what direction Halo 4 takes us in to truly know though.

Considering everything in Halo ultimately can be traced back the the Flood, making them the most important aspect of the universe, I’d say: YES.

Apart from that: we didn’t defeat THE Flood.
We killed off a single Gravemind with his small strikeforce army…The “real” Flood is far more dangerous, menacing and a lot bigger than what we’ve seen so far.
And it is known there is more Flood out there.

So it really is just a matter of time before they come back to get some revenge on mankind for what we did to the Gravemind and on the Forerunners for almost destroying it back in the days.

I’m completely certain that the Flood will be in Halo 5. They’re one of the most important aspects of the Halo universe.

Considering where canon is headed. Yeah they’ll be back. They’ll be back.

If some of the more likely theories for who the Ancient Evil is are correct, then yes, the Flood will no doubt return.

Judging from what I’ve heard about Primordium I think the’ll return with their Precursor masters.

I gotta think so. I always looked at Halo as this story about humans vs. covenant with this back story about forunners and flood. It always seemed like the two went hand in hand. Now with the forunners taking the spotlight from the covenant, I gotta believe the flood will follow suit in one of the next titles.

The story wouldn’t make sense without them.

god i hope so, they were so fun in halo 1 and 3, 2 was just kind of wierd. In halo 4, the flood was replaced by promethans, so yeah.

I see a lot of people saying forerunners are going to be a big part of the story. To our knowledge is the Didact not the only one that remains alive? so I don’t think “forerunners” are really taking up much of the story. Perhaps their history is explained more and possibly the Didacts intentions. When he tells MC “the forerunners have returned” does he mean himself and his composed army; because as mentioned above, he is the only one that remains of his ancient civilization. Just some thoughts

> Considering everything in Halo ultimately can be traced back the the Flood, making them the most important aspect of the universe, I’d say: YES.
>
> Apart from that: we didn’t defeat THE Flood.
> We killed off <mark>a single Gravemind with his small strikeforce army</mark>…The “real” Flood is far more dangerous, menacing and a lot bigger than what we’ve seen so far.
> And it is known there is more Flood out there.
>
> So it really is just a matter of time before they come back to get some revenge on mankind for what we did to the Gravemind and on the Forerunners for almost destroying it back in the days.

Say what?!

So there were other Graveminds in existence at the time?! :open_mouth:

I thought that was only the case in the Forerunner Flood war.

I’ve never wanted to see the Flood more than after playing this game. We now have weapons that were designed with fighting the Flood in-mind, yet there aren’t any Flood to fight! lol

I want to see the Precursors…

What ever happened to Gravemind?

It’s been 5 years without them, and 8 years by the time Halo 5 comes out (assuming you don’t count Halo Wars and CEA). It’s time for them to come back, in Halo 5, and maybe Halo 4 Spartan Ops Final Season (both of which would make me more happy than Santa Claus on December 26th!).

But yes, they’ll be back. The Primordial promised this, and Halo 4/5 is in that time zone of them coming back. Be happy we got Forerunner weapons now, otherwise…

> What ever happened to Gravemind?

Halo 3: The Gravemind was trying to rebuild itself on Installation 04-B. Master Chief blew up both Installation 04-B and the Lesser Ark, thus obliterating both the Gravemind and the local infestation.

Final clash between Humanity/Forerunner/Covenant/Flood in Halo 6.