will one of the new characters be a S-IV

were suposed to see some new characters soon will one of the new characters be a SAPRTAN-IV? it would be cool if there was one

Naomi-010 anyone???

> Naomi-010 anyone???

She was a SII smart -Yoink- :slight_smile:

But OT, definitely. In Glasslands, the UNSC Infinity- a ship that was seen in Halo 4 concept art- was described as being a top notch ship with loads of Forerunner tech and of course S-IV crew members. So, in an unofficial way, the answer is yes.

Another obvious future character for Halo 4 (and possibly the whole series) is Andrew Del Rio- the Commanding Officer aboard the Infinity.

> > Naomi-010 anyone???
>
> She was a SII smart -Yoink!- :slight_smile:
>
> But OT, definitely. In Glasslands, the UNSC Infinity- a ship that was seen in Halo 4 concept art- was described as being a top notch ship with loads of Forerunner tech and of course S-IV crew members. So, in an unofficial way, the answer is yes.
>
> Another obvious future character for Halo 4 (and possibly the whole series) is Andrew Del Rio- the Commanding Officer aboard the Infinity.

i know she is i was just sharing my opinion:(

I like the sound of that Andrew Del Rio guy another boss commander to replace Keyes, Lord Hood anyone?

No, of course we won’t see any, clearly the Spartan-IV’s were invented not to advance the storyline but for kicks and giggles.

/sarcasm

> were suposed to see some new characters soon will one of the new characters be a SAPRTAN-IV? it would be cool if there was one

No, we’re not supposed to see new characters soon. Maybe we will, but nothing proves it.
Yes, Re:creation will show its line-up of Halo 4 toys next week, but that dosen’t mean we’ll get anything new. For exemple, the McFarlane’s line-up of Halo 4 toys, shown on the front page of waypoint, includes multiple “secret figures” along with Cortana, MC, the new warthog. But these secret figures won’t be unveiled right now, we’ll have to wait months (I just made that up, but they won’t be shown soon anyway).

But, considering Glasslands, yes Spartans-IV will probably appear in 4.

Nano-Suit possibly?

> Nano-Suit possibly?

I am tempted.

I hope not. SPARTAN-IVs are just…stupid. They seem really thrown in there by Traviss and are making the whole Spartan image less and less unique. I didn’t mind the Spartan-IIIs, but Spartan-IVs is taking it too far.

Yes, sadly I think we will.

There may be some positives though,

• Better Co-op. Less duplicate Chiefs wandering around.
  • Negative effects on Chief. Take the gloss off his character? Not sure, but they seem a bit of a gimmick.

Perhaps they are getting too involved in the whole books, comic books, anime feeding into the games.

The books etc… should enrichthe universe, not be a necessity to understand the games. They say they won’t but when Naomi turns up, most people won’t have a scooby doo about what is going on. Same if they haven’t read Primordium and they see Chakas’ GS 2, whatever you want to call it

Just my view.

> I hope not. SPARTAN-IVs are just…stupid. They seem really thrown in there by Traviss and are making the whole Spartan image less and less unique. I didn’t mind the Spartan-IIIs, but Spartan-IVs is taking it too far.

what are you talking about, the spartan project has been advancing in a way that more people are able to become spartans, it makes more sense than just ending the project with a program that is extremely hard to find recruits for and leaving yourself less defended against an attack. I like that they make it go to the spartan IV program.

How did the UNSC come up with the technology to make adults Spartans in such a short amount of time AND while the fate of the entire human race was at hand…? That’s why I think it’s really thrown in there and stupid. Yes, it’s good that there are more Spartans to help humanity’s cause, but it’s not practical and Traviss shouldn’t have included them in Glasslands. Plus the whole few, green MJOLNIR armored, faceless, elite heroes is gone. It seems like anybody can become a Spartan now. What ever happened to it’s infamous training process? All that is out the window now.

> <mark>were suposed to see some new characters soon</mark> will one of the new characters be a SAPRTAN-IV? it would be cool if there was one

If your referring to the toy fair, i highly doubt we will have any information. Its a big game, why would they have a premiere at a toy fair?

> How did the UNSC come up with the technology to make adults Spartans in such a short amount of time AND while the fate of the entire human race was at hand…? That’s why I think it’s really thrown in there and stupid. Yes, it’s good that there are more Spartans to help humanity’s cause, but it’s not practical and Traviss shouldn’t have included them in Glasslands. Plus the whole few, green MJOLNIR armored, faceless, elite heroes is gone. <mark>It seems like anybody can become a Spartan now.</mark> What ever happened to it’s infamous training process? All that is out the window now.

Im pretty sure the S4’s are S3’s that are upgraded even more.

well… I kinda think that since S3s are like expendable cheaper versions of spartan II’s… they should just replace all the marines with S3’s maby…

We know about Halo 4 as much as you do. Well, I hope you know the things we know for yet, but it isn’t much.

> > How did the UNSC come up with the technology to make adults Spartans in such a short amount of time AND while the fate of the entire human race was at hand…? That’s why I think it’s really thrown in there and stupid. Yes, it’s good that there are more Spartans to help humanity’s cause, but it’s not practical and Traviss shouldn’t have included them in Glasslands. Plus the whole few, green MJOLNIR armored, faceless, elite heroes is gone. <mark>It seems like anybody can become a Spartan now.</mark> What ever happened to it’s infamous training process? All that is out the window now.
>
> Im pretty sure the S4’s are S3’s that are upgraded even more.

I haven’t read Glasslands and I feel the damage that’s been done. When it was released and while nobody didn’t know anything about it, I wanted to cry because I can’t buy it immediately (it comes in my country in March). Now I don’t feel interested in it anymore. I hope 343 decides to officially proclaim it non-canon. By the way, now I’m crying for Primordium. :slight_smile: I really hope there are no Spartan lV’s in Halo 4!

Spartan IV’s are Spartan II’s and III’s who volunteered for the new project