Will there be a Halo 4 Armor Lock?

In Halo:Reach the AA “Armor Lock” was tagged as overpowered and resulted in hate being targeted towards the AA.Does anyone think there will be a AA or other element in Halo 4 that will be hated like Armor Lock? I personally am worried that Promethean Vision may cause problems? Thoughts?

EDIT:This post is not “will armor lock be in Halo 4?”

Without a doubt Promethean Vision will be a huge problem. It’s a wallhack. It cannot be balanced.

Armor lock won’t return, Promethean vision pretty much has pros and cons, the con reveals your position. ZIING

Fear not, 343i is working around the clock.

I’m not worried about any AA. PV is an advanced radar, so I doubt it will be frustrating.

> Armor lock won’t return, Promethean vision pretty much has pros and cons, the con reveals your position. ZIING
>
>
> Fear not, 343i is working around the clock.

I Know,They have my trust…

> > Armor lock won’t return, Promethean vision pretty much has pros and cons, the con reveals your position. ZIING
> >
> >
> > Fear not, 343i is working around the clock.
>
> I Know,They have my trust…

Good to see some positive attitude! :slight_smile:

From what I can see, there looks to be more of a problem of one or two underpowered AA’s. Like most of them being balanced, but there’s that one useless one…

Well, 343 have confirmed that Armor Lock won’t be in Halo 4. And I trust that 343 won’t have another Overpowered AA.

> From what I can see, there looks to be more of a problem of one or two underpowered AA’s. Like most of them being balanced, but there’s that one useless one…

coughHologramcough

> Armor lock won’t return, Promethean vision pretty much has pros and cons, the con reveals your position. ZIING
>
>
> Fear not, 343i is working around the clock.

So was Bungie lol and look at what happened. Don’t be naive…

The cons of PV are no where near it’s pros. The only cons are that you can hear someone using it and that you can see a little beam from someone’s visor. How does that hurt PV in any way? lol…

I don’t necessarily see a huge problem with most armor abilities. Sure, there can be a few AAs that will definetly work well in certain areas(Hardlight Shield in a tunnel as an example), I don’t see a problem with the current list of known AAs.

The only ones we really don’t know exactly how they work is Jetpack, Active Camo, and Auto-Sentry. I’m willing to reserve my take until they start talking about it.

> So was Bungie lol and look at what happened. Don’t be naive…
>
> The cons of PV are no where near it’s pros. The only cons are that you can hear someone using it and that you can see a little beam from someone’s visor. How does that hurt PV in any way? lol…

Don’t take the E3 and RTX vids as proof. It’s already been confirmed that PV has recieved a nerf by having the length of use decreased and the time it takes to recharge increased. On top of that, the ability has to travel to give off its location.

As to how much it did to nerf it, we don’t know.

> > Armor lock won’t return, Promethean vision pretty much has pros and cons, the con reveals your position. ZIING
> >
> >
> > Fear not, 343i is working around the clock.
>
> So was Bungie lol and look at what happened. Don’t be naive…
>
> The cons of PV are no where near it’s pros. The only cons are that you can hear someone using it and that you can see a little beam from someone’s visor. How does that hurt PV in any way? lol…

And the beam from the visor probably won’t help you at all since you’re on the other side of the wall.

> I don’t necessarily see a huge problem with most armor abilities. Sure, there can be a few AAs that will definetly work well in certain areas(Hardlight Shield in a tunnel as an example), I don’t see a problem with the current list of known AAs.
>
> The only ones we really don’t know exactly how they work is Jetpack, Active Camo, and Auto-Sentry. I’m willing to reserve my take until they start talking about it.

Whats Auto-Sentry? (Sorry If I sound Stupid)

> > I don’t necessarily see a huge problem with most armor abilities. Sure, there can be a few AAs that will definetly work well in certain areas(Hardlight Shield in a tunnel as an example), I don’t see a problem with the current list of known AAs.
> >
> > The only ones we really don’t know exactly how they work is Jetpack, Active Camo, and Auto-Sentry. I’m willing to reserve my take until they start talking about it.
>
> Whats Auto-Sentry? (Sorry If I sound Stupid)

From what the article told, it’s a small sentry that attacks people. Whether or not it moves, how much damage it can actually do, or its duration is not known at this time. :confused:

> Don’t take the E3 and RTX vids as proof. It’s already been confirmed that PV has recieved a nerf by having the length of use decreased and the time it takes to recharge increased. On top of that, the ability has to travel to give off its location.
>
> As to how much it did to nerf it, we don’t know.

That nerf really won’t help anything. It’s still a wallhack. They’d have to add cans or remove pros to make it even remotely balanced. Decreasing it’s running time won’t have any effect unless it’s decreased to 1 second. I can see all I need to with 3 seconds looking through a wall.

You know, with the amount of complaining that everyone’s doing with PV, I greatly fear that it will be nerfed into uselessness.

Forget about what’s going to be the next AL, JP is coming back and that’s MUCH worse.

Also PV is getting nerfed I don’t see it being a huge problem.

> > > I don’t necessarily see a huge problem with most armor abilities. Sure, there can be a few AAs that will definetly work well in certain areas(Hardlight Shield in a tunnel as an example), I don’t see a problem with the current list of known AAs.
> > >
> > > The only ones we really don’t know exactly how they work is Jetpack, Active Camo, and Auto-Sentry. I’m willing to reserve my take until they start talking about it.
> >
> > Whats Auto-Sentry? (Sorry If I sound Stupid)
>
> From what the article told, it’s a small sentry that attacks people. Whether or not it moves, how much damage it can actually do, or its duration is not known at this time. :confused:

*WANT

> > > I don’t necessarily see a huge problem with most armor abilities. Sure, there can be a few AAs that will definetly work well in certain areas(Hardlight Shield in a tunnel as an example), I don’t see a problem with the current list of known AAs.
> > >
> > > The only ones we really don’t know exactly how they work is Jetpack, Active Camo, and Auto-Sentry. I’m willing to reserve my take until they start talking about it.
> >
> > Whats Auto-Sentry? (Sorry If I sound Stupid)
>
> From what the article told, it’s a small sentry that attacks people. Whether or not it moves, how much damage it can actually do, or its duration is not known at this time. :confused:

Hopefully that will be campaign only. It reminds me of CoD’s Sentry Gun, which can be fooled by a couple of perks, and knocked out by a stun grenade or EMP grenade. I don’t think there is anything in Halo that acts like Blind Eye / Assassin (from MW3) so hopefully it is very vulnerable to bullets and/or does very little damage.

> > > > I don’t necessarily see a huge problem with most armor abilities. Sure, there can be a few AAs that will definetly work well in certain areas(Hardlight Shield in a tunnel as an example), I don’t see a problem with the current list of known AAs.
> > > >
> > > > The only ones we really don’t know exactly how they work is Jetpack, Active Camo, and Auto-Sentry. I’m willing to reserve my take until they start talking about it.
> > >
> > > Whats Auto-Sentry? (Sorry If I sound Stupid)
> >
> > From what the article told, it’s a small sentry that attacks people. Whether or not it moves, how much damage it can actually do, or its duration is not known at this time. :confused:
>
> Hopefully that will be campaign only. It reminds me of CoD’s Sentry Gun, which can be fooled by a couple of perks, and knocked out by a stun grenade or EMP grenade. I don’t think there is anything in Halo that acts like Blind Eye / Assassin (from MW3) so hopefully it is very vulnerable to bullets and/or does very little damage.

All the people I know who have played Halo 4 say it plays like halo,No need to worry :slight_smile: