Will the magnum be nerfed?

Since now that almost everyone uses their magnum and rarely someone picks up the BR or DMR on any arena map or Warzone, will the magnum be nerfed? With this I’m not saying that I want it to be nerfed, I love the magnum but I’m truly afraid they nerf it because it’s become the predominant weapon in the game now. And that was the reason why the BR was nerfed.

I hope they don’t. I think the magnum should be a pretty powerful sidearm. Sure it’s not quite as powerful as the CE pistol, but it should be able to be armor piercing and with good range.

This is definitely a problem, but the weapon balance is so delicate now I think that any “fixes” will do more harm than good. I think we should just leave this imperfection as it is and move on. Personally, I was never a fan of the weapon changes.

Just because it’s not as powerful as the Halo: CE pistol doesn’t mean it’s balanced, it drops enemies far too quickly. In Reach you really had to pace your shots carefully and even then you could barely use one mag to kill 1 person.

Hope not , nerfing weapons in general just makes you feel less of a kick -Yoink- spartan!!! The balancing of the game they wanted feels worse to me in general. Now it’s just the magnum game as there’s absolutely no reason to pick up the br . Why on earth they want to make a big deal out of the gunfighter magnum I will never ever know . That gun sucks .

I personally think if they tried to nerf the magnum it would be the final nail in the coffin. I know that may sound harsh but remember the issue started with the AR. And look what we got now! I think 343 way over thought this whole weapon tune and destroyed what was once a decent sandbox. Sure did it have its flaws yes! But I think this all could have been brought more into prospective by just lightly adjusting the range of certain weapons. What they did was unthinkable and gutted the whole sandbox. I honestly laugh at what they did to this game. One thing they cant get from data and that is Halo was competitive on its own. Making a precision weapon have random bullet spread just shows you they are completely out of touch with what they are even doing themselves. I totally will be sick if there fix for this whole mess is nerf the magnum. But I almost bet that is what they will try to do. So sad…

It don’t think it’ll matter since they plan to replace the normal magnum with the gun fighter mag in ranked.

> 2533274795501334;6:
> I personally think if they tried to nerf the magnum it would be the final nail in the coffin. I know that may sound harsh but remember the issue started with the AR. And look what we got now! I think 343 way over thought this whole weapon tune and destroyed what was once a decent sandbox. Sure did it have its flaws yes! But I think this all could have been brought more into prospective by just lightly adjusting the range of certain weapons. What they did was unthinkable and gutted the whole sandbox. I honestly laugh at what they did to this game. One thing they cant get from data and that is Halo was competitive on its own. Making a precision weapon have random bullet spread just shows you they are completely out of touch with what they are even doing themselves. I totally will be sick if there fix for this whole mess is nerf the magnum. But I almost bet that is what they will try to do. So sad…

COuldnt agree more

If they nerf the magnum, that’ll probaly create more inbalanced weapons. Just keep it the way it is.

I swear if the Magnum gets nerfed, I’ll probably switch to my fists rather than using guns from that point.

If the magnum gets nerfed, I truely believe that will be the end of Halo 5. I really hope this doesn’t happen, the magnum is all we have worth using now.

wouldnt surprise me

it can’t be nerfed because all H5 was build around this magnum… but i don’t like it…

i prefer BR start and no thruster pack…

> 2533274907965798;4:
> Just because it’s not as powerful as the Halo: CE pistol doesn’t mean it’s balanced, it drops enemies far too quickly. In Reach you really had to pace your shots carefully and even then you could barely use one mag to kill 1 person.

Just because it takes a week to kill someone with it doesn’t make it balanced either.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

hopefully not

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.</mark>

You know, it had a couple balancing issues but I had fun with the weapons in halo 5 pre-patch I kinda hate 343 for fückîng up the weapons so badly this late into the game. Fùkk you 343

> 2535437652903765;14:
> > 2533274907965798;4:
> > Just because it’s not as powerful as the Halo: CE pistol doesn’t mean it’s balanced, it drops enemies far too quickly. In Reach you really had to pace your shots carefully and even then you could barely use one mag to kill 1 person.
>
> Just because it takes a week to kill someone with it doesn’t make it balanced either.

At close range it kills you yesterday.

The link shows the range of the magnum in units.
The magnum has a further range than the BR or many of the rifles. It’s just right under the DMR in range by 1 unit. This to me is a problem. Rifles are intended to be for medium to long range encounters While a magnum pistol is used for close encounters and as a backup weapon. I’m not to sure if they will fix this or not, but to me the regular magnum should be a pickup on the map. Give us the gunfighter magnum as a secondary weapon or decrease the range of the magnum to under the Rifles. According to the graph the gunfighter is 7 units. The magnum should be 8 units with the scope. This seems to me to be the best solution.

Luke TheNotable makes some excellent points in that video as well. That’s just my opinion anyways.

Nerfing the magnum would really push a lot of players out the door. I’d probably join them. The br existing in halo sorta complicates the sandbox. So the elephant in the room question is almost like…

When you have 1 weapon that’s affecting the balance out of the entire game… what do you do?
In older titles, br starts happened. I really don’t want that to happen again. Not just for the sake of it existing and causing everything to feel out of wack. Pre weapon tune things weren’t too bad… but the br is just such a tricky weapon to be in the game.

Old halos br was so much better than slayer starts. Meaning slayer starts sucked

New slayers slayer starts are designed much better this time around, making the br less OP, but apparently still too good. So the nerf happened…now we’re here… Idk. Its just such a slippery slope.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

> 2535429593088083;10:
> I swear if the Magnum gets nerfed, I’ll probably switch to my fists rather than using guns from that point.

I’ll just go get CoD WW2 and play that. If they “nerf” the magnum, they’re idiots.