Will ranks reset on launch??

Hello waypoint community, I have one, very simple question. Since there are already people on halo 4 multiplayer that have already reached rank30+, Will their rank be reset on launch day? It would make sense, but then again if they happen to have gotten the game “legitly” it wouldn’t be “fair”. I heard that Dew Double XP is working right now as well, so would they technically be losing out on all their Double XP?? This pertains to those who actually have a retail copy, not the scumbag pirates. Thanks for reading and I hope someone can give me more information! :slight_smile:

I would imagine they will as they did with Reach.

> I would imagine they will as they did with Reach.

Okay, i didnt play Reach post-launch so I was just wondering. Why would dew double xp be working then if its reseting?

dew xp wont put the double xp onto your account till after 12am on the 6th

If people are already at SR-30, then 343 made the ranks too small and the game population will drop significantly by March. I guarantee it.

> If people are already at SR-30, then 343 made the ranks too small and the game population will drop significantly by March. I guarantee it.

These people are probably those die-hard grinders who pump themselves full of Red Bull to play all night. Such people will always exist.

However, I am hopeful that the average rank-up time is still long enough to be satisfying (but not as nuts a Reach).

> dew xp wont put the double xp onto your account till after 12am on the 6th

No its counting now… Trust me, I know…

> I would imagine they will as they did with Reach.

No they didn’t.

And why do you care, they’re just pixels.

Seriously, these “ranks” mean nothing what-so-ever so why care if someone is a higher rank? And don’t pull the “oh but they have X unlocked” card because every mode has default loadouts that have locked stuff available for all players.

> > If people are already at SR-30, then 343 made the ranks too small and the game population will drop significantly by March. I guarantee it.
>
> These people are probably those die-hard grinders who pump themselves full of Red Bull to play all night. Such people will always exist.
>
> However, I am hopeful that the average rank-up time is still long enough to be satisfying (but not as nuts a Reach).

Yeah the rank up time isnt that fast, those people just play it all day…

> > I would imagine they will as they did with Reach.
>
> No they didn’t.
>
> And why do you care, they’re just pixels.
>
> Seriously, these “ranks” mean nothing what-so-ever so why care if someone is a higher rank? And don’t pull the “oh but they have X unlocked” card because every mode has default loadouts that have locked stuff available for all players.

Well im just curious as too those who play online and unlock differant items, if they will have them on launch. Basically just armor

I wondering to On the machinama stream one of the guys are already SR32. I kind of wonder how long he has been playing. Im sure 343 wouldnt just have us rank up that fast.

> I wondering to On the machinama stream one of the guys are already SR32. I kind of wonder how long he has been playing. Im sure 343 wouldnt just have us rank up that fast.

I was on there last night… SaNiPeR :wink: And yeah, he played A LOT

Anyone else have any information? This thread keeps getting buried by people complaining… -_-