Will there be assassinations in Halo Infinite?

I’m kind of worried that halo infinite won’t have assassinations. It’s been one of my favorite additions to halo and they had a perfect chance to showcase one of them in the trailer but they didn’t.

> 2535413677773564;1:
> I’m kind of worried that halo infinite won’t have assassinations. It’s been one of my favorite additions to halo and they had a perfect chance to showcase one of them in the trailer but they didn’t.

I feel like they need to answer this question asap. It’s being asked about every day(especially on these forums)

I don’t mind if they weren’t in the roadmap to launch with the game. If they are implemented I hope there’s an option to turn them off.

i just copied this from what i just typed in another assassination post

I DO NOT want assassinations, and if they must be in the game, then it needs the turn off option. Being animation locked in shooters is horrible game design, being unable to respond to situations for even a short time gets you killed. It also makes the game feel sluggish, the more fancy animations you have the more delay between each action. Even the clamber and short delay after sprinting before being able to shoot all made the games from reach to 5 feel much less responsive than ce-3. Assassinations also prevent you from getting what could be multikill assassinations, where you sneak behind multiple enemies and could just hit 1, 2, 3 enemies with single quick assassinations, an animation would have you locked on the first person and then the other 2 see you and kill you. I think that its mostly social/campaign players that want this feature tbh, because most competitive players want fast, accurate and smooth gameplay, over flashy.

> 2763816199912979;3:
> > 2763816199912979;3:
> > i just copied this from what i just typed in another assassination post
> >
> > I DO NOT want assassinations, and if they must be in the game, then it needs the turn off option. Being animation locked in shooters is horrible game design, being unable to respond to situations for even a short time gets you killed. It also makes the game feel sluggish, the more fancy animations you have the more delay between each action. Even the clamber and short delay after sprinting before being able to shoot all made the games from reach to 5 feel much less responsive than ce-3. Assassinations also prevent you from getting what could be multikill assassinations, where you sneak behind multiple enemies and could just hit 1, 2, 3 enemies with single quick assassinations, an animation would have you locked on the first person and then the other 2 see you and kill you. I think that its mostly social/campaign players that want this feature tbh, because most competitive players want fast, accurate and smooth gameplay, over flashy.
>
> i just copied this from what i just typed in another assassination post
>
> I DO NOT want assassinations, and if they must be in the game, then it needs the turn off option. Being animation locked in shooters is horrible game design, being unable to respond to situations for even a short time gets you killed. It also makes the game feel sluggish, the more fancy animations you have the more delay between each action. Even the clamber and short delay after sprinting before being able to shoot all made the games from reach to 5 feel much less responsive than ce-3. Assassinations also prevent you from getting what could be multikill assassinations, where you sneak behind multiple enemies and could just hit 1, 2, 3 enemies with single quick assassinations, an animation would have you locked on the first person and then the other 2 see you and kill you. I think that its mostly social/campaign players that want this feature tbh, because most competitive players want fast, accurate and smooth gameplay, over flashy.

I mainly want them because I just like the flashy feeling of assassinating somebody in multiplayer although I do understand your point. They could make it how it was in halo 5 where you can disable assassinations on melee so you can keep moving quick and focus on the action to cater to everyone.

> 2535413677773564;4:
> > 2763816199912979;3:
> > > 2763816199912979;3:
> > > i just copied this from what i just typed in another assassination post
> > >
> > > I DO NOT want assassinations, and if they must be in the game, then it needs the turn off option. Being animation locked in shooters is horrible game design, being unable to respond to situations for even a short time gets you killed. It also makes the game feel sluggish, the more fancy animations you have the more delay between each action. Even the clamber and short delay after sprinting before being able to shoot all made the games from reach to 5 feel much less responsive than ce-3. Assassinations also prevent you from getting what could be multikill assassinations, where you sneak behind multiple enemies and could just hit 1, 2, 3 enemies with single quick assassinations, an animation would have you locked on the first person and then the other 2 see you and kill you. I think that its mostly social/campaign players that want this feature tbh, because most competitive players want fast, accurate and smooth gameplay, over flashy.
>
> I mainly want them because I just like the flashy feeling of assassinating somebody in multiplayer although I do understand your point. They could make it how it was in halo 5 where you can disable assassinations on melee so you can keep moving quick and focus on the action to cater to everyone.

As long as it can be fully disabled im fine with it. im ok killing an enemy stuck in an animation lol. i just personally dont want any loss of control of my own character for any amount of time

I hope assassinations are implemented in Infinite the same way in Halo 5, which had an option to disable them.

> 2535415525919240;2:
> > 2535413677773564;1:
> > I’m kind of worried that halo infinite won’t have assassinations. It’s been one of my favorite additions to halo and they had a perfect chance to showcase one of them in the trailer but they didn’t.
>
> I feel like they need to answer this question asap. It’s being asked about every day(especially on these forums)
>
> I don’t mind if they weren’t in the roadmap to launch with the game. If they are implemented I hope there’s an option to turn them off.

To answer your last point if assassinations ARE included you’ll probably have an option to turn them off like you did in halo 5.