Will Reactor Be Added to H3?

It’s totally hype that 343i’s supported MCC so much to this point. My question is will they complete the port of all unique Halo Online maps by releasing the final map, Reactor, to H3? Are you guys actively awaiting this to happen as well?

5 Likes

I want to see Reactor be added to H3. Diamondback shall not be added to H3 because Diamondback has a duplicate map design of an already existing map within H3 which is Avalanche.

1 Like

Currently the Halo 3 mod tools reveal entries for 4 remaining H:O maps; Reactor, Skybridge, Diamondback, and Powerhouse, however the folders themselves are mostly empty.

As far as the devs have stated, the door isn’t closed on the maps being added to Halo 3 yet, just that they’re unlikely to be added any time soon.

Personally I’d love for all 4 to release; Diamondback has some cool potential with regards to new vehicle and weapon spawns, Powerhouse would be a funny call forward/back if they added the H:O DMR for it, Skybridge would add another much needed urban map which Halo 3 was sorely lacking, and Reactor would add some much needed variety to the BTB selection, but overall I’d be fine if only Reactor and Skybridge get added since they are the only 2 originals left.

4 Likes

I haven’t taken a deep look at Reactor, but at a glance it looks like a Reach map, probably made from Reach assets similar to Diamondback (which shouldn’t get added to H3). Make more sense to throw into Reach.

I wouldn’t be opposed to having Diamondback added to Halo 3. It could be kept out of matchmaking but it’d be nice to have from a preservation perspective. (Though I’m not sure how likely things are to be added to the game like that if it’s not to generate engagement in matchmaking.)

I wonder if there are any maps in the entire collection that are not featured in matchmaking in some way already.

2 Likes

Chiron and Boarding action were previously unavailable in CE matchmaking, but after the 2018 update they were added to action sack and snipers. Big fan of Chiron and muskets.

I haven’t seen Settler in H4 BTB maps, but I believe forge variants are in infection.

1 Like

I would love to see reactor and the rest of the maps added to the MCC. I think the new maps really compliment the game so far. It would be great if we could get the rest before support is cut.

1 Like

At the very least I want Reactor and Skybridge.

2 Likes

I would like to see the remaining unique maps in Halo online added into MCC. 343 has been pretty tight lipped about the remaining maps since Infinite has launched. Remains to be seen if they will add more maps into the game.

2 Likes

Reactor can go into Halo 3. Diamondback is what would make the most sense to be thrown into Halo: Reach.

1 Like

I prefer to see Diamondback be ported to Halo: Reach, Halo 4, or Halo Infinite because this map has a duplicate design of Avalanche which is in Halo 3.

2 Likes

Reactor and Skybridge need to go into Halo 3. But yeah Diamondback would fit into Reach nicely.

3 Likes

It would also be good to see Drydock be added as well. I’d like to see what the docking spires of High Charity looks like.

2 Likes

I think the only issue we have with Drydock, as well as the Blackout and Cold Storage reskins, is that there’s nothing known about how far in development they were, and none have shown up in the Halo 3 files to date.

all that is known is that the Cold Storage reskin may not have entered into any development as it still lacked the s3d_ prefix, while Dry Dock had conflicting concept art pieces showcasing both Human and Covenant Drydocks.

the only multiplayer maps that are referenced in Halo 3 from H:O that have yet to be released are:

• s3d_reactor
  • s3d_sky_bridgenew
  • s3d_powerhouse
  • s3d_avalanche (Diamondback)
1 Like

I don’t see 343 realasing or working on maps that aren’t finished or that are incomplete. I think based on what they’ve done so far they will only port over finished or near finished content into H3.

As others have said it’s not clear how far along drydock was along with the other reskins. If it’s bare bones, I don’t see 343 investing the time and resources on it.

1 Like

I didn’t play it much on Halo Online but Reactor was a pretty fun map to play on. I think it would be awesome if they added it into the game!

1 Like

Is it possible that Drydock was the docking bay area in the Halo Online main menu?

Yes they should add those maps

2 Likes

It seems like the general consensus here (literally there’s not a single poster who has said ‘no’, and on the Halo Waypoint forums that is a feat in and of itself) is that 343i should support H3 with the remaining definitely complete H:O maps - Reactor, Diamondback, Skybridge

2 Likes

Put Diamondback in Halo: Reach instead of Halo 3.

3 Likes