Will there be Invasion in Halo 4?

Invasion is by far my favorite gametype in Reach - and there’s still a fairly healthy population that plays as well. For a while, it was out-populating BTB after launch and the following months. I think the lack of new maps caused the population shift eventually.

Anyways - has Invasion been confirmed to exist or not exist in Halo 4? I searched the forums, but didn’t find any relevant topics (mostly older posts about needing new maps.)

Thanks!

Honestly, I feel like 343i is planning to replace it with something better. If you read the bulletin, Longbow was designed with a gametype in mind, so perhaps it’s a new version of Invasion?

I hope not, though. Keeping Invasion and introducing another big-team unique gametype would be nice. (:

They haven’t confirmed its return, but one can only hope it’ll come back. Its has been said in some of the bulletins though, that there will be a new gametype that “scratches that itch”.

I also think that they are going to replace Invasion with similar yet different gametype.

If 343i could take invasion and expand on it a little bit. Give it more playable maps or objective based gametypes. Reach invasion became boring very quickly to me because it was the same gametype over and over on the same 2 maps. Not sure if that was ever fixed because I never went back to it. However if the gametype was expanded on, it could be a viable playlist.

Halo 4 will probably have a successor to Invasion (perhaps the unknown gametype Longbow was built for?), if not Invasion itself.

Elites have been confirmed that there not playable, so I think its going to be replaced with something else.

> Honestly, I feel like 343i is planning to <mark>replace it with something better.</mark> If you read the bulletin, Longbow was designed with a gametype in mind, so perhaps it’s a new version of Invasion?
>
> I hope not, though. Keeping Invasion and introducing another big-team unique gametype would be nice. (:

That’s exactly what I thought when I read the bulletin.

God i hope so

Not the “classic” Invasion if that’s what you mean.

They are probably replacing it with something else fingers crossed

> Honestly, I feel like 343i is planning to replace it with something better. If you read the bulletin, Longbow was designed with a gametype in mind, so perhaps it’s a new version of Invasion?
>
> I hope not, though. Keeping Invasion and introducing another big-team unique gametype would be nice. (:

I’m hoping for something like Bowser, something better than Invasion with larger and possibly a bit more linear of maps with a wider set.

Larger than that one Reach map in the abandoned ship-yard, with more options.

> Elites have been confirmed that there not playable, so I think its going to be replaced with something else.

Why do people insist that Elites are necessary for invasion when that’s not the case at all.

I hope so…

> > Elites have been confirmed that there not playable, so I think its going to be replaced with something else.
>
> Why do people insist that Elites are necessary for invasion when that’s not the case at all.

Elites are necessary for Invasion. It was designed around Spartans vs Elites. Spartans invading other Spartans would be a bit strange.

Elites are not necessary for whatever 343i is replacing Invasion with.

> > > Elites have been confirmed that there not playable, so I think its going to be replaced with something else.
> >
> > Why do people insist that Elites are necessary for invasion when that’s not the case at all.
>
> Elites are necessary for Invasion. It was designed around Spartans vs Elites. Spartans invading other Spartans would be a bit strange.
>
> Elites are not necessary for whatever 343i is replacing Invasion with.

But they really aren’t though. You can have two teams of Spartans and it would literally be the same thing. I don’t understand how not having Elites would change the objective of the gametype.

> > > > Elites have been confirmed that there not playable, so I think its going to be replaced with something else.
> > >
> > > Why do people insist that Elites are necessary for invasion when that’s not the case at all.
> >
> > Elites are necessary for Invasion. It was designed around Spartans vs Elites. Spartans invading other Spartans would be a bit strange.
> >
> > Elites are not necessary for whatever 343i is replacing Invasion with.
>
> But they really aren’t though. You can have two teams of Spartans and it would literally be the same thing. I don’t understand how not having Elites would change the objective of the gametype.

It wouldn’t change the objective, no. However it would change the flow of the gameplay as Spartans handle differently to Elites in Reach. Invasion is Spartans vs Elites, that is how it was designed and that is how it is. Anything else would be a BTB objectives match essentially.

Replace Invasion? Really? I thought it was just fine the way it was. In fact I quite enjoyed my time playing Halo:Reach Invasion.

Hope so it had so much potential to expand on.
They have brought in new maps from forge but it was neglitic for so long think they will have hard time reviving it in reach.

> > > > > Elites have been confirmed that there not playable, so I think its going to be replaced with something else.
> > > >
> > > > Why do people insist that Elites are necessary for invasion when that’s not the case at all.
> > >
> > > Elites are necessary for Invasion. It was designed around Spartans vs Elites. Spartans invading other Spartans would be a bit strange.
> > >
> > > Elites are not necessary for whatever 343i is replacing Invasion with.
> >
> > But they really aren’t though. You can have two teams of Spartans and it would literally be the same thing. I don’t understand how not having Elites would change the objective of the gametype.
>
> It wouldn’t change the objective, no. However it would change the flow of the gameplay as Spartans handle differently to Elites in Reach. Invasion is Spartans vs Elites, that is how it was designed and that is how it is. Anything else would be a BTB objectives match essentially.

Yes your right it would change the flow, but it’s probably for the better as it would be more balanced. But to say invasion couldn’t work with out Elites is a fallacy and to not have it come back because of the lack of Elites is crap.

> > > > > > Elites have been confirmed that there not playable, so I think its going to be replaced with something else.
> > > > >
> > > > > Why do people insist that Elites are necessary for invasion when that’s not the case at all.
> > > >
> > > > Elites are necessary for Invasion. It was designed around Spartans vs Elites. Spartans invading other Spartans would be a bit strange.
> > > >
> > > > Elites are not necessary for whatever 343i is replacing Invasion with.
> > >
> > > But they really aren’t though. You can have two teams of Spartans and it would literally be the same thing. I don’t understand how not having Elites would change the objective of the gametype.
> >
> > It wouldn’t change the objective, no. However it would change the flow of the gameplay as Spartans handle differently to Elites in Reach. Invasion is Spartans vs Elites, that is how it was designed and that is how it is. Anything else would be a BTB objectives match essentially.
>
> Yes your right it would change the flow, but it’s probably for the better as it would be more balanced. But to say invasion couldn’t work with out Elites is a fallacy and to not have it come back because of the lack of Elites is crap.

I imagine the reason it’s not coming back is less to do with the fact Elites are no longer playable and more to do with 343i wanting to create their own gametype that fits in with the style of Halo 4.

Invasion was a very Reach style game, and from what we have seen so far Halo 4 is shaping up to be very different than Reach.

Also I’m not saying Invasion couldn’t work without Elites, I’m saying that it would no longer be Invasion.