Will REQs be in Infinite??

Title.

Extra: I, personally, enjoyed the REQ system, all the armor, retextured/skinned legendaries, and the fact of if you played enough you could earn everything ,basically, it really gave me a reason to play. Spent maybe $30 on packs throughout my 1k hours (most of that was from the guaranteed legendary REQ events) and still had a TON of really good stuff. It also made super fiesta a BLAST I was borderline addicted to super fiesta

An unpopular opinion: Halo 5 wasn’t that bad of a game. Might be the Gen Z in me, but I had a ton of fun with H5 when I was still on xbox and look forward to a PC port maybe-hopefully

No one knows for sure at this point. I guess after today we’ll get more information slowly about the game.
If I had to guess, I’d say no REQS won’t make a return.
Guess we’ll see soon enough

343 and Microsoft said there would be no loot boxes or similar mechanics in Infinite, so if Reqs do come back they won’t be randomized like they were in Halo 5.

That said, I’d be fine with Reqs coming back, as long as they’re not randomized and I know what I’m getting.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> No one knows for sure at this point. I guess after today we’ll get more information slowly about the game.
> If I had to guess, I’d say no REQS won’t make a return.
> Guess we’ll see soon enough

Like what TheDon said, we should know, hopefully, by the end of the day however the industry has recieved a lot of hate in regards to microtransactions and Halo had it’s fair share of criticism too.

I don’t think they’ll return as they garnered a lot of backlash from the Halo community and the whole loot box trend is slowly fading out but, who knows :man_shrugging:

343 said a couple years ago that Infinite will not feature paid lootboxes. So if req packs do return, you won’t be able to buy them with real money. That said, they also confirmed that Infinite will be monetized in some fashion.

Why don’t they add reqs but only if its open world and you can “call in” ordinance to fight the Banished

I expect there will be some sort of “Season Pass” system, similar to what you see in most games now. What they’re doing in the MCC currently I would call somewhat of a “Beta” for what they’re going to do in Infinite. Whether it’s “REQ” related or not, who knows - but Halo seems to go with whatever is popular at the moment when it comes to DLC.

I have put 2 days in arena modes and 58 days in warzone and I only paid for 2 $9 AuD req packs and this was when I was already gold pack completed. Buying requisition packs does not advantage you at all and at worse it disadvantages you by changing your queue priority for match making to against people with the same requisitions but higher SR level.
Match making has always been based on requisition and not SR level. A team of 12 SR level 1 who bought the whole req collection will suddenly match SR 144 plus who have everything as oppose to facing bronze pack players.

Microtransactions only hurt the player so I cannot understand why people did not like it in Halo 5 and why it’s not in Halo 6 even though it didn’t negatively impact the game. The amount of times I bet gold pack buyers who had not mastered the higher end requisitions or mastered Halo is astounding. It’s pay to lose, not pay to win so it should still be in Halo 6.

> 2533274967369999;9:
> - Match making has always been based on requisition and not SR level. A team of 12 SR level 1 who bought the whole req collection will suddenly match SR 144 plus who have everything as oppose to facing bronze pack players. - I cannot understand why people did not like it in Halo 5 and why it’s not in Halo 6 even though it didn’t negatively impact the game. The amount of times I bet gold pack buyers who had not mastered the higher end requisitions or mastered Halo is astounding. It’s pay to lose, not pay to win so it should still be in Halo 6.

I completely agree with all of this, actually I learned something since I didn’t know matchmaking was influenced by REQ level.

But you’re right, even if you bought the REQs you’d have to know the proper time to use it, HOW to use it, and when something can just be dealt with by a rare REQ. All thanks to a bunch of know-it-alls who decided to yell about microtransactions but not actually play the game I have to ask if this great system is still gonna be around in the next game. smh till my nose bleeds

> 2533274850493408;8:
> I expect there will be some sort of “Season Pass” system, similar to what you see in most games now. What they’re doing in the MCC currently I would call somewhat of a “Beta” for what they’re going to do in Infinite. Whether it’s “REQ” related or not, who knows - but Halo seems to go with whatever is popular at the moment when it comes to DLC.

That has potential to be cool! But if its anything like MCC I’m gonna puke. Hopefully the REQ system makes a return

> 2533274817408735;6:
> 343 said a couple years ago that Infinite will not feature paid lootboxes. So if req packs do return, you won’t be able to buy them with real money. That said, they also confirmed that Infinite will be monetized in some fashion.

a REQ system where I just EARN everything?? for the love of god where do I sign???

We don’t know yet. I want the REQs themselves to return, but not really the pack opening aspect of it.