Will the Sangheli ever unite?

It is no secret that the Sangheli civil war has been caused by and outside source, to weaken them, and to ensure that they will never rise as a threat to the UNSC. But with the Arbiter leading a coalition of Sangheli that would like to see a united Sanghelios, do you think that the outside source will intervene again, or will they let them grow to become a strong ally?

There would’ve been civil war regardless if ONI intervened or not. There are a few groups that still opposed humanity after the war ended.

No.

Look at humanity for pete sake. I don;t think the Sangheli are that different in that regard.

Even if Sanghelios is united (which is actually the case by h5 i believe) there’s still other colonies and sangheili groups out there.

The crux of the problem is you can’t really extinguish a religion that’s lasted for thousands of years in a matter of months, or even a few years. Furthermore, dissolving empires tends to be a messy business, especially when said empire has a larger population than modern day earth. You’re inevitably going to get a few people vieing for power, whether they actually have different viewpoints or not.

Also if I may add to the above statement by Urbanerocket, I don’t think that “outside source” is really in any position to intervene again at the moment. Or really even give 1/2 a frak, what with the giant EMP blasting monsters and blue girl -Yoink!- thing…

> 2533274827767375;5:
> Also if I may add to the above statement by Urbanerocket, I don’t think that “outside source” is really in any position to intervene again at the moment. Or really even give 1/2 a frak, what with the giant EMP blasting monsters and blue girl -Yoink!- thing…

To be fair Domana (Domain Cortana) doesn’t really want to exterminate everything, she just wants to “look over” the organic races a.k.a. rule over them.

@OP

No, as some guy already said above, look at humanity both in RL and in canon.

From my understanding Sangheilios is united at the end of 5. With Jul M’dama’s death the ‘Storm Covenant’ (cos remnant is too broad) fell apart the only surviving strongholds that were fanatical to the end was Sunaion which fell in 5. As for the other factions they’ve never come close to the firepower that the storm covenant mustered. Sali Nyon’s ‘covenant’ is practically dead and all others either died or turned into mercenaries

> 2533274936927904;7:
> From my understanding Sangheilios is united at the end of 5. With Jul M’dama’s death the ‘Storm Covenant’ (cos remnant is too broad) fell apart the only surviving strongholds that were fanatical to the end was Sunaion which fell in 5. As for the other factions they’ve never come close to the firepower that the storm covenant mustered. Sali Nyon’s ‘covenant’ is practically dead and all others either died or turned into mercenaries

And now the Created have come along…the Sangheili, like the humans, have a common enemy.

Don’t get too warm to the idea of a united species. Not happening. Humanity is a fantastic example. Then we have the examples of the jackels , brutes, and prophets.

outside source? The others fight for the covenant and its forerunner based religion and others fight them to prevent those elites to activate anything that could be lethal to entire species or in other way harmful.
so id say that it could take longer than the humanity to unite in Halo universe.

“This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded. This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded.”

I think it would be very difficult for them to join because many sangheilis continue to believe in the forerruners and “The Great Journey”, different beliefs.