Will the unique parts of CE ever return?

With H4 I was hoping some of the interesting parts of CE would make a comeback.

Pistol - It was unique. EVERY FPS pretty much ever made has rifles> pistols but CE stood out from the crowd and made the pistol the go to long range weapon.

The pistol acting as a modern rifle made sense.

>This is 500 years in the future im sure explosive based ballistic weapons act NOTHING like todays, hell 500 years ago the ancestor to the pistol were fireworks/primitive cannons,

>this is an upsized pistol for spartans to take advantage of their strength- why carry a bulky rifle when a pistol can fire the equivalent to modern 50 cal machine gun anti aircraft rounds?

>spartans are spec ops - light and fast - basically what a pistol is ideal for

Either way I wish a pistol would be a primary precision weapon again. reach did good but compared ot the DMR with bloom on it was worthless. though the 3sk anniversary would have been great if bloom was removed. No news on the pistol for H4 has been released but i have gut feeling of another H3 pistol returning or at best a H2 post patch one

Nadeing weapons/powerups
In CE you could really move weapons with grenades. It added depth and strategy.

First person in passenger on the hog
It made getting into the seat really fun and intense, nto to mention a cool place to shoot from

making headshots count more than body shots for sheilds**
In CE it was 3 to body one to head or 3 to the head to kill. It added alot of depth cuz you had to balance risk and reward.
PLasma freeze
once upon a time PRs and PPs were VERY viable to use. They were not simply spray and club AR clone weapons like they have been 2-reach. Catch someone off guard and they were frozen in horror as you melted them away or stood helpless as you introduced them to the bottomm of your weapon. Once again this was unique and interesting.
Tanks with no head cover
so the average guy is 5’9 yet a 7ft 5’ spartan fits into a tank designed for such a man with no problem? The result was that the tank became ridiculously OP 2-reach. It lowered the skill gap of the tank since you no longer had to worry about positioning and facing the rear of the tank towards the enemy for fast escapes and protection. It necessitated power weapons to kill and removed one of the most important aspects of CE…
"Off spawn I am not doomed by people who have been on the map longer. I may be at disadvantages at certain ranges/circumstances but I ALWAYS, NO MATTER THE RANGE OR WEAPON AN OPPONENT may have, STILL HAVE A FIGHTING CHANCE so long as my aim is true."

I agree that the halo CE pistol should come back or at least make it full auto

> Pistol Stuff

I like the aesthetics of using the pistol as the precision weapon as well, but too many people complained that it wasn’t “realistic” (Never mind that the game as a whole is insanely stylized, gah). At this point, it’s not happening again.

> making headshots count more than body shots for sheilds**
> In CE it was 3 to body one to head or 3 to the head to kill. It added alot of depth cuz you had to balance risk and reward.
[/quote]
False. In Halo 1, the placement of the first two shots in a pistol 3sk is irrelevant. Two to foot and one to head works just as well as three to head.

Nading weapons was awesome.

IMO i thought that the ce pistol was too over powered and made all other weapons obsolete i still loved it though

Nading weapons and power ups should really come back. It was one of those things that added loads of depth to Halo CE. But I agree on the other parts too, Halo CE had some attributes that weren’t in the later Halo games but had a positive impact on gameplay.

pft or you could just be this guy with an adorable little snub nosed 38 special.

that shot was at 200 yards, all gunfight in this game happen within 150 yards, and hese not even a agmented super soldier. there is nothing with a spartan effectively using a pistol at 100 plus meters.

I personally would prefer a rifle to be the accurate ustility weapon but hey we already have the BR and the DMR I don’t see what harm adding the good ole M6D would do.

by the way there should not ever be weapon inaccuracy, just player in accuracy.

We probably won’t get the pistol back, but that doesn’t mean Halo 4 can’t live up to what CE was in terms of balance and gameplay mechanics.

Also when it comes to nading weapons and powerups; Could you imagine it in Reach on a map like Asylum. It seems like it would be a total cluster-f*&#. If you want to be able to nade power weapons and power ups you really need proper maps.

i want the banshee with new graphics and the ability to boost. i miss being able to fly in reverse.

> IMO i thought that the ce pistol was too over powered and made all other weapons obsolete i still loved it though

sooo you would never pick up a shotty, rocket launcher, or sniper, throw grenades, use a ghost etc?

> We probably won’t get the pistol back, but that doesn’t mean Halo 4 can’t live up to what CE was in terms of balance and gameplay mechanics.
>
> Also when it comes to nading weapons and powerups; Could you imagine it in Reach on a map like Asylum. It seems like it would be a total cluster-f*&#. If you want to be able to nade power weapons and power ups you really need proper maps.

assylum has like 3 dif power weapons

the sword is =

if you nade your own sniper you would risk it flyign off map

who ever competes to get shotty?

I dont understand…

> IMO i thought that the ce pistol was too over powered and made all other weapons obsolete i still loved it though

The shotgun, plasma rifle, and plasma pistol were superior to the pistol at close-medium range. The AR was superior if you had a power weapon and camo (quick camo) and for the double melee (fastest melee of all the weapons). Needler was useless. Power weapons were always better. That is the entire sandbox, and there is only one useless weapon.

nading items on the map should definitely return, but they should not fly as far as they did in CE.