Will there be Clans?

Something that hasn’t been discussed in a while is the clan system. I loved that system in Halo 2. It just felt awesome to have a group of your friends under a single banner. It was a cool little thing to have… yet Bungie removed it with Halo 3. In my opinion, there was no good reason to remove it. It was fun and it brought a greater sense of companionship -if you will- among the community.

People have been asking to have it back since Halo 3, yet it’s fallen on deaf ears for years. So, will there be clans in Halo 4, 343i? or will we just have to keep on waiting and hoping?

I hope so, now would be a good time to bring back the Clan System but ultimately that is up to Microsoft as it involves changing the Friends List system a bit. Which is why it was taken out for Halo 3 because the Clan List and Friends List were problematic to one another coding-wise. Maybe 343i has found a way around it already and is bringing back the Clan System.

I hope they do that. That would be awesome.

> I hope so, now would be a good time to bring back the Clan System but ultimately that is up to Microsoft as it involves changing the Friends List system a bit. Which is why it was taken out for Halo 3 because the Clan List and Friends List were problematic to one another coding-wise. Maybe 343i has found a way around it already and is bringing back the Clan System.

I hope so. There just has to be a way fro the system to work better. It’s been years since Halo 2. Surely they would have found a way by now?

well in the Making of Halo 4 vidoc we do see team emblems in slayer, a hint to the Clan system maybe?

> well in the Making of Halo 4 vidoc we do see team emblems in slayer, a hint to the Clan system maybe?

You’re getting my hopes up. But I guess we still need to wait and see. There’s lots of speculation right now. E3 is probably where is all comes out.