Will the classic weapons return?

Please bring them back!

> 2535457616126152;1:
> Please bring them back!

Well its not looking so good for the classic magnum and classic shotgun as it has already been confirmed to not be in infinite as of right now. What we do know however is that the classic halo 2 battle rifle is back in the game…but sadly as of the japanese Halo Infinite store page it is also gonna have a battle royale so…

I’m sure they will eventually.

In some sort of Throwback REQ pack, probably.

> 2535457616126152;1:
> Please bring them back!

They 1000% need to be brought back.

My guess is that they will come back in a social and/or warzone type format but not in the ranked playlist or campaign mode.

Of course they will return - cause if the game lacks in content or else, they just threw the old nostalgic stuff which should be in the game from release on into the game

watch them return as a reward in the battlepass…

Im currently counting 3 weapons that are returning from halo CE, and i imagine there will be 4 of them…
Assualt rifle , plasma pistol, needler… and i hope the sniper rifle lol
Weapons that we likely wont be getting from halo CE:
Classical Magnum, shotgun, rocketlauncher, plasma rifle
Does that mean we will be missing half of the classic weapon sandbox?
Magnum is replaced by new pistol
Shotgun is replaced by new shotgun
Rocket launcher Likely might be replaced by the new rocket launcher
and plasma rifle Likely replaced by this uhhh forgot its name

Im assuming they did this so that the sandbox doesnt get muddied and every weapon functions uniquely.
Kinda why the “mauler” is not so much a shotgun anymore… and now more like a classical magnum… which is probably why they removed the magnum
And why the plasma uhh ill have to look up its name… functions kind of inbetween an plasma rifle and covanant carbine… rather than filling the traditional “covanant assualt rifle”

Still not sure why they replaced the shotgun thou…
Maybe just to have reload faster? maybe

i think the classic sandbox is a great base and should be tweaked and expanded, not replaced (except for extremly flawed weapons, which luckily are not realy present)

I don’t care about “classic” weapons, I just want the new one’s to suck less. I’m actually would be quite fine with dumping many beloved designs just clear out some room in Halo’s bloated sandbox.

From what I’ve seen so far of Infinite’s sandbox it doesn’t really seem like much has changed so I don’t know why they bothered radically changing the designs anyways.

Just seems like 343 is just going to end up selling classic skins back to us and pretend like they are doing us a favor.

> 2535455901528769;2:
> > 2535457616126152;1:
> > Please bring them back!
>
> Well its not looking so good for the classic magnum and classic shotgun as it has already been confirmed to not be in infinite as of right now. What we do know however is that the classic halo 2 battle rifle is back in the game…but sadly as of the japanese Halo Infinite store page it is also gonna have a battle royale so…

I thought 343 said the Battle Royale was a poor translation. They’ve said in the past that there won’t be BR, but that you could build one in Forge.

Its gonna be a Rocket Launcher H5 situation all over again.

> 2533274795284844;12:
> > 2535455901528769;2:
> > > 2535457616126152;1:
> > > Please bring them back!
> >
> > Well its not looking so good for the classic magnum and classic shotgun as it has already been confirmed to not be in infinite as of right now. What we do know however is that the classic halo 2 battle rifle is back in the game…but sadly as of the japanese Halo Infinite store page it is also gonna have a battle royale so…
>
> I thought 343 said the Battle Royale was a poor translation. They’ve said in the past that there won’t be BR, but that you could build one in Forge.

Bonnie Ross said a while back in an interview “Whatever we do needs to be the right thing for Halo. Whether or not you call it a battle royale or how we’re thinking about things going forward, the team thinks about, ‘this needs to be right for Halo’.” among other similar statements. so “the only BR we want is the battle rifle” was basically redacted.