Will proper single-player Firefight come back?

By “proper” I mean not reliant on a glitch or other technical workaround like in Halo 5. And if not Firefight itself, then at least a close-enough mode like 4’s Spartan Ops.

Yes, I realize Firefight is not best played alone, but at least previous games allowed you to do so - Reach even offered an online single-player Firefight with Score Attack. Unless I’m overlooking it, there is no dedicated PvE mode in 5 that lets you play alone other than the campaign, and I just don’t understand why the option was taken away.

Aside of this, I’m cautiously optimistic so far…not hyped to the sky, but not let down past the ground either.

> 2533274807789335;1:
> By “proper” I mean not reliant on a glitch or other technical workaround like in Halo 5. And if not Firefight itself, then at least a close-enough mode like 4’s Spartan Ops.
>
> Yes, I realize Firefight is not best played alone, but at least previous games allowed you to do so - Reach even offered an online single-player Firefight with Score Attack. Unless I’m overlooking it, there is no dedicated PvE mode in 5 that lets you play alone other than the campaign, and I just don’t understand why the option was taken away.
>
> Aside of this, I’m cautiously optimistic so far…not hyped to the sky, but not let down past the ground either.

Same, if not at launch, I hope it’s in the cards down the line. I also would not want how firefight as how it was in Halo 5 (fun as it was) but rather a stand alone game mode with custom game settings etc. If Infinite is supposed to ‘have something for everyone’, there is definitely a section of the Halo community who prefers PvE as opposed to PvP and Firefight would not only be a breath of fresh air from usual multiplayer but also a different opportunity for PvE as opposed to campaign.

There’s so much potential for firefight. With Forge, whilst I’m not expecting playable AI in Forge mode itself, I think it will be badass if we could edit firefight maps and add simple objects essentially specifying where AI would spawn and the paths they would take (kinda like how in Reach the AI would head towards a point in the map until spotting the player) as well as maybe specifying weapon stations (not REQs but more like how you unlocked weapons and vehicles in Invasion in Reach).

We could also say specify some of these to be ‘Map Defaults’ but also have them set in custom game settings (essentially overriding the map defaults) for things like waves or map hazards.

My hype has not completely been destroyed but the stuff I’m seeing (official info from 343 and not unsubstantiated claims) makes me really question some of the design decisions of this game, especially the removal of the original shotgun. Pistol bothers me though I suppose one can argue it has basically looked different or functioned differently in every game but it looks way too generic (I think’s a mixture of the trigger guard and the lack of lights) in Infinite.

I would be lying if I wasn’t concerned

Seems like it would be a great addition since the last Firefights were extremely well received.

I honestly think though that modes like Firefight and Forge won’t be in the game at release. Instead they will be added later.

> 2533274925473364;3:
> Seems like it would be a great addition since the last Firefights were extremely well received.
>
> I honestly think though that modes like Firefight and Forge won’t be in the game at release. Instead they will be added later.

Well if that’s the case, clearly didn’t learn from Halo 5, did they? Also, currently, the game description on the store page mentions Forge so the backlash would be massive if they did it again. Also MCC on PC didn’t launch with forge (yes you could have modded it in but point is it wasn’t officially there) and they got flak for that as well so it would really contradict their message of listening to feedback.

I can do without firefight at launch as I get it hasn’t been in the game in its usual form for a while since Reach so I’m fine if they take time to polish the content there is now such as campaign (and hopefully add back the classic weapons), multiplayer, forge and the graphics as I understand it will take a while to add it back.

It would be nice to see, but giving 343’s service record… I wouldn’t hold my breath.
343 doesn’t evolve what we had from the bungie games. 343 looks at other shooters and adds their concepts to Halo.

Hopefully it comes back to infinite as a cross between reachs and halo 5’s, but with another u.i. instead of req items.
I did not like h4s style of firefight.
I dont think it will be in infinite. They have their hands full with just campaign and multiplayer.
But if infinites gonna be around for 10 years, it may possibly come as an add on or dlc.

> 2533274808453107;6:
> Hopefully it comes back to infinite as a cross between reachs and halo 5’s, but with another u.i. instead of req items.
> I did not like h4s style of firefight.
> I dont think it will be in infinite. They have their hands full with just campaign and multiplayer.
> But if infinites gonna be around for 10 years, it may possibly come as an add on or dlc.

How will it last 10 years if it does not have more content then prior Halo games?

It will need at minimum three times more content then prior Halo games to last a decade.

And 2-3 years from now games on the Xbox Series X will look and play drastically better then Halo: Infinite due to the fact that old original Xbox One hardware is holding this game back on a technical and foundation level.

> 2533274925473364;7:
> > 2533274808453107;6:
> > Hopefully it comes back to infinite as a cross between reachs and halo 5’s, but with another u.i. instead of req items.
> > I did not like h4s style of firefight.
> > I dont think it will be in infinite. They have their hands full with just campaign and multiplayer.
> > But if infinites gonna be around for 10 years, it may possibly come as an add on or dlc.
>
> How will it last 10 years if it does not have more content then prior Halo games?
>
> It will need at minimum three times more content then prior Halo games to last a decade.

Oh yeah i agree. But 343 has been saying they envision infinite as a 10 year project.
I replied before your edit, lol.
I remember reading that 343 wanted to update infinite with ray tracing a year after launch…so

> 2533274808453107;8:
> > 2533274925473364;7:
> > > 2533274808453107;6:
> > > Hopefully it comes back to infinite as a cross between reachs and halo 5’s, but with another u.i. instead of req items.
> > > I did not like h4s style of firefight.
> > > I dont think it will be in infinite. They have their hands full with just campaign and multiplayer.
> > > But if infinites gonna be around for 10 years, it may possibly come as an add on or dlc.
> >
> > How will it last 10 years if it does not have more content then prior Halo games?
> >
> > It will need at minimum three times more content then prior Halo games to last a decade.
>
> Oh yeah i agree. But 343 has been saying they envision infinite as a 10 year project.
> I replied before your edit, lol.
> I remember reading that 343 wanted to update infinite with ray tracing a year after launch…so

There’s many massive open world games that look phenomenal and don’t use Ray Tracing, yet still have exceptional lighting in hand with day/night and weather cycle (Does Halo: Infinite even have a weather cycle??).

Like the below:

Red Dead: Redemption 2
Ghosts of Tsushima
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Watch Dogs 2
Assassins Creed: Origins and Odyssey
Far Cry 5
Ghost Recon: Wildlands
GTA 5
The Witcher 3

All the above massive open world games look three times better then the current state of Halo: Infinite and have very high quality lighting that works well without any Ray Tracing.

Ray Tracing is being used as PR marketing throw away line. It does not make everything automatically look better. Sometimes bad textures are just bad textures.

As you just stated we can’t even expect Ray Tracing for Halo: Infinite until a year or so after launch. Maybe less if lucky. And when it does come it will come with major performance decrease as RT hits game performance very heavily. There are no current technologies like NVidia DLSS 2.0 to mitigate performance decrease for AMD graphics whilst using ray tracing. Be interesting to see how 343 industries overcomes the performance hit from using ray tracing.

> 2533274925473364;9:
> > 2533274808453107;8:
> > > 2533274925473364;7:
> > > > 2533274808453107;6:
> > > > Hopefully it comes back to infinite as a cross between reachs and halo 5’s, but with another u.i. instead of req items.
> > > > I did not like h4s style of firefight.
> > > > I dont think it will be in infinite. They have their hands full with just campaign and multiplayer.
> > > > But if infinites gonna be around for 10 years, it may possibly come as an add on or dlc.
> > >
> > > How will it last 10 years if it does not have more content then prior Halo games?
> > >
> > > It will need at minimum three times more content then prior Halo games to last a decade.
> >
> > Oh yeah i agree. But 343 has been saying they envision infinite as a 10 year project.
> > I replied before your edit, lol.
> > I remember reading that 343 wanted to update infinite with ray tracing a year after launch…so
>
> There’s many massive open world games that look phenomenal and don’t use Ray Tracing, yet still have exceptional lighting in hand with day/night and weather cycle.
>
> Like the below:
>
> Red Dead: Redemption 2
> Ghosts of Tsushima
> Horizon: Zero Dawn
> Watch Dogs 2
> Assassins Creed: Origins and Odyssey
> Far Cry 5
> Ghost Recon: Wildlands
> GTA 5
> The Witcher 3
>
> All the above massive open world games look three times better then the current state of Halo: Infinite and have very high quality lighting that works well without any Ray Tracing.
>
> Ray Tracing is being used as PR marketing throw away line. It does not make everything automatically look better. Sometimes bad textures are just bad textures.
>
> As you just stated we can’t even expect Ray Tracing for Halo: Infinite until a year or so after launch. Maybe less if lucky. And when it does come it will come with major performance decrease as RT hits game performance very heavily.

Please sir, im already depressed, and were not even talking about firefight.
Id be happily suprised, but i doubt it will be in infinite at launch. I dont even use forge, but i doubt that will be in launch as well

I was just about to post this. I really hope so. I miss proper firefight.

it seems modes these days in a Halo game made by 343 tend to be tied to an online requirement to leverage more subscriptions so I’d personally rule it out. Would love to see one though