Will S8 Seasonal challenges remain permanently?

Since S8 is the last major season, will the seasonal challenges remain permanently there? I have 2 opinions on this: “Of course they will, there’s nothing to replace them.” & " no they wont, they are timed challenges after all". If 2 happens I hope to see seasonal challenges from past seasons come back in a kinda monthly rotation but the ones you’ve completed stay completed.

343 has said they will be around for a limited amount of time. Today will be week 4 of this season. At the very least there should be another 4 or 5 weeks to finish them up.

I am actually done all of them except for headshot br kills (85%) and spree medals (70%). They aren’t bad if you chip away at them each week. I try to split them up over 5 weeks to get them done early.

I have a problem I did them all in like the first week and a half

I personally would like to see them end in 4 to 8 weeks (would give them a total life time to 2-3 months, to put them on par with all of the other seasons) and then be replaced with “generic” seasonal challenges, that then change every 2 - 3 months. I wouldn’t want old seasonal challenges to come back if I’d already completed them (assuming I couldn’t complete them a second time) as I want all the XP I can get.

I’d want challenges going forwards just to be as “hard” as the current seasonal challenges, but not have any particular theme (for example, in the Season 7, most of the challenges were Elite-themed). I’d wanna see things that will keep us wanting to play the game (from “time-consuming” challenges, to playing the games in new ways) - thing’s like “Play 100 games of multiplayer” to “Complete the Legendary Master Chief Saga playlist” to “Complete the last level of Halo 3 in a Chopper” to “Finish X levels without jumping” and random, but fun things like that.

> 2535414743470015;1:
> Since S8 is the last major season, will the seasonal challenges remain permanently there? I have 2 opinions on this: “Of course they will, there’s nothing to replace them.” & " no they wont, they are timed challenges after all". If 2 happens I hope to see seasonal challenges from past seasons come back in a kinda monthly rotation but the ones you’ve completed stay completed.

I think they should just whack the seasonal challenge section after they’ve been up for a minute, or when they normally would go away. Then just bring back some of the old ones, one at a time or so for a month period.

If they do end I’d like to see seasonal challenges replaced with Monthly challenges

> 2533274817397814;2:
> 343 has said they will be around for a limited amount of time. Today will be week 4 of this season. At the very least there should be another 4 or 5 weeks to finish them up.
>
> I am actually done all of them except for headshot br kills (85%) and spree medals (70%). They aren’t bad if you chip away at them each week. I try to split them up over 5 weeks to get them done early.

Did you get the red and white shield for lamentable challenge?? I finished it and don’t see the shield anywhere! I figured it was a back accessory for Halo 3 but it doesn’t actually say and I can’t find it in my unlocks, I’m very confused.