WILL QUITTERS RUIN HALO 5 ?

Will quitters ruin halo 5? Quitters ruined halo mcc for me just as much as 343 did. Although I am a fan of not voting for maps, I can’t help but wonder if halo 5 will turn into a quit fest. I can only play so many 2 vs 4 games.

The halo community seems to grow more selfish everyday. 343 should create a selfish edition that lets players use their own dedicated servers like battlefield to create their perfect game.

What do you think, will halo 5 be a quit fest?

If they quit they will get banned temporarily.

Quitters ruin all games…

How many games do they have to quit in what time frame to get banned? The quit penalties in mcc did nothing in my opinion.

> 2533274854386801;4:
> How many games do they have to quit in what time frame to get banned? The quit penalties in mcc did nothing in my opinion.

I don’t nose. Next MCC patch will fix the quitters: "Work on the upcoming content continues as well, and the team is aiming to deliver the update within the next few weeks. As we briefly touched upon last week, one of the updates includes new penalty systems, including temporary bans for excessive negative behavior, including:

• Quits
  • Betrayals
  • Idling"

Yes they will ruin everything. But as there is a van plan is in place it should stop after a couple of months

It’s been something effecting Halo for a long time. Hopefully they put some good thought into it

Quitters are inevitable. Happened in H2, H3, Reach, H4, and MCC. Theres nothing you can do.

When it comes to Arena at least, the bans for quiting/idle kick need to be rather hefty imo seeing they are really driving the whole e-sport thing (which I personally love btw).

For me I wouldn’t mind seeing something along the lines of a 6~ hour ban with a guarantee loss in rank, or something like what Heroes of the Storm (Blizzard’s moba) does and have a quitter’s league and be marked as a quitter and have to play a set amount of matches before you can play with normal people again.

Either way I’ll give some faith into 343i with handling quitters accordingly for Halo 5.

I still hate how they do with the MCC, but I’m sure they won’t do it here.
If you ‘quit’ or get booted from a game due to connection/network problems (Which MCC is still riddled with on occasion), you lose your reputation, which in itself isn’t that bad, but due to the trollers, people who insult, crappy connections, etc get tossed into the same pit of despair, I’d rather not have that issue with Halo 5.

Just make it so you can’t join a game until THAT game is over. Which means, you can leave any game, but you won’t be able to play until your team loses/wins, but you still get a loss.

5 games in a row people leaving before Match or 1 round. And just losing and losing ranks because of it first lots of lag now quiters I guess soon it will be cod as this game is ruined

I’d just like to add that a lot of people are just “losing connection”. Like I can get in maybe one or two games before it kicks me in the middle of a game. It’s not my Internet, never had problems till 343 servers! It’s getting old and 343 has yet to comment on anything about it. Just trying to get my money’s worth!

> 2533274854386801;1:
> Will quitters ruin halo 5? Quitters ruined halo mcc for me just as much as 343 did. Although I am a fan of not voting for maps, I can’t help but wonder if halo 5 will turn into a quit fest. I can only play so many 2 vs 4 games.
>
> The halo community seems to grow more selfish everyday. 343 should create a selfish edition that lets players use their own dedicated servers like battlefield to create their perfect game.
>
> What do you think, will halo 5 be a quit fest?

This is the first Halo that I have played that I haven’t experienced a lot of quitting going on in the matches I’m playing. I will say though to address the disconnecting issue, they should look in to a system like there is with a lot of MOBAs out there; have a rejoin feature if you get disconnected from the game. With there being dedicated servers now, the functionality should be possible from a logistical and technical standpoint.

Once again the dev choses to punish quitting instead of attempting to understand what drives it. I’m not saying penalties are completely useless, but they can only do so much. They may curb the behaviors of people who quit because of what we loosely term “poor sportsmanship,” but if you think poor sportsmanship is the only thing that drives quitting then you’re living in a bubble. And so is 343. You have to design game play, game types, ranking systems, and matchmaking systems which attempt to alleviate the reasons behind the quitting, not exacerbate them. On this point 343 failed miserably with MCC, and the fact that you can’t play a complete MCC match and have it finish with teams intact is testament to this failure. The problems with Guardians are not on the same scale as MCC, but I’m reading far too many threads concerning the inner workings, and apparent failures, of the arena ranking system to think that arena will become anything more than the quitting -Yoink- storm that MCC has become. Thankfully, I don’t go into arena so I don’t personally care. Warzone does just fine for me. People seldom quit, and when they do they get replaced. There’s a lesson for arena in there somewhere.

Quitters are totally ruining my experience.

I used to play BTB in Reach/4 and now after getting into Trials in Destiny I’ve started playing Arena and I’m fed up of people quitting… People quit at ridiculous scores like 12-8.

Do people not realise if they don’t play against people better than them they won’t get any better themselves?

I think there should be no ‘Leave Game’ option in Arena.

And repeated DC’s should be given 10-15 min timeouts.

Quitters suck.

> 2535431306616755;16:
> Quitters suck.

<mark>Please don’t revive old threads.</mark>