Will there be an Alpha or Beta widely available?

It would be so amazing if there was a long term beta, or closed alpha for Halo insiders. I think it would be a great way to test the multiplayer of Infinite. A beta would be definitely awesome if it was over the summer. I mean, I wouldn’t even care if it was only 2-3 maps. What do you guys think? Do you want a Beta or do you wanna wait until the game comes out?

i mean if you want to be on the list for said beta its best to join the halo insider programme.

this is me having a guess but i think we’ll have more details on said flight/Beta around May/June and the actual availability of it would be around September/October

Link for those wanting to sign up

I’m sure there was something about an Beta before release

They have already confirmed that there will be a beta(or in their words flighting) sometime this year. Other reports say that there will be multiple flights, starting out smaller and then growing in size to accommodate more players. So far all they have said is you need to be a part of the Halo Insider program, and if you hope to be part of flighting on console you will need to be part of the xbox insider program as well. Signing up for xbox insider is super easy. I believe all you have to do is download the xbox insider hub from the microsoft store.

In terms of when I think the flights will start, I think they will start in the summer. They may have a small scale one that is super secret in May perhaps, with larger scale ones in July and August. I would like to see multiple different maps as well as a wide range of equipment for us to test out. I’m just too excited to finally play!

I would love a HI beta test and I’m looking forward to one. Considering the amount of pressure on 343 and Microsoft to make a good Halo game, I believe a beta would help tremendously. Of course no large changes to gameplay are likely to occur between beta and launch, but the importance of getting the kinks out of the new software engine can’t be overstated. That’s not even to mention the potential network or hardware problems between pc and different generations of xbox.
As an example of releasing a game on a new engine, Destiny never looked polished until about two years into development. Destiny was basically just a beta for Destiny 2. Ranting aside for now, they need to test test test in order to have a respectable product ready this fall.

Nothing was ever said about a “beta”. They will be doing multiple flight tests for insiders so sign up and fill out all your details to be contacted about testing. Very unlikely they will just drop a beta for people to download as 343 is trying to get real data and thats why the flighting applications have so much information to ensure they are pulling info from where 343 wants it.

i mean there simply MUST a be a thoroughly beta right?
they cant ship a flawed mess with new patches every week.
not after a year long delay.
And it must be long enough to react to players feedback.
A beta should be only for bug fixing imo

If the launch content is stated as being complete (minus graphical fidelity) then what’s the point of doing flighting in the summer? Wouldn’t you want to rush it out asap so you have more time to debug?

> 2591580321307319;8:
> If the launch content is stated as being complete (minus graphical fidelity) then what’s the point of doing flighting in the summer? Wouldn’t you want to rush it out asap so you have more time to debug?

Flighting will be about the Multiplayer.Test the servers and help balance a few weapons.

I was hoping they would release the campaign demo they showed off in the gameplay trailer. I think that would be perfect. But obviously you wouldn’t be able to go anywhere else but only where chief went in the gameplay demo

I want a beta, especially after Halo 4 and MCC launch issues. Plus, odds are the flights will become more easily accessible as time goes by to ensure many people test it.