Will the Janus Key be a major plot device?

I think a lot of us are forgetting that at the end of Halo 4 Spartan Ops we got treated to an interesting forerunner artifact Halsey was given simply known as the Janus Key.

To give a quick recap:

The Janus Key is a device containing a complete catalogue of every piece of Forerunner technology in the entire Milky Way Galaxy.
The Janus Key was created to track and offer real-time locations for every piece of Forerunner technology within the Forerunner’s technological empire (as far as Halo canon extends, it stands to be only within the Milky Way Galaxy).

It was first introduced in the Librarians Gift where the Librarian trusted Dr. Halsey with the two halves of the Janus Key to keep out of Jul Mdama’s hands as well as the fact that she mentions Requiem’s end was coming. However after Halsey gains the key Jul takes half of it thinking it was the full thing before Spartan Palmer and Fireteam Majestic arrive. Halsey passes half the key to Thorne before she is shot and taken by Jul.

Now half the Janus key is aboard the Infinity where the bumbling Glassman doesn’t get what it is while the other half is with Jul and Halsey.

So from what things are looking like now it seems the Janus Key might have some importance in Halo 5. What if perhaps Chief steals the half infinity has and the one jul has and uses it to find whatever he’s looking for? Or what if Locke comes across it in his rescue with Halsey and uses it to track down Chief. Now even though Spartan Ops wasn’t exactly popular it is still part of lore and so is the Janus Key. So what do you guys think?

Look here to read more Janus Key | Halo Alpha | Fandom

Hmm doubtful, sounds more like they will wrap that up with Escalation. Kind of wish they would have continued spartan ops either in Halo 4 or Halo 5.

Right now in Escalation, the Janus Key has led both Jul’s faction and the UNSC to the Absolute Record. The Absolute Record’s Contender-Class monitor is going to test Halsey and members of the UNSC as to who is the rightful custodian of the Absolute Record. Jul nearly fell into a precipice but is holding on for dear life.

> 2533274840469109;4:
> Right now in Escalation, the Janus Key has led both Jul’s faction and the UNSC to the Absolute Record. The Absolute Record’s Contender-Class monitor is going to test Halsey and members of the UNSC as to who is the rightful custodian of the Absolute Record. Jul nearly fell into a precipice but is holding on for dear life.

But then what. What will they do then?

> 2533274858572140;5:
> > 2533274840469109;4:
> > Right now in Escalation, the Janus Key has led both Jul’s faction and the UNSC to the Absolute Record. The Absolute Record’s Contender-Class monitor is going to test Halsey and members of the UNSC as to who is the rightful custodian of the Absolute Record. Jul nearly fell into a precipice but is holding on for dear life.
>
>
> But then what. What will they do then?

Then they’ll start a rock band.

I think it will be an indirect reference/explanation for all the new toys were going to be seeing

> 2533274858572140;5:
> > 2533274840469109;4:
> > Right now in Escalation, the Janus Key has led both Jul’s faction and the UNSC to the Absolute Record. The Absolute Record’s Contender-Class monitor is going to test Halsey and members of the UNSC as to who is the rightful custodian of the Absolute Record. Jul nearly fell into a precipice but is holding on for dear life.
>
>
> But then what. What will they do then?

We’ll find by November 25th.It seems Halsey will turn on Jul if you’ve seen the opening cinematic.

Outlook not so good. I don’t think a majority of players even played Spartan Ops so they’d probably be completely lost if it just made an appearance here.

> 2533274830513360;6:
> > 2533274858572140;5:
> > > 2533274840469109;4:
> > > Right now in Escalation, the Janus Key has led both Jul’s faction and the UNSC to the Absolute Record. The Absolute Record’s Contender-Class monitor is going to test Halsey and members of the UNSC as to who is the rightful custodian of the Absolute Record. Jul nearly fell into a precipice but is holding on for dear life.
> >
> >
> > But then what. What will they do then?
>
>
> Then they’ll start a rock band.

Origins of the Fist of the Unicorns confirmed

I have a most dreadful feeling that the Absolute Record will be destroyed at the end of Escalation. I feel that if one side got the promised “access to every Forerunner artifact in existence,” we wouldn’t be seeing Jul’s Covenant collapsing nor would we be seeing the UNSC seemingly unchanged in power.

Then again, it’s just how blowing up important Forerunner artifacts to save the day is a trend in Halo.

> 2533274830513360;6:
> > 2533274858572140;5:
> > > 2533274840469109;4:
> > > Right now in Escalation, the Janus Key has led both Jul’s faction and the UNSC to the Absolute Record. The Absolute Record’s Contender-Class monitor is going to test Halsey and members of the UNSC as to who is the rightful custodian of the Absolute Record. Jul nearly fell into a precipice but is holding on for dear life.
> >
> >
> > But then what. What will they do then?
>
>
> Then they’ll start a rock band.

–Boom HaloSwallower.

Doubtful. Apparently Escalation is the place to go in order to actually end the plot a game sets up (Didact in H4). So more than likely we won’t see the Absolute Record story arc end in Guardians.

> 2533274876631466;11:
> I have a most dreadful feeling that the Absolute Record will be destroyed at the end of Escalation. I feel that if one side got the promised “access to every Forerunner artifact in existence,” we wouldn’t be seeing Jul’s Covenant collapsing nor would we be seeing the UNSC seemingly unchanged in power.
>
> Then again, it’s just how blowing up important Forerunner artifacts to save the day is a trend in Halo.

While I agree it’ll probably explode, either side gaining access to it wouldn’t revolutionize their power over night. They’d still have to process all the data and fget to all the stuff.

Get to stuff like…guardians.

The Janus Key most likely has something to do with the Guardians awakening and destroying colonies. Or maybe location of Mendicant Bias?

> 2533274844258015;15:
> The Janus Key most likely has something to do with the Guardians awakening and destroying colonies. Or maybe location of Mendicant Bias?

Good point. Didn’t think about that. The Janus key instating the next part of the Librarian’s plan at the absolute record could be how they tie it into H5 without neccesarily needing to go into all the details of Escalation.

For more information watch the video

> 2533274936843840;17:
> For more information watch the video
>
> Halo Escalation 21 - YouTube

The story continues in halo escalation

> 2533274876631466;11:
> I have a most dreadful feeling that the Absolute Record will be destroyed at the end of Escalation. I feel that if one side got the promised “access to every Forerunner artifact in existence,” we wouldn’t be seeing Jul’s Covenant collapsing nor would we be seeing the UNSC seemingly unchanged in power.
>
> Then again, it’s just how blowing up important Forerunner artifacts to save the day is a trend in Halo.

Jul’s covenant is already collapsing it seems.

> 2533274936843840;18:
> > 2533274936843840;17:
> > For more information watch the video
> >
> > Halo Escalation 21 - YouTube
>
>
> The story continues in halo escalation

But they should at least shed some light on it in the campaign.