Will Mike Colter voice Locke in the game?

The’ve said that Halo: Nightfall will be directly feeding into Halo 5: Guardians. This makes me wonder, is Mike Colter going to be voicing Locke in the game? I think this would be a wise decision if they did this.

Frankly, I don’t know why they would get a Hollywood actor and not have him voice the same character he will play as in Nightfall and not the game.

I thought he would be another silent, faceless character. Not wanting that, just had not considered him talking before.
OT I hope so.

i still dont think we will see mikes face or skin in halo nightfsll or halo 5 343 could make him out to be white yet his black

> i still dont think we will see mikes face or skin in halo nightfsll or halo 5 343 could make him out to be white yet his black

Not showing the face of the character you’re developing/creating an origin story for? That doesn’t really sound like a good idea.
We really don’t need two faceless “protagonists”.

I hope so. It always sucks when you have the same character in two different media products and they sound completely different.

> i still dont think we will see mikes face or skin in halo nightfsll or halo 5 343 could make him out to be white yet his black

I remember seeing some footage that actually showed his face so I’m pretty sure we’ll see his face.

If they are casting Mike Colter in Nightfall, I think he should be remade in game and voiced as well. It makes nightfall even more believable.

Halo has been out since 2001 and we still havent really seen chiefs face

> Halo has been out since 2001 and we still havent really seen chiefs face

Yes, but we’ve seen almost everyone else’s (chief, rookie, and Noble 6 are the only ‘hidden’ characters I can think of right now). I think it will come down to what kind of role he plays in the universe.

If he somehow becomes the main character of the series then they may keep his face hidden, but 343i has stated many times that they are telling the Chief’s story. I’d bet we see his face a couple times in game and a whole bunch in Nightfall.

> > Halo has been out since 2001 and we still havent really seen chiefs face
>
> Yes, but we’ve seen almost everyone else’s (chief, rookie, and Noble 6 are the only ‘hidden’ characters I can think of right now). I think it will come down to what kind of role he plays in the universe.
>
> If he somehow becomes the main character of the series then they may keep his face hidden, but 343i has stated many times that they are telling the Chief’s story. I’d bet we see his face a couple times in game and a whole bunch in Nightfall.

Well, we already know what Mike looks like and if Locke IS Mike Colter, I see no reason to show us his face as the audience already knows what he looks like.

Anyone else remember the random actor they had for Lasky in FuD that didnt even remotely look like our in game version? XD

And yes I feel colter should be in both forms of media!

> Halo has been out since 2001 and we still havent really seen chiefs face

We’ve seen it as a kid and had it described as an adult.
That was also Bungie’s Chief, purposely not developed like the books to give a false illusiom that you’re the Chief.

343i is much more into giving characters actual characterization, so I see no reason why Locke would be hidden too.

> Anyone else remember the random actor they had for Lasky in FuD that didnt even remotely look like our in game version? XD

Thats because the actor resembles lasky’s concept art http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1850w3n0w90u4jpg/original.jpg

I’m guessing lasky’s appearance was changed closer to release to make him look more friendly.

If they were able to get Mike Colter to play Locke in Nightfall, I see no reason on why they couldn’t get him to voice the same character in Halo 5.

Another thing I don’t think any has considered is the possible flak turning Locke into a white guy may cause. You’ve all likely heard the flak Ubisoft has gotten itself into by not creating female avatars for Assassin’s Creed: Unity and Far Cry 4, right? Imagine how the gaming community would react to seeing a black Hollywood actor only do body work for a live-action character, only for his voice and face to be played by someone who isn’t that actor.

It won’t end well.

> > Anyone else remember the random actor they had for Lasky in FuD that didnt even remotely look like our in game version? XD
>
> Thats because the actor resembles lasky’s concept art http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1850w3n0w90u4jpg/original.jpg
>
> I’m guessing lasky’s appearance was changed closer to release to make him look more friendly.

I just assumed it was because he was much younger in the FuD but I never saw that concept art somehow. Thats really cool to know actually…

> Another thing I don’t think any has considered is the possible flak turning Locke into a white guy may cause. You’ve all likely heard the flak Ubisoft has gotten itself into by not creating female avatars for Assassin’s Creed: Unity and Far Cry 4, right? Imagine how the gaming community would react to seeing a black Hollywood actor only do body work for a live-action character, only for his voice and face to be played by someone who isn’t that actor.
>
> It won’t end well.

Agreed. Whatever they put into Nightfall, sets the precedent for the character in game. Keep things consistent.

would be cool if they did

Kinda wish his voice actor would be James Earl Jones.

> Frankly, I don’t know why they would get a Hollywood actor and not have him voice the same character he will play as in Nightfall and not the game.

So true…it would be an even bigger waste of money if they did otherwise