Will there be better ragdoll physics?

I was wondering if anything was confirmed about the physics of DEAD bodies in this game?

I always loved the way bodies in H3 MP would still be able to move after being killed, unlike reach where they just stick in one spot for the most part. Used to be able to see some funny -Yoink- with bodies in Halo 3, not so much in ReachAround.

Any news on this?

Since 343i are basing the base traits of the Spartans on Halo 3, it can be assumed that the rag doll physics will be as crazy as ever.

> Since 343i are basing the base traits of the Spartans on Halo 3, it can be assumed that the rag doll physics will be as crazy as ever.

Traits have nothing to do with physics.

body floats down stream on valhalla

> body floats down stream on valhalla

A very SMALL example, but nonetheless a great one. Made the game feel a lot more ‘real’ to me.

> > Since 343i are basing the base traits of the Spartans on Halo 3, it can be assumed that the rag doll physics will be as crazy as ever.
>
> Traits have nothing to do with physics.

Yes, you are right. What I meant to say was that in Halo 3, the Spartans were a lot stronger so their melees were extremely powerful. In Halo Reach, the Spartan 3’s melees were a lot weaker. In fact everything was put down a step. Their speed, shields and health were also decreased. Now that we have Spartan IVs in Halo 4, which 343i has said will play a lot similar to Master Chief for gameplay reasons, it can be assumed that it will be similar to Halo 3’s.

> > > Since 343i are basing the base traits of the Spartans on Halo 3, it can be assumed that the rag doll physics will be as crazy as ever.
> >
> > Traits have nothing to do with physics.
>
> Yes, you are right. What I meant to say was that in Halo 3, the Spartans were a lot stronger so their melees were extremely powerful. In Halo Reach, the Spartan 3’s melees were a lot weaker. In fact everything was put down a step. Their speed, shields and health were also decreased. Now that we have Spartan IVs in Halo 4, which 343i has said will play a lot similar to Master Chief for gameplay reasons, it can be assumed that it will be similar to Halo 3’s.

Yes, but will the bodies remain limp after death? Or become stiff like in Reach?

> > > > Since 343i are basing the base traits of the Spartans on Halo 3, it can be assumed that the rag doll physics will be as crazy as ever.
> > >
> > > Traits have nothing to do with physics.
> >
> > Yes, you are right. What I meant to say was that in Halo 3, the Spartans were a lot stronger so their melees were extremely powerful. In Halo Reach, the Spartan 3’s melees were a lot weaker. In fact everything was put down a step. Their speed, shields and health were also decreased. Now that we have Spartan IVs in Halo 4, which 343i has said will play a lot similar to Master Chief for gameplay reasons, it can be assumed that it will be similar to Halo 3’s.
>
> Yes, but will the bodies remain limp after death? Or become stiff like in Reach?

That’s what I’ve been trying to explain. In Reach, they were a bit stiff because you were playing as S-III’s. It’s in ODST, you could barely move the bodies because you were playing as an ODST. I have no idea, if 343i will follow Reach’s path in ragdoll physics, but it would make a lot of sense if they worked similar to Halo 3.

> > > > > Since 343i are basing the base traits of the Spartans on Halo 3, it can be assumed that the rag doll physics will be as crazy as ever.
> > > >
> > > > Traits have nothing to do with physics.
> > >
> > > Yes, you are right. What I meant to say was that in Halo 3, the Spartans were a lot stronger so their melees were extremely powerful. In Halo Reach, the Spartan 3’s melees were a lot weaker. In fact everything was put down a step. Their speed, shields and health were also decreased. Now that we have Spartan IVs in Halo 4, which 343i has said will play a lot similar to Master Chief for gameplay reasons, it can be assumed that it will be similar to Halo 3’s.
> >
> > Yes, but will the bodies remain limp after death? Or become stiff like in Reach?
>
> That’s what I’ve been trying to explain. In Reach, they were a bit stiff because you were playing as S-III’s. It’s in ODST, you could barely move the bodies because you were playing as an ODST. I have no idea, if 343i will follow Reach’s path in ragdoll physics, but it would make a lot of sense if they worked similar to Halo 3.

Ah, I see. I hope you are correct, I want to see bodies flopping around again.

> > > > > > Since 343i are basing the base traits of the Spartans on Halo 3, it can be assumed that the rag doll physics will be as crazy as ever.
> > > > >
> > > > > Traits have nothing to do with physics.
> > > >
> > > > Yes, you are right. What I meant to say was that in Halo 3, the Spartans were a lot stronger so their melees were extremely powerful. In Halo Reach, the Spartan 3’s melees were a lot weaker. In fact everything was put down a step. Their speed, shields and health were also decreased. Now that we have Spartan IVs in Halo 4, which 343i has said will play a lot similar to Master Chief for gameplay reasons, it can be assumed that it will be similar to Halo 3’s.
> > >
> > > Yes, but will the bodies remain limp after death? Or become stiff like in Reach?
> >
> > That’s what I’ve been trying to explain. In Reach, they were a bit stiff because you were playing as S-III’s. It’s in ODST, you could barely move the bodies because you were playing as an ODST. I have no idea, if 343i will follow Reach’s path in ragdoll physics, but it would make a lot of sense if they worked similar to Halo 3.
>
> Ah, I see. I hope you are correct, I want to see bodies flopping around again.

I hope I’m correct too.

> That’s what I’ve been trying to explain. In Reach, they were a bit stiff because you were playing as S-III’s. It’s in ODST, you could barely move the bodies because you were playing as an ODST. I have no idea, if 343i will follow Reach’s path in ragdoll physics, but it would make a lot of sense if they worked similar to Halo 3.

If you play Reach with Halo 3 traits, physics will still be the same. I don’t see how player traits are relevant to ragdoll physics.

What? I could see not being able to manipulate the bodies by punching them or whatever if your an odst or s3, but what about grenades? or rockets? or bullets? I think regardless of how tiny and puny i am, a rocket launcher should still have been able to send a dead body flying.

What is this thread even about? You want dead bodies flying everywhere if a grenade goes off nearby? You want the game to waste resources tracking that? Thats partially why H3 lag was so bad.

That animated deaths in reach are great, and they still ragdoll, just not as much. So that it actually feels like spartans have weight and are not made of paper.

> What is this thread even about? You want dead bodies flying everywhere if a grenade goes off nearby? You want the game to waste resources tracking that? Thats partially why H3 lag was so bad.
>
> That animated deaths in reach are great, and they still ragdoll, just not as much. So that it actually feels like spartans have weight and are not made of paper.

well i hadn’t thought of it that way…

shuts up

I think in the VIDOC 343 showed there was a red guy falling and it looked like it did in HALO 3 so

------------------YES

I want to see rag dolls be affected differently with different player weights (jump height) and player gravity.

> body floats down stream on valhalla

Halo 3 <3

> > body floats down stream on valhalla
>
> Halo 3 <3

Because of course a small stream can carry away 1000 pound Spartans… No.
I want to actually feel like I am this walking tank. If a body falls to the ground I want it drop like a half ton rock and slam into the ground.
That doesn’t mean we can’t jump high, it just means we should fall hard and look/feel heavy

> > > body floats down stream on valhalla
> >
> > Halo 3 <3
>
> Because of course a small stream can carry away 1000 pound Spartans… No.

O rly?

> > > > body floats down stream on valhalla
> > >
> > > Halo 3 <3
> >
> > Because of course a small stream can carry away 1000 pound Spartans… No.
>
> O rly?

But a spartan is more dense and compact. Cars can trap air which helps them float, Larger surface area, raging flood waters=/=slow moving stream, plus numerous other factors.
Spartans would sink