Will there be ODSTs in Halo: Infinite?

I am a huge fan of ODSTs and the last two games (Halo 4 and 5) did not have them, other than Halo 5 having Buck (which is awesome). I would very much like to see them in Infinite. They could drop in and help Chief during a mission or two on Zeta Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

I am almost certain that ODST will be making appearances in Halo Infinite. Gotta think, that this project is gonna be more of a platform than just a continuation of Halo in traditional game dev format. Even with the new boot camp implementation, the AI difficulty has one of the options named ODST. So you could be fighting AI marines, ODST and spartans. Again, will be a tough thought that ODST’s wont have a role in this game.

I really hope so. I love ODST’s too and 343 could find a place to put them in the story.

Hopefully.

> 2535436206422329;1:
> I am a huge fan of ODSTs and the last two games (Halo 4 and 5) did not have them, other than Halo 5 having Buck (which is awesome). I would very much like to see them in Infinite. They could drop in and help Chief during a mission or two on Zeta Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

As they’re a core part of the Halo sandbox I would suspect they would find a place in Infinite.
Imagine you’re on a mission and some ODST’s drop in to support you - you never know!

I’m not sure what the exact canon status is, but spartan 4s might need to be dialed back a bit on how easy they are to create. Anyone being able o become a spartan 4 makes the role ODSTs have nearly redundant. I really hope we see ODSTs return.

> 2533274975565198;6:
> I’m not sure what the exact canon status is, but spartan 4s might need to be dialed back a bit on how easy they are to create. Anyone being able o become a spartan 4 makes the role ODSTs have nearly redundant. I really hope we see ODSTs return.

While easier than previous generations, the Spartan-IVs are far from trivial to make. The augmenting, training, and outfitting a Spartan-IV is still very costly both in time and resources, especially when compared to an ODST. The ODSTs are still around because they’re easier to maintain, as well as the fact ~50,000 of them were still around by the end of the war, and the Spartan-IVs only number about 1,000 tops.

I would be certain of it! I am excited to hopefully see Buck once more!

> 2535425741752556;8:
> I would be certain of it! I am excited to hopefully see Buck once more!

I hope to God we see Buck again

I’ve loved the ODSTs since Halo 2 so I hope that they’re not only in the game but you can have their armor too. Not just the upper body but the entire outfit like the one in Halo 3 which has the legs and boots as well.

I personally really hope to see ODSTs make an appearance in Infinite. To me they’ve always been the glass cannon elite troops, as skilled as a spartan would be without augmentations, but inevitably fragile when compared to Spartans, Jiralhanae, or the Sangheili, and I like that. It would be cool to watch ODSTs in Infinite clean house in spite of their inherent disadvantage, with raw skill and cunning.

Seeing as every game sense 2 has had ODST’s in some way I hope so.

EDIT:

Imagine seeing an ODST squad on the field, a sniper blowing banished heads off form long range, they see you and request back up informing you they have been stuck holding a point for days now.

you get to them find that sniper rifle is the only human weapon they have, there are three of them, they have a stolen wraith, a catch of weapons, and two of them are using banished equipment.

When asked how they survived out here for so long. They respond. “You Spartans aren’t the only elite fire teams out on the Chief.”

I also hope for an apparition of the ODST in Halo Infinite! It would be really cool to see them come into action during a campaign mission.

> 2533274897458576;13:
> I also hope for an apparition of the ODST in Halo Infinite! It would be really cool to see them come into action during a campaign mission.

the player pinned down by artillery fire from a hostile base

“chief hold on reinforcements are coming”

Suddenly drop pods start landing around both human and sangheili as a group of swords and ODST’s start bringing the pain

“hope we aren’t late for the party.”

comes an ODST voice as your allies start wreaking havoc on the base

> 2535436206422329;1:
> I am a huge fan of ODSTs and the last two games (Halo 4 and 5) did not have them, other than Halo 5 having Buck (which is awesome). I would very much like to see them in Infinite. They could drop in and help Chief during a mission or two on Zeta Halo. Let me know what you guys think!

I personally do not understand the decision to make Buck a Spartan. The coolest thing about ODSTs is that they are not Spartans.

A sense of scale is very important in world building and Bungie’s last two games really seem to focus on building up the Halo Universe. ODST is a great addition to Halo, just seeing regular people dealing with the reality of a large scale alien invasion adds a layer of believably to the universe. Reach was able to get away with introducing a whole team of Spartans because it was (mostly) lore accurate and they had a genuine sense of heroism and purpose.

Halo 4’s UNSC seems painfully incompetent; They have -Yoink- out Spartans left and right but still need Chief to get anything done. Simple tasks for Chief now make the player beg the questions, “why me? what is every other Spartan doing?”

TLDR; ODSTs are important and Spartans are ruining Halo.

> 2535444395359788;15:
> > 2535436206422329;1:
> > I am a huge fan of ODSTs and the last two games (Halo 4 and 5) did not have them, other than Halo 5 having Buck (which is awesome). I would very much like to see them in Infinite. They could drop in and help Chief during a mission or two on Zeta Halo. Let me know what you guys think!
>
> I personally do not understand the decision to make Buck a Spartan. The coolest thing about ODSTs is that they are not Spartans.
>
> A sense of scale is very important in world building and Bungie’s last two games really seem to focus on building up the Halo Universe. ODST is a great addition to Halo, just seeing regular people dealing with the reality of a large scale alien invasion adds a layer of believably to the universe. Reach was able to get away with introducing a whole team of Spartans because it was (mostly) lore accurate and they had a genuine sense of heroism and purpose.
>
> Halo 4’s UNSC seems painfully incompetent; They have -Yoink- out Spartans left and right but still need Chief to get anything done. Simple tasks for Chief now make the player beg the questions, “why me? what is every other Spartan doing?”
>
> TLDR; ODSTs are important and Spartans are ruining Halo.

I disagree. Making Alpha-Nine a Spartan team extends their humanity. It shows how a group of soldiers that we know would react to becoming a Spartan and all of the troubles that come with it. I do, however, miss the ODST part of them. I just think that Spartans and ODSTs are awesome, and merging them together like they did with Alpha-Nine is even more awesome. Maybe 343 could make a new team of ODSTs and give them a story DLC, but I have a feeling that it would feel too: “we’ve done this before”.

> 2533274859875950;2:
> I am almost certain that ODST will be making appearances in Halo Infinite. Gotta think, that this project is gonna be more of a platform than just a continuation of Halo in traditional game dev format. Even with the new boot camp implementation, the AI difficulty has one of the options named ODST. So you could be fighting AI marines, ODST and spartans. Again, will be a tough thought that ODST’s wont have a role in this game.

The Marine, ODST, and Spartan difficulty settings are just difficulty settings. I don’t think they literally change who you fight against.

> 2535436206422329;17:
> > 2533274859875950;2:
> > I am almost certain that ODST will be making appearances in Halo Infinite. Gotta think, that this project is gonna be more of a platform than just a continuation of Halo in traditional game dev format. Even with the new boot camp implementation, the AI difficulty has one of the options named ODST. So you could be fighting AI marines, ODST and spartans. Again, will be a tough thought that ODST’s wont have a role in this game.
>
> The Marine, ODST, and Spartan difficulty settings are just difficulty settings. I don’t think they literally change who you fight against.

Right. I was just saying that the even the difficulty is named ODST so it will be hard to imagine a game that’s centric around the Halo world not have any ODST in it.

> 2533274859875950;18:
> > 2535436206422329;17:
> > > 2533274859875950;2:
> > > I am almost certain that ODST will be making appearances in Halo Infinite. Gotta think, that this project is gonna be more of a platform than just a continuation of Halo in traditional game dev format. Even with the new boot camp implementation, the AI difficulty has one of the options named ODST. So you could be fighting AI marines, ODST and spartans. Again, will be a tough thought that ODST’s wont have a role in this game.
> >
> > The Marine, ODST, and Spartan difficulty settings are just difficulty settings. I don’t think they literally change who you fight against.
>
> Right. I was just saying that the even the difficulty is named ODST so it will be hard to imagine a game that’s centric around the Halo world not have any ODST in it.

ah.

I hope it does. if not i will be very annoyed.