Will Not be Getting This at Release

I only need one reason as to why I won’t be getting this at release.

Its 2014 release date. WAY too soon for a sequel.

Edit: Just got info saying that it will be 60fps, have dedicated servers, and spectator mode. Reconsidering.

How its like 2 years from the release of Halo 4. It’s usually only 3 years big deal, stop complaining!

technically it will be released three years after halo 4

sorry i counted wrong yes 2 years still not to early

Although very likely, it still doesn’t have to be Halo 5.

But the reason why I won’t be getting it at release is because I won’t be getting the XBOX One so soon either. And I have basically lost some interest in Halo in the last months. I’ll have to stick around, wait for more content, and then decide whether or not I will stay with Halo or not. And if I do, then for the story, which in my opinion, was also not handled greatly since Halo 4.

> technically it will be released three years after halo 4

Halo 4 November 6th 2012

Halo 4 Fall 2014

2012+2 = 2014
2012+3 = 2015

EDIT: Seen you’ve corrected yourself.

What if its late 2014? Remember E3 2011? They only showed a teaser, which is what they just showed. It was over a whole year after that E3 before Halo 4 was released. I’m not expecting the next Halo until late 2014. I feel that that would be a reasonable development time since they probably broke off a section of their over 300 dev team to start the framework for Halo 5 or whatever it will be as they were finishing up Halo 4.

We’ll be lucky if Newegg starts offering discounts for Xbox One (like they did with H4).

Until then, I’m not getting it. Don’t have the money. D:

I’m going to bet its coming out late 2014, which would be a year inbetween like Halo CE to Halo 2 which is pretty much the same thing with Halo 4 to Halo 5.

I will. And technically, 343 started work on Halo 5 a few months before Halo 4 released, so it’ll be closer to a two and a half year cycle, which isn’t too bad IMO.

Its not called halo 5. They wouldn’t keep the tittle secretive just to tack a 5 onto the end of it.

> I will. And technically, 343 started work on Halo 5 a few months before Halo 4 released, so it’ll be closer to a two and a half year cycle, which isn’t too bad IMO.

It took them supposedly four years to make Halo 4. I’m truly scared of what they’ll produce with only two years.

I’m not getting it because I’m simply just not buying the XB1.

But I agree with OP, two years is way too short. That’s a rushed development cycle and Halo 2 should remind you all of what happens when you rush games to the public. The only way this is acceptable is:

• Halo 5 campaign only.
  • Halo Matchmaking/InfSlayer/SpartanOPs is directly being continued and not overhauled like it has been in every new game.

If the Dev team is really as big as they say, and they’re putting most of their resources into this Halo game, then it’s not that bad to be honest.

Halo 2 was developed in 3 years with a team of like 40-60 people, 343i has something closer to over 100, right?

And it might be a late 2014 release date. Anyways, I need to see gameplay and news about the game before I begin formulating an opinion. That giant forerunner machine looked pretty lame, to be honest.

I think 2014 might be for a halo 2 anniversary (might not be confirmed yet)
Halo 5 would best fit a late 2015 release simply for the three year gap between each major title.

Halo 1 2001
Halo 2 2004
Halo 3 2007
Halo R 2010
Halo 4 2012 (and exception since it was in the works since 2009)
Halo 5 2015
Halo 6 2018

I don’t understand what the big deal is. A lot of you are saying that 343 isn’t focused on Halo 5, but how was Bungie “focusing” when they created Halo 3: ODST and oversaw Halo Wars. It’s called multitasking, companies can do it!

> If the Dev team is really as big as they say, and they’re putting most of their resources into this Halo game, then it’s not that bad to be honest.
>
> Halo 2 was developed in 3 years with a team of like 40-60 people, 343i has something closer to over 100, right?
>
> And it might be a late 2014 release date. Anyways, I need to see gameplay and news about the game before I begin formulating an opinion. That giant forerunner machine looked pretty lame, to be honest.

Plus, didn’t they just hire a new MM developer or something?

> I only need one reason as to why I won’t be getting this at release.
>
> Its 2014 release date. WAY too soon for a sequel.

So you’re going to wait until the game’s been out a year?

I’m getting it on day of release (if I’ve bought the Xbox one by then).

I’ll probably buy the Xbox One along with H5.

> I don’t understand what the big deal is. A lot of you are saying that 343 isn’t focused on Halo 5, but how was Bungie “focusing” when they created Halo 3: ODST and oversaw Halo Wars. It’s called multitasking, companies can do it!

The only people that had anything to do with halo wars was the story guys, next did you forget about spartan assault and the fact that reach still would have way more dev time than halo 5?