Will there be Ranked?

Will there be a RANKED playlist for halo reach? Comparing to the Ranked 1-50 of halo 3 and The Arena of Halo Reach. I tried searching the forums for this but nothing came up. I don’t think I would buy this game if it doesn’t have some sort of competitive playlist, so I would love to know, thanks!

You mean Halo 4? No word about ranked playlists or ranking system in general yet.

1-50 is gone. There will be some form of a ranked playlist, but 343 hasn’t released any details on that.

Well the game is already almost out so… there is no word on a Ranked system yet? Looks to me like 343 just doesn’t have one at all… at least not on release. Oh well. I really enjoyed halo 3 and to a lesser extent Halo Reach… looks like it ends here though, gotta play other games competitively if I can’t play Halo 4.

> Well the game is already almost out so… there is no word on a Ranked system yet? Looks to me like 343 just doesn’t have one at all… at least not on release. Oh well. I really enjoyed halo 3 and to a lesser extent Halo Reach… looks like it ends here though, gotta play other games competitively if I can’t play Halo 4.

Hopefully they have some kind of ranking system up their sleeves. Everyone knows why the Reach population tanked so hard was because of the hundreds of thousands ranked Halo 3 players were neglected. 343i surely won’t allow the same mistake to happen twice.

No, Frankie confirmed there is a skill based ranking system which will have true skill.

> No, Frankie confirmed there is a skill based ranking system which will have true skill.

I’m not saying a ranked system. There is a ranked system in every fps these days. I thought I made this obvious in my main post, but i’m talking about a Ranked PLAYLIST. Like RANKED PLAYLIST 1-50 in halo 3 and THE ARENA in Halo Reach. Or like RANKED ELO in League of Legends. OR ARENA RATING in Warcraft. Not a hidden mechanic that improves social matchmaking, but actual ranked matchmaking.

I hope I’m wrong… But something tells me it either wont exist or be really fruity in nature… They haven’t mentioned it and I can’t help but feel like they are stalling for a good excuse.

“Look- the progression system IS clearly a ‘ranking’ system hurp derp.”

Doesn’t look like it :frowning:

This thread is rank.

> > No, Frankie confirmed there is a skill based ranking system which will have true skill.
>
> I’m not saying a ranked system. There is a ranked system in every fps these days. I thought I made this obvious in my main post, but i’m talking about a Ranked PLAYLIST. Like RANKED PLAYLIST 1-50 in halo 3 and THE ARENA in Halo Reach. Or like RANKED ELO in League of Legends. OR ARENA RATING in Warcraft. Not a hidden mechanic that improves social matchmaking, but actual ranked matchmaking.

Theres a thread about probs a couple of pages back which had some possible evidence of a rank system using the rank insignia from reach. All we know is that the rank isignia has been seen next to Spartan rank, but seems to not be related to spartan rank, which means that it could be assumed that its a separate ranking system.

If i was going to have a stab at guessing id say if true it shows an ELO trueskill system which would be pretty cool.

Just confuses me why 343i are holding back on any remote info on this so close to launch, i mean it would stop alot of raging posts if instead of saying “there is some form of skill based matchmaking” they would say " we have implemented a “X” system"

Damn, what a shame.

There will be, i doubt they leave it out but if they do halo 4 will fail just as reach did.

> There will be, i doubt they leave it out but if they do halo 4 will fail just as reach did.

Where’s your proof? I don’t believe something unless it had actual material proof behind it.

> > There will be, i doubt they leave it out but if they do halo 4 will fail just as reach did.
>
> Where’s your proof? I don’t believe something unless it had actual material proof behind it.

while in europe frankies said there will be a system announced for all the people “obsessed” with it

In an earlier post he also said any such system would be visible to you and only you.

343 doesnt really care about giving ranked players soemthign they enjoy. They would rather work on griffball and infection, it just matters more to them.

343i has to give the player something to lose if they lose, and something to win if they WIN. That gives each game a purpose and fear to lose. That made all the previous Halo games so successful and fun. Each time you won in a ranked playlist you had this good feeling, that one game you needed to win to get your 50 you knew that you HAD to win and gave it your all… That was halo, it requiered teamwork, comunication AND individual skill.

I hope to see something similar in Halo 4. I know rank playlist doesnt make a game, but it gives players something to practice for, a will to get better, and people actually want to win, unlike Reach/COD it didnt matter and people just quit

PLEASE I would really love some sort of Halo3 ranking system and if not at least
-EXP if a player loses.

We dont want a hidden skill because we dont always want to play competitively so making a social playlist where skill does not matter makes sense.
I hope I’m not alone on this one.