Will the vehicle handling be the same in the anniversary?

Alright in CE the vehicle handling is horrid especially the warthog. 343i said they aren’t touching the game-play just adding terminals/achievements and beautiful graphics. I really want to replay CE in HD but the one thing i despise about CE is the vehicle handling. Its horrible plain and simple and i’m a great driver/pilot in halo2/3/Reach. So what i want to know will the the vehicle handling be tweaked just a little? What are your thoughts? Do you want the handling to be tweaked?

> Alright in CE the vehicle handling is horrid especially the warthog. 343i said they aren’t touching the game-play just adding terminals/achievements and beautiful graphics. I really want to replay CE in HD but the one thing i despise about CE is the vehicle handling. Its horrible plain and simple and i’m a great driver/pilot in halo2/3/Reach. So what i want to know will the the vehicle handling be tweaked just a little? What are your thoughts? Do you want the handling to be tweaked?

Well I think you answered your own question. “343i said they aren’t touching the game-play”. I would think that would include vehicle physics.

Why do you hate the handling in CE? It’s my favorite, I personally feel Havok changed the handling a WHOLE lot.

The whole gameplay will be just like it was in H:CE, including vehicle control and driving/flying physics. The only new gameplay elements will be skulls and those terminal-like devices.

Edit: God, I want to type “vehicle” correctly just once…

> Edit: God, I want to type “vehicle” correctly just once…

LOL, you are not alone. That one has had me stumped since 4th grade lol. I always want to spell it vechicle for some reason. O_o?

> > Edit: God, I want to type “vehicle” correctly just once…
>
> LOL, you are not alone. That one has had me stumped since 4th grade lol. I always want to spell it vechicle for some reason. O_o?

I keep mixing up the i and the c. I mean, I KNOW how it’s spelled, but my fingers seem to have a life of their own when I try to type that word…

A tip for using the Warthog in CE (that is if it really works the same), when hitting a ramp to do a jump, turn the camera a full 360 degrees and you should land on your wheels every time. Why this works I have no idea.

Also I can’t wait to have my Scorpion tank with machine gun back, I miss that thing.

Driver wakes physics. It makes sense to be splattered by a Warthog that was standing still and was flipped by a grenade, but it’s just horrible to get out of your Warthog and to be killed by mere contact with it. But changing the physics would ruin the experience for the pros (i.e. tower to tower).

I’m actually really missing the handling of the warthog in CE, so Im glad. Enhanced graphics are well, just eye-candy.

Warthog tricking on Blood Gulch in HD, Imma coming bebeh.

> Warthog tricking on Blood Gulch in HD, Imma coming bebeh.

I highly doubt Blood Gulch is going to be one of the 7 MM maps considering we have hemorage (or however you spell it).

Ω

> > Warthog tricking on Blood Gulch in HD, Imma coming bebeh.
>
> I highly doubt Blood Gulch is going to be one of the 7 MM maps considering we have hemorage (or however you spell it).
>
> Ω

Since it’s been stated multiple times that no changes other than cosmetic are being made I assume there will be local multiplayer, and thus Blood Gulch.

But I may very well have misunderstood what the folks at 343 said.

> > > Warthog tricking on Blood Gulch in HD, Imma coming bebeh.
> >
> > I highly doubt Blood Gulch is going to be one of the 7 MM maps considering we have hemorage (or however you spell it).
> >
> > Ω
>
> Since it’s been stated multiple times that no changes other than cosmetic are being made I assume there will be local multiplayer, and thus Blood Gulch.
>
> But I may very well have misunderstood what the folks at 343 said.

Blood Gulch will not be there. The MP part of HCEA will use the Reach engine. Here are a few links you might want to check out:

Halo ANN Q and A: Link

Sparkast Link

> > > > Warthog tricking on Blood Gulch in HD, Imma coming bebeh.
> > >
> > > I highly doubt Blood Gulch is going to be one of the 7 MM maps considering we have hemorage (or however you spell it).
> > >
> > > Ω
> >
> > Since it’s been stated multiple times that no changes other than cosmetic are being made I assume there will be local multiplayer, and thus Blood Gulch.
> >
> > But I may very well have misunderstood what the folks at 343 said.
>
> Blood Gulch will not be there. The MP part of HCEA will use the Reach engine. Here are a few links you might want to check out:
>
> Halo ANN Q and A: Link
>
> Sparkast Link

Ah, thanks for showing me.

I was under the impression Halo CE multiplayer would be featured in it’s original state. As for Reach being the online-multiplayer, I was well aware but I somehow thought that since no changes other than cosmetic are made to the game, I’d get a chance to play some good ol’ fashioned CE multiplayer on LAN.

> As for Reach being the online-multiplayer, I was well aware but I somehow thought that since no changes other than cosmetic are made to the game, I’d get a chance to play some good ol’ fashioned CE multiplayer on LAN.

I’m afraid not. There is a pretty big thread or two about it in the Multi-player forum section. I was happy to help sorry it was with information that might be disappointing.

> > As for Reach being the online-multiplayer, I was well aware but I somehow thought that since no changes other than cosmetic are made to the game, I’d get a chance to play some good ol’ fashioned CE multiplayer on LAN.
>
> I’m afraid not. There is a pretty big thread or two about it in the Multi-player forum section. I was happy to help sorry it was with information that might be disappointing.

There is nothing stopping me from whipping out an old copy of Halo CE on our next LAN, now is there? So things could be considerably worse. Nothing but good times ahead, and once again thanks for hitting me up with the links!

> There is nothing stopping me from whipping out an old copy of Halo CE on our next LAN, now is there? So things could be considerably worse. Nothing but good times ahead, and once again thanks for hitting me up with the links!

Well I am always glad to help. I’m glad you’re not disappointed.