Will pre-order skins be on the Marketplace ?

I really hope the pre-order skins will be on the Xbox Live Marketplace after Halo 4 comes out, like maybe by January 2013.

I leave in the United States and I’m not sure if I can buy Halo 4 from international retailers like Play and Mighty Ape in order to get their pre-order skins =(

The Great Britain (Play) and Australia (Mighty Ape) Marketplace codes wouldn’t work if I tried to redeem them on the United States Xbox Live right ?

Putting all of the pre-order skins on Xbox Live Marketplace allows everyone to get all of the skins. They could cost 400 to 800 Microsoft Points, or just bundle of them and sell the pre-order skin bundle for 1600 Microsoft Points.

That’s a really bad idea. I absolutely HATE when developers make you pay for content locked on the disc. Honestly, they should just be unlockables; people who pre-order get one skin right off the bat.

I really hope not. I hated it when epic did that with gears of war 3.

> That’s a really bad idea. I absolutely HATE when developers make you pay for content locked on the disc. Honestly, they should just be unlockables; people who pre-order get one skin right off the bat.

It’s to late for them to do it that way =( If 343 tried to do that the retailers would have a -Yoink- fit and it wouldn’t turn out to good =(

No, they should remain exlusive to the people that pre-ordered at the right place. Otherwise, they’ll just feel like they got ripped off.

However, if they are to be unlocked for everbody, it should be for free and it should be around 2-3 years after the game came out, shortly before Halo 5.

Yes! Bend your head down like a dog upon capitalism! Of course you aren’t against DLC, but you actually can’t wait to pay extra for it!

They should just include them all in the limited edition.

> I really hope not. I hated it when epic did that with gears of war 3.

I know . . =( But it’s the only way for people to get all of the pre-order skins. It’s pretty much too late for 343 to make the pre-order skins available any other way.

> No, they should remain exlusive to the people that pre-ordered at the right place. Otherwise, they’ll just feel like they got ripped off.
>
> However, if they are to be unlocked for everbody, it should be for free and it should be around 2-3 years after the game came out, shortly before Halo 5.

Two of them aren’t accessible to people in the United States =(

> They should just include them all in the limited edition.

Yes they should do that.

But if it’s to late for 343 to do that, then 343 should make them available on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

> No, they should remain exlusive to the people that pre-ordered at the right place. Otherwise, they’ll just feel like they got ripped off.

So my only option should be to drop $100 on H4 from Mighty Ape for their exclusive stuff?

I’m HOPING that 343 takes a page from the developers of Batman: Arkham City. Some skins were locked and if you pre-ordered you got them with a code. WIthin a month or two, the rest were made available on the marketplace. I think that’s fair enough. IO mean really folks, are you NOT going to pre-order from somewhere?

I’ve had mine paid off for awhile now. When the limited edition was announced, I immediate went down to my Gamestop, upgraded and paid off the difference.

I don’t see a problem with this.

I do expect the additional pre-order skins to cost more when made available in the marketplace. I think they should be sold separately and as one whole group for a slight discount. There are 5 skins. Say each one cost 250MSPs. That’s right around $15 for all five. However, if you buy the whole set of them you could get them for 1000MSPs.

In essence those who pre-ordered wouldn’t be penalized by having to pay the full cost of 5 when they already have one of them. For those who didn’t pre-order they would get that slight break too. Just remember though that they didn’t have the privilege of having a pre-order skin from the start.

Now before people go barking at those MSPs I mentioned, look at what most Avatar items cost. A full costume with suit and hat/helmet usually costs 320MSPs. Those don’t even work in most games (with those rare exceptions of Avatar enabled games). SO for the most part they are just for show.

These skins can and WILL be used in the game, thus making them more valuable. So at 250MSPs, we’d be getting a bargain by comparison. Of course my suggested price is just that, suggested. I hope we won’t be gouged on these as we will have already bought the game and many of us the limited edition at that.

Here’s hoping all turns out well.

Personally, I’d like to see them all on the Limited Edition. Just saying.