Will there be flight3? (15 Nov 2021)

I am feeling HIWS (Halo Infinite Withdrawal Symptoms) already, Can anyone tell me if there will be flight3? Has to be right I really want flight3 to be for the Halo 20th Anniversary so the Halo community/Fans can celebrate it style. Not asking much but 343i please let us play one Halo Infinite campaign mission (ok just half a mission then) on the 15th November 2021 please.

Who is with me on this? :grin:

I just want to know if this is a thing so I can sign up now that I sold my series x on my pc.

> 2533274973962710;2:
> I just want to know if this is a thing so I can sign up now that I sold my series x on my pc.

If you haven’t already you can sign up on the insider program, not everyone get’s on flights, but normally it’s the only way to get on them.
Wether or not there will be another flight before launch, it’s really just a case of waiting for official announcement, although with flights usually being 2 months apart, it’s unlikely there would be another one before launch, but who knows…

I don’t think we really need Halo Infinite testing any more.
I think multi-player mode is well polished and can be launched tomorrow.

> 2533274818695451;4:
> I don’t think we really need Halo Infinite testing any more.
> I think multi-player mode is well polished and can be launched tomorrow.

imo a lot of bugfixing, performance optimizations, vehicle and weapon tuning needs to be done before launch.

> 2533274794138227;1:
> I am feeling HIWS (Halo Infinite Withdrawal Symptoms) already, Can anyone tell me if there will be flight3? Has to be right I really want flight3 to be for the Halo 20th Anniversary so the Halo community/Fans can celebrate it style. Not asking much but 343i please let us play one Halo Infinite campaign mission (ok just half a mission then) on the 15th November 2021 please.
>
> Who is with me on this? :grin:

Highly unlikely if you ask me, building a flight build takes time for 343i to do, literal months to prepare it for public testing.

At this point I imagine 343i are going through flight feedback and seeing what they’re able to implement into the current build and what they can do down the road.
Let’s also not forget that 343i are currently polishing up the main build of Halo Infinite now anyway.

I don’t want to speak for 343i but I imagine that they have a good amount of feedback now and resources are probably better spent elsewhere rather than releasing another flight build.

Of course I could be wrong but that’s my take.

They may do a 3rd and final flight but as previously said, the devs are in shutdown mode trying to fix bugs and implement things from the previous feedback. If there are anymore bugs are feedback, they’ll implement it after release

I’m pretty sure they said that they would continue flighting after launch, so in that sense they’ll continue to incorporate feedback from us.

As for a flight before launch specifically, TheDonCJG voiced my expectations on that quite nicely.

> 2533274865778947;6:
> > 2533274794138227;1:
> > I am feeling HIWS (Halo Infinite Withdrawal Symptoms) already, Can anyone tell me if there will be flight3? Has to be right I really want flight3 to be for the Halo 20th Anniversary so the Halo community/Fans can celebrate it style. Not asking much but 343i please let us play one Halo Infinite campaign mission (ok just half a mission then) on the 15th November 2021 please.
> >
> > Who is with me on this? :grin:
>
> Highly unlikely if you ask me, building a flight build takes time for 343i to do, literal months to prepare it for public testing.
>
> At this point I imagine 343i are going through flight feedback and seeing what they’re able to implement into the current build and what they can do down the road.
> Let’s also not forget that 343i are currently polishing up the main build of Halo Infinite now anyway.
>
> I don’t want to speak for 343i but I imagine that they have a good amount of feedback now and resources are probably better spent elsewhere rather than releasing another flight build.
>
> Of course I could be wrong but that’s my take.

> 2533274865778947;6:
> > 2533274794138227;1:
> > I am feeling HIWS (Halo Infinite Withdrawal Symptoms) already, Can anyone tell me if there will be flight3? Has to be right I really want flight3 to be for the Halo 20th Anniversary so the Halo community/Fans can celebrate it style. Not asking much but 343i please let us play one Halo Infinite campaign mission (ok just half a mission then) on the 15th November 2021 please.
> >
> > Who is with me on this? :grin:
>
> Highly unlikely if you ask me, building a flight build takes time for 343i to do, literal months to prepare it for public testing.
>
> At this point I imagine 343i are going through flight feedback and seeing what they’re able to implement into the current build and what they can do down the road.
> Let’s also not forget that 343i are currently polishing up the main build of Halo Infinite now anyway.
>
> I don’t want to speak for 343i but I imagine that they have a good amount of feedback now and resources are probably better spent elsewhere rather than releasing another flight build.
>
> Of course I could be wrong but that’s my take.

^^ definitely this. I would like another test, I want to play this game again, but I also want launch to go smoothly, and it would be unfair to take time from launch optimization for another flight which wouldn’t really do much in the grand scheme of things.

> 2533274818695451;4:
> I don’t think we really need Halo Infinite testing any more.
> I think multi-player mode is well polished and can be launched tomorrow.

Shhhhhh

The community director said to uninstall the tech preview so I think that’s a sign that there won’t be another one.

> 2533274864008327;11:
> The community director said to uninstall the tech preview so I think that’s a sign that there won’t be another one.

One reason could be that a new build will be redeployed right? I know from flight 2.1 to 2.2 the build was the same. We also learnt it was an older build for sure. I think from my part there is a hope for another flight 3 or play campaign part of a mission as a 20th Halo anniversary on 15th Nov :wink:

There are no more planned flights, we’re on the road to launch now

I think it’s possible. We have tested out the bots and the servers on both the flights. Those were the set goals of those flights and if they still want more feedback on another area, they would have already prepared for it a while back.

This week we will get a ranked match to watch. So we will see the rule set and how comp will play. I can imagine they will have another flight in November for final weapon tuning for launch. We have only used a handful of weapons in the full game and to get them in players hands can go a long way into making sure they are balanced before launch. I also suspect it will be a fully open flight to give the servers one more test for the Free to play launch.

I think this is possible but its in no way a fact. We will see. It would have been something they were preparing a while back so time will tell.

> 2533274813317074;13:
> There are no more planned flights, we’re on the road to launch now

I’m surprised they aren’t doing a true open flight to test server stability. It’s actually a bit worrisome. I hope this won’t be a repeat of the launch of MCC where you couldn’t even play a multiplayer game.

Maybe they got enough info from the last flight for server stability, here’s to hoping.

> 2533274796540656;15:
> I’m surprised they aren’t doing a true open flight to test server stability. It’s actually a bit worrisome.

That was a focus for the BTB flight - matchmaking times were specifically limited to push as many players as possible online in a short period of time, rather than spreading the population out over the full day. I’m sure they’ve got all the data they needed :slight_smile:

> 2533274794138227;12:
> > 2533274864008327;11:
> > The community director said to uninstall the tech preview so I think that’s a sign that there won’t be another one.
>
> One reason could be that a new build will be redeployed right? I know from flight 2.1 to 2.2 the build was the same. We also learnt it was an older build for sure. I think from my part there is a hope for another flight 3 or play campaign part of a mission as a 20th Halo anniversary on 15th Nov :wink:

No, they wouldn’t tell you to completely remove the client. They even did a patch update mid-flight that added performance enhancements and whatever else, so they would just push an update if that were the case.

Maybe I’m totally off base.

They don’t really have anything left to test either. They’ve tested bots, tested PvP, tested progression, did a thorough load test and collected loads of data. From a QA standpoint, they’re probably good. A third flight would be marketing based which they really don’t need.

EDIT: Just saw the mod post. Told ya.

> 2533274953195665;5:
> > 2533274818695451;4:
> > I don’t think we really need Halo Infinite testing any more.
> > I think multi-player mode is well polished and can be launched tomorrow.
>
> imo a lot of bugfixing, performance optimizations, vehicle and weapon tuning needs to be done before launch.

You and hundreds of people seemed to miss the memo:

The version we were playing last flight was several months old; all of the “known bugs” have already been fixed in the real files, including the BXB glitch. It’s all fixed. All they are doing now is making sure it launches properly and, meanwhile, they are fixing the few remaining bugs and optimization hiccups. They posted videos and a lot of tweets about this. I think it was also in the official forum thread.

So don’t worry, we played a very rough version and all of the known bugs have been fixed in the main version for a long time now. They could easily tune some weapons/grenades/vehicles before Dec. 8, but that’s about it tbh.