will spartan abilities make more creative campers?

i was just thinking, i love creativity, one of the reasons i love battlefield is using the sandbox to your advantage, i had this strategy where i would place AT mines in a heavily infantry focus area, and get my smaw, and when a group of enemies came past, i would shoot the smaw at the AT mines and have the explosive capacity to take out the squad in bf3, similar to my strategy of getting in a transport chopper and flying down and a teammate dropping c4 onto a tank, then flying away and blowing it sky high.

see my trend? i can just see people crouching behind corners with their fingers itching to press the spartan charge button, or sitting on a ledge ready to ground pound etc. i personally haven’t played the beta, so i don’t really know the recharge times etc. but it is a possibility, im sure we have all waited patiently behind a corner with our shotgun/sword ready. i had our sniper scope aimed down a corridor waiting for a victim.

Short thread i was just thinking out loud if you get what i mean. as my friends say, i don’t even english, i just internet.

Much as I hate SAs, no they won’t. You have to be mobile for most of them. Spartan charge only works at top sprint speed for example.

> 2533274913936758;2:
> Much as I hate SAs, no they won’t. You have to be mobile for most of them. Spartan charge only works at top sprint speed for example.

i guess they could give themselves a run up to the corner… as i said i haven’t played the beta so i don’t know these things.

> 2533274913936758;2:
> Much as I hate SAs, no they won’t. You have to be mobile for most of them. Spartan charge only works at top sprint speed for example.

Right. Otherwise it’s just a melee.

If you haven’t seen, the shotgun has a flashlight on it that’s always on. It’ll be a pretty good indicator of a camper when you see a beam of light moving about in a corner.

They feel counter-camping.

Camping isn’t huge when it comes to Halo
If you find someone camping odds are you can kill them just as easily as they can kill you
Unless they got a power weapon I don’t think camping will be a thing in Halo 5
Campers are in all the other FPS games, they stay out of halo.

I don’t think it’d be great for camping, but spartan charge does have a lot of push behind it. You could easily send vehicles over cliffs with it, if you were hiding in the right spot with a good run up.

I think H5 arena is going to be a campfest. Just my opinion.

> 2533274812471748;8:
> I think H5 arena is going to be a campfest. Just my opinion.

Maybe at the silver level but even then I doubt it. At semi-pro and higher where I played the beta it was mostly about map control not camping. What exactly makes you think it’ll be campy?

I dont see how, if I get surprised around a corner, I can now side-step by thrusting then BLAM them in face with my shotgun.

> 2533274913936758;9:
> > 2533274812471748;8:
> > I think H5 arena is going to be a campfest. Just my opinion.
>
>
> Maybe at the silver level but even then I doubt it. At semi-pro and higher where I played the beta it was mostly about map control not camping. What exactly makes you think it’ll be campy?

Ditto.

Yeah, I think the whole point of a new suite of motion mechanics is to stop camping. God forbid we all play the game the way we want to play the game. Better we should play it the way the man wants us to play.

> 2533274913936758;9:
> > 2533274812471748;8:
> > I think H5 arena is going to be a campfest. Just my opinion.
>
>
> Maybe at the silver level but even then I doubt it. At semi-pro and higher where I played the beta it was mostly about map control not camping. What exactly makes you think it’ll be campy?

Sprint, GP, clamber… A lot of tools for defensive players. I played the beta too, gold/onyx level, saw camping room a lot.

> 2533274846483350;6:
> Camping isn’t huge when it comes to Halo
> If you find someone camping odds are you can kill them just as easily as they can kill you
> Unless they got a power weapon I don’t think camping will be a thing in Halo 5
> Campers are in all the other FPS games, they stay out of halo.

Actually, Halo resolves around “camping” which is controlling a zone and their power weapons such as swords/rockets and shotguns, one hit kill.

M Kk yes

> 2533274812471748;13:
> > 2533274913936758;9:
> > > 2533274812471748;8:
> > > I think H5 arena is going to be a campfest. Just my opinion.
> >
> >
> > Maybe at the silver level but even then I doubt it. At semi-pro and higher where I played the beta it was mostly about map control not camping. What exactly makes you think it’ll be campy?
>
>
> Sprint, GP, clamber… A lot of tools for defensive players. I played the beta too, gold/onyx level, saw camping room a lot.

I saw youtube videos of people running into rooms, another guy following and them turning round and ground pounding them… This could be the same for charge. I also think thrusters would be used as map control, remember sword base in reach, a player with a shotgun can easily control lift room then thrust onto the stair exit. And then back again to the bridge/lift room.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> > 2533274913936758;2:
> > Much as I hate SAs, no they won’t. You have to be mobile for most of them. Spartan charge only works at top sprint speed for example.
>
>
> Right. Otherwise it’s just a melee.
>
> If you haven’t seen, the shotgun has a flashlight on it that’s always on. It’ll be a pretty good indicator of a camper when you see a beam of light moving about in a corner.

dude, a counter to that would be have secondry out, when the enemy turns corner pull shotty out… Not hard.

I was semi-pro in all the gamemodes in the beta and believe me camping will not work unless you have a power weapon, when I came across campers they would be absolutely devastated by grenades, and the power weapons, because most likely when you are camping you are not going for the power weapons

> 2533274927141670;15:
> M Kk yes
>
>
> > 2533274812471748;13:
> > > 2533274913936758;9:
> > > > 2533274812471748;8:
> > > > I think H5 arena is going to be a campfest. Just my opinion.
> > >
> > >
> > > Maybe at the silver level but even then I doubt it. At semi-pro and higher where I played the beta it was mostly about map control not camping. What exactly makes you think it’ll be campy?
> >
> >
> > Sprint, GP, clamber… A lot of tools for defensive players. I played the beta too, gold/onyx level, saw camping room a lot.
>
>
> I saw youtube videos of people running into rooms, another guy following and them turning round and ground pounding them… This could be the same for charge. I also think thrusters would be used as map control, remember sword base in reach, a player with a shotgun can easily control lift room then thrust onto the stair exit. And then back again to the bridge/lift room.

If you didn’t actually play the beta then you don’t actually know how it plays. A youtube clip of a camper doesn’t mean Halo 5 is a campfest. Because I can assure you, campers died horrible and embarrassing deaths when I faced them. Grenades in particular completely destroy campers since they had so much damage in beta. Ground pounding in particular was almost nonexistant. I think I got GP’d twice in like 200 games.

> 2533274913936758;18:
> > 2533274927141670;15:
> > M Kk yes
> >
> >
> > > 2533274812471748;13:
> > > > 2533274913936758;9:
> > > > > 2533274812471748;8:
> > > > > I think H5 arena is going to be a campfest. Just my opinion.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Maybe at the silver level but even then I doubt it. At semi-pro and higher where I played the beta it was mostly about map control not camping. What exactly makes you think it’ll be campy?
> > >
> > >
> > > Sprint, GP, clamber… A lot of tools for defensive players. I played the beta too, gold/onyx level, saw camping room a lot.
> >
> >
> > I saw youtube videos of people running into rooms, another guy following and them turning round and ground pounding them… This could be the same for charge. I also think thrusters would be used as map control, remember sword base in reach, a player with a shotgun can easily control lift room then thrust onto the stair exit. And then back again to the bridge/lift room.
>
>
> If you didn’t actually play the beta then you don’t actually know how it plays. A youtube clip of a camper doesn’t mean Halo 5 is a campfest. Because I can assure you, campers died horrible and embarrassing deaths when I faced them. Grenades in particular completely destroy campers since they had so much damage in beta. Ground pounding in particular was almost nonexistant. I think I got GP’d twice in like 200 games.

I don’t disagree with you here but I think it might be best to point out that other maps may present better moments to use it. As for the beta, yeah, it was pretty nonexistent. Truth and Empire didn’t present too many opportunities for it, especially Truth.

Give it time and more maps and we’ll definitely be seeing it happen more often.

> 2533274833600810;19:
> > 2533274913936758;18:
> > > 2533274927141670;15:
> > > M Kk yes
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274812471748;13:
> > > > > 2533274913936758;9:
> > > > > > 2533274812471748;8:
> > > > > > I think H5 arena is going to be a campfest. Just my opinion.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Maybe at the silver level but even then I doubt it. At semi-pro and higher where I played the beta it was mostly about map control not camping. What exactly makes you think it’ll be campy?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Sprint, GP, clamber… A lot of tools for defensive players. I played the beta too, gold/onyx level, saw camping room a lot.
> > >
> > >
> > > I saw youtube videos of people running into rooms, another guy following and them turning round and ground pounding them… This could be the same for charge. I also think thrusters would be used as map control, remember sword base in reach, a player with a shotgun can easily control lift room then thrust onto the stair exit. And then back again to the bridge/lift room.
> >
> >
> > If you didn’t actually play the beta then you don’t actually know how it plays. A youtube clip of a camper doesn’t mean Halo 5 is a campfest. Because I can assure you, campers died horrible and embarrassing deaths when I faced them. Grenades in particular completely destroy campers since they had so much damage in beta. Ground pounding in particular was almost nonexistant. I think I got GP’d twice in like 200 games.
>
>
> I don’t disagree with you here but I think it might be best to point out that other maps may present better moments to use it. As for the beta, yeah, it was pretty nonexistent. Truth and Empire didn’t present too many opportunities for it, especially Truth.
>
> Give it time and more maps and we’ll definitely be seeing it happen more often.

I think the biggest problem with GP is that it’s pretty much never the best option in a fight. You need to have a significant high ground advantage. You typically need to be undetected to hover long enough to land it without dying in mid-air. If you are above an unsuspecting enemy, you’d be just as well off, if not far better off just assassinating him, or emptying your AR into him, or 4 shotting him from behind, or dropping down on him with a shotgun, or any number of superior tactics. GP forces you to give up your high ground, makes you vulnerable while in the air, is basically auto-death if you miss and is really only effective at killing a single target that doesn’t try to evade at all.

All this adds up to GP being bad in general. I don’t think the maps will make much difference.