Will Recon Ever Be Obtainable Again?

So I think that the Recon helmet should be able to be obtained for those who missed out but you have to earn it like the VID Master Challenges and you should redeem it here on Halo Waypoint or Halo Channel.

Nope sorry OP, recon was given out in a last few waves a few years back. The ability to do so is now unavailable as that tech has been retired

> 2533274813317074;2:
> Nope sorry OP, recon was given out in a last few waves a few years back. The ability to do so is now unavailable as that tech has been retired

I still remember that one day, I got Recon by 2013… out of nowhere, maybe it was the waves you’re talking about. However, the next day, it dissapeared. How could this happen?

I did the vidmasters and obtained recon, I remember staying up late every night with my friends (school nights mind you), as a 6th grader and just going beast mode on those achievements. I can still remember being on the ghosts beside my buddies while the whole map was falling apart, making the final jump. As well as hopping on ODST and struggling against the grab hammer guys, but we finally made it with hard work and many retries!

Those se who got it for free are pretty lucky TBH. I tried to do some cool stuff myself to get recognized by bungie, and never did unfortunately. However, I played in a game with a guy who had recon before all of the achievements, his name was shipmaster x

i would like to see recon come back, it wouldn’t be too hard for 343 to make a system where if you had all the vidmaster achievements, you could redeem it on waypoint. i think it would be fun, because as of right now, the achievements are just sitting there, and i have no motivation to actually get them.

Recon sadly became nothing special after it was handed out to everyone.

Originally it was supposed to be given by Bungie to players who ‘earned’ it, which gave it is sought after status. Then it was available to unlock by players who were skilled enough to do the vidmaster achievements and made an effort to get a team together. That still made the armour unique and impressive because it was difficult to attain.

But after 343 decided to give out Recon to everyone, it just ruined the whole appeal of it. I loved Recon, i still remember unlocking it and players being in awe of it when we all discovered its existence. But now? I’d rather it just remain being difficult to attain or being unlockable through the vidmasters.