Will the Economy and resources work differently?!?

Halo Wars 2: Will the Economy and resource gathering and such be different than it was in Halo wars 1? If it is, how do you think it would be different?

My idea is what if you had to bring back resources back to your base in order to earn those resources instead of just earning them right when you find them and collect them.

> 2533274813927541;1:
> Halo Wars 2: Will the Economy and resource gathering and such be different than it was in Halo wars 1? If it is, how do you think it would be different?
>
> My idea is what if you had to bring back resources back to your base in order to earn those resources instead of just earning them right when you find them and collect them.

I like that idea. I also like the idea of there being specific positions on the battlefield that would supply you with extra resources, ensuring even a Halo RTS utilizes map control. Personally, I’d actually like the metagame to work a bit more like a Total War game now that CA’s at the helm, but they’ve straight up said they won’t do that it.

> 2535421619942348;2:
> > 2533274813927541;1:
> > Halo Wars 2: Will the Economy and resource gathering and such be different than it was in Halo wars 1? If it is, how do you think it would be different?
> >
> > My idea is what if you had to bring back resources back to your base in order to earn those resources instead of just earning them right when you find them and collect them.
>
>
> I like that idea. I also like the idea of there being specific positions on the battlefield that would supply you with extra resources, ensuring even a Halo RTS utilizes map control. Personally, I’d actually like the metagame to work a bit more
>
>
> > 2535421619942348;2:
> > > 2533274813927541;1:
> > > Halo Wars 2: Will the Economy and resource gathering and such be different than it was in Halo wars 1? If it is, how do you think it would be different?
> > >
> > > My idea is what if you had to bring back resources back to your base in order to earn those resources instead of just earning them right when you find them and collect them.
> >
> >
> > I like that idea. I also like the idea of there being specific positions on the battlefield that would supply you with extra resources, ensuring even a Halo RTS utilizes map control. Personally, I’d actually like the metagame to work a bit more like a Total War game now that CA’s at the helm, but they’ve straight up said they won’t do that it.
>
> I actually didn’t know they said Halo Wars 2 isn’t going to be like total war. That sucks but I still think Halo wars 2 is in good hands.

> 2533274813927541;3:
> I actually didn’t know they said Halo Wars 2 isn’t going to be like total war. That sucks but I still think Halo wars 2 is in good hands.

Agreed. I think Wars could have used a facelift like that. Sigh

I think you could use a face lift…

For anyone wanting Halo Wars 2 to be like a Total War title…
Why change the entire premise of a series? Why change the mechanics and elements that set that game apart from the other mediocre Xbox RTS’s, and what made it successful. That is what game Halo Wars its identity. It makes zero -Yoinking!- sense. That’s like changing Halo 5 into sidescrolling platformer. It could use a facelift … right

> 2533274809541057;5:
> I think you could use a face lift…
>
> For anyone wanting Halo Wars 2 to be like a Total War title…
> Why change the entire premise of a series? Why change the mechanics and elements that set that game apart from the other mediocre Xbox RTS’s, and what made it successful. That is what game Halo Wars its identity. It makes zero -Yoinking!- sense. That’s like changing Halo 5 into sidescrolling platformer. It could use a facelift … right

Because I share your sentiment.

> As for longing for proper sequels… Yeah I know what that’s like. I’ve only been waiting on Halo Wars 2 since forever. A game that I LOVED, but will also be the first to admit that it had its flaws, and many of them, and desperately needs some changes in its newer installment.

So when did you become an Anti-Sprinter? Didn’t you support Halo 5 changing a much more popular, established and proven formula before the game released? Where did that idea go?

Needless to say, I’m going to need to see an example of how my changes will make Halo Wars more similar to any Xbox RTS, and how they would detract from what 2009’s critics (and players like myself, who were strategy fans before they were Halo fans) already considered the worst parts of the game. What identity in Wars needs to be preserved, and what needs to be chucked? Be specific. You’re in the Purist camp now, after all.

> 2533274813927541;1:
> Halo Wars 2: Will the Economy and resource gathering and such be different than it was in Halo wars 1? If it is, how do you think it would be different?
>
> My idea is what if you had to bring back resources back to your base in order to earn those resources instead of just earning them right when you find them and collect them.

They will probably change the resource collection/economy since they are changing the company designing the game, and it used to be a good strategy game creator.

> 2533274813927541;1:
>

That’s not a bad idea. I was going to say it’s fine the way it is, but that idea could make a match more interesting. Good call.

In my opinion, all that halo wars 2 needs compared to the original is more base building freedom, more units, better graphics, and better team customization. The change to the economy and resource gathering would be a nice touch though.

Not sure… So long as its fun I’m fine with it.