Will Reach have any memorable maps to pass on to future halo games?

I know the game mechanics in halo reach aren’t good. But, no matter how good the game is bad maps can ruin everything. Halo 1, 2 , 3 all had maps that are iconic in the halo franchise. How many definitive maps does reach have? It may have one in Zealot. Reflection was a remake so that doesn’t really count. It is cool to have combat evolved maps coming to the game. But, I feel like reach needs its own maps. Yes, halo 2 and 3 had map remakes but they also had great original maps. Bungie was just lazy with the map design and it shows. Reach in general feels like it was a rushed project. Pinnacle and sword base are a prime example. Sword base was supposed to be a staple map on reach and it was unplayable after people learned the map. Pinnacle…doesn’t need an explanation. Countdown…map of many corner camps. I wills stop at that.

Pinnacle was a remake of Ascension (?) from Halo 2. What about Powerhouse? I don’t mind that map.

The DLC maps seem to have better quality than the defaults.

Maybe Zealot.

Powerhouse is a decent map. It is nothing special. It has a fortified camp house that sits beside rockets. There is a second camp structure that has nade launcher. Every great map has its strong areas. But, they don’t have enclosed areas where you can horde power weapons. It isn’t a bad map but it definitely isn’t a good one. Notice how mlg barely even uses reach maps?

Reach does not have one great map. The only map I could see that makes it to another Halo would be Highlands.

The default Reach maps just play terribly due to the AAs and the core game mechanics. Countdown must go down as one of the worst default maps of all time, if not the worst.

Sword Base or Highlands.

Anchor 9 is one of the all time worst halo maps. I didn’t buy the second map pack. The one competitive maps on that appears to be a very large map with too many power weapons. The newer maps are visually appealing but aren’t really good competitive maps. I have never played highlands so I can’t respond to that.

I haven’t bought the Defiant map pack :frowning: but Highland looks pretty nice doesn’t it?

Maps shipped with the disk, mhhh I’d have to say by far the ones that are most likely are Zealot, Countdown, and Powerhouse. I feel like I’m missing something…

Countdown is a camper’s paradise. I hope that is never included as a premier halo map. Powerhouse could be considered a memorable map but not a good map. Do you get excited when you see powerhouse voted? I don’t.

Honestly though, Sword Base is the best map in that game.

Sadly I really doubt it. No map that shipped with the game stood out to me. The DLC maps were better in almost every way. When it came to map making, Bungie lost their touch with Reach. They made a great game with tons of options, but their map making lead designer (Carney I think?) just wasn’t on their game.

I just think it was lazy for them to even use forge to make their maps. Why do we want maps that we could potentially make ourselves? They shipped at least three of those maps. Why would you put sword and shotgun on maps like countdown and sword base? Maps that could be fixed never have received changed. Countdown would work if they would replace shotgun and sword with sniper and nade launcher.

powerhouse (if spawns fixed and rockets moved to bowl)

highlands is IMO one of the best btb maps since blood gulch

So far I would say just Highlands, Condemned, Countdown.

Keep in mind that AAs (and horrible weapon placement) kill the gameplay on a lot of these maps, making them appear much worse. Also keep in mind that maps have been remade before (whether in Reach or an earlier game) that weren’t too spectacular themselves. See Ivory Tower, Ascension, Derelict, and Lockout (not a bad map but tremendously overrated, no clue how it got so famous).

I honestly can’t think of a map I like in Reach.

> powerhouse (if spawns fixed and rockets moved to bowl)
>
> highlands is IMO one of the best btb maps since blood gulch

I like the idea of moving the rockets there…
Not only is Highlands the best BTB since Blood Gulch but I found it to be flat out one of the best Halo maps. Seriously, you could stack it with Blood Gulch and Sidewinder especially when it comes to the best BTB maps.

I don’t care for Highlands, but then again the majority of games I play on it are 5v5 in premium slayer, and the game invariably goes to time with the winning team rarely cracking 40.

> > powerhouse (if spawns fixed and rockets moved to bowl)
> >
> > highlands is IMO one of the best btb maps since blood gulch
>
> I like the idea of moving the rockets there…
> Not only is Highlands the best BTB since Blood Gulch but I found it to be flat out one of the best Halo maps. Seriously, you could stack it with Blood Gulch and Sidewinder especially when it comes to the best BTB maps.

I didnt like it though whenthey changed the spawn times of all the weapons to be longer. When the map first came out the plethora of power weapons reminded me of CE gameplay since like CE power weapons were so plentiful.