Will there be a new website for the official forums?

No offense to 343, but this website absolutely sucks. First of all, it’s an extension of xbox.com. It’s not even like we’re on 343’s actual site. Secondly, these forums are pretty much empty. I posted a new thread about 10 minutes ago, and it has about 5 replies right now. This wouldn’t be a problem if it wasn’t still on the top of the page. This might be a result of the fact that these forums are pretty hard to find in the first place.

So, will we see a new site or are we stuck with this load of garbage?

There will be new forum features soon but this is the official 343 website.

That’s just blatantly insulting to everyone here man. I want to stay here, its nice and with a couple more features it can be better than B.net

Also take notice to the word in parenthesis next to where it says “Forums”

343 is an extension of Microsoft, so I assume this is the website that we get. And the forums should become more active once the B.net ones shut down and the people from over there slowly find their way here.

On Bungie.net, there used to be a post every second. And there’s the fact that this forum is very unorganized. Oh, well, we’ll see what happens after the Beta.

> On Bungie.net, there used to be a post every second. And there’s the fact that this forum is very unorganized. Oh, well, we’ll see what happens after the Beta.

No, thats because every reply on B.net is:

Cool story, br0
TL:DR
Hurr Durr
Trollolol0olololol
adapt
No.
Halo: Reach is teh best.

yeah you call 343i’s forums unorganized? Funny.

I’m not hating or anything, I just think that there should be a separate forum for each game, and sub-forums for different subjects.

> I’m not hating or anything, I just think that there should be a separate forum for each game, and sub-forums for different subjects.

There might be, we will have to wait and see what 343 has in store for us after the forum BETA ends.

I’m thankful this forum is not like B.net, it’s better because you don’t loose threads to spamming/trolls and such. Sure there are problems here but we’re headed out of the beta and that will make this place even better.

> > On Bungie.net, there used to be a post every second. And there’s the fact that this forum is very unorganized. Oh, well, we’ll see what happens after the Beta.
>
> No, thats because every reply on B.net is:
>
> Cool story, br0
> TL:DR
> Hurr Durr
> Trollolol0olololol
> adapt
> No.
> Halo: Reach is teh best.
>
> yeah you call 343i’s forums unorganized? Funny.

this is stupid/sad but true

If they did that, they’d be losing a good amount of people who already have gotten to know this website as the new halo forums. It’d be a terrible idea to risk that, and I really don’t mind that it’s an extension of the xbox site. If you don’t want to type in halo.xbox.com, just type in halowaypoint.com.

> I posted a new thread about 10 minutes ago, and it has about 5 replies right now.

5 replies in 10 minutes? Not bad. I remember when a new thread may take days to get a single reply in this forum. It has become far busier since then. I enjoy these forum quite a bit and I am sure the website address will stay relatively the same.

> > I posted a new thread about 10 minutes ago, and it has about 5 replies right now.
>
> 5 replies in 10 minutes? Not bad. I remember when a new thread may take days to get a single reply in this forum. It has become far busier since then. I enjoy these forum quite a bit and I am sure the website address will stay relatively the same.

This.
this website is bound to get busier over time as Halo 4 edges closer to launch. More people will become interested where to post their discussions and get their ideas across for Halo 4 and CEA. 343i is a relatively new developer, so not many halo fans know that they’re the new custodians to the halo franchise. Once they realize that bungie is out, several will come here instead. I think a little patience is needed.

> > > I posted a new thread about 10 minutes ago, and it has about 5 replies right now.
> >
> > 5 replies in 10 minutes? Not bad. I remember when a new thread may take days to get a single reply in this forum. It has become far busier since then. I enjoy these forum quite a bit and I am sure the website address will stay relatively the same.
>
> This.
> this website is bound to get busier over time as Halo 4 edges closer to launch. More people will become interested where to post their discussions and get their ideas across for Halo 4 and CEA. 343i is a relatively new developer, so not many halo fans know that they’re the new custodians to the halo franchise. Once they realize that bungie is out, several will come here instead. I think a little patience is needed.

Exactly. And to be honest I quite prefer quality over quantity. Not to mention our little groups feels like an extended family at this point. I can recognize so many of the names!

Yeah like Big Twinkie or was that twinkle?

> That’s just blatantly insulting to everyone here man. I want to stay here, its nice and with a couple more features it can be better than B.net
>
> Also take notice to the word in parenthesis next to where it says “Forums”

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I’m sorry, but this place is incredibly hard to use. B.net is MUCH more user-friendly, not to mention we have things like Coup and Private Groups. I’m sorry, but unless this site gets a layout like Bungie’s, it will never be nearly as good as B.net’s.

> > That’s just blatantly insulting to everyone here man. I want to stay here, its nice and with a couple more features it can be better than B.net
> >
> > Also take notice to the word in parenthesis next to where it says “Forums”
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> I’m sorry, but this place is incredibly hard to use. B.net is MUCH more user-friendly, not to mention we have things like Coup and Private Groups. I’m sorry, but unless this site gets a layout like Bungie’s, it will never be nearly as good as B.net’s.

I disagree. Bungie may have more features but so what?
I would choose this forum over Bungie’s anytime of the week, know why? Because every self centered lump of human waste resides on that site and are dedicated to offending anyone there, whereas on this site you can have an intelligent argument with one person and not feel threatened by their replies. Not that one does on Bungie.net but you get what I mean.

Bungie has features, but at the end of the day, I’d pick a site with less features and a good community over a site with features and a terrible community.

I love conversing with the people on here, the Community Leaders are doing a brilliant job and BS Angel is great. Bungie.net’s “mods” are as idiotic as the forumgoers themselves. I have lost count of how many times I have seen someone falsely banned or blacklisted for something they didn’t do, most of the time it is an honest mistake.
343 has a better community with less features, and that’s why it’s better. There’s no trolls (for the moment) and everyone on here is given a chance.

I’m sure a lot of people would agree with my reasons as to why this site is better than Bungie.

<3 Dave

EDIT:
I would also like to point out that every site is different in their own way, but I’m sure everyone knows that anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > That’s just blatantly insulting to everyone here man. I want to stay here, its nice and with a couple more features it can be better than B.net
> > >
> > > Also take notice to the word in parenthesis next to where it says “Forums”
> >
> > HAHAHAHAHAHA
> >
> > I’m sorry, but this place is incredibly hard to use. B.net is MUCH more user-friendly, not to mention we have things like Coup and Private Groups. I’m sorry, but unless this site gets a layout like Bungie’s, it will never be nearly as good as B.net’s.
>
> I disagree. Bungie may have more features but so what?
> I would choose this forum over Bungie’s anytime of the week, know why? Because every self centered lump of human waste resides on that site and are dedicated to offending anyone there, whereas on this site you can have an intelligent argument with one person and not feel threatened by their replies. Not that one does on Bungie.net but you get what I mean.
>
> Bungie has features, but at the end of the day, I’d pick a site with less features and a good community over a site with features and a terrible community.
>
> I love conversing with the people on here, the Community Leaders are doing a brilliant job and BS Angel is great. Bungie.net’s “mods” are as idiotic as the forumgoers themselves. I have lost count of how many times I have seen someone falsely banned or blacklisted for something they didn’t do, most of the time it is an honest mistake.
> 343 has a better community with less features, and that’s why it’s better. There’s no trolls (for the moment) and everyone on here is given a chance.
>
> I’m sure a lot of people would agree with my reasons as to why this site is better than Bungie.
>
> <3 Dave

I agree for the most part, but most of the time, if a person is banned, it’s not a mistake. Waypoint has a better community, but Bungie.net is easier to navigate, and everything isn’t crammed into a couple of sections.

One of the main reasons for Bungie’s amazing community was there amazing site.

These fourms are good, and in no way shape or form bad, but still nowhere near good enough.