Will Mendicant Bias be present in Halo 4?

Now for anyone who doesn’t know, Mendicant Bias is a rogue forerunner AI who helped the Master Chief during Halo 3 repenting for his past sins (he defected to the flood during the Forerunner-Flood war and was the catalyst for firing the Halo rings). He is seen in terminals during Halo 3 and is a secret message played during the Mausoleum Suite of Halo 2 as shown below:

A key possibility why Master Chiefs half of the UNSC Forward unto Dawn ended up in a different part of the Galaxy compared to the Arbiter is possibly Mendicant Biases doing from him atoning for his past crimes with (as paraphrased from a halo 3 terminal) “Master Chief being his example of his repentance”.

I would therefore believe that it would be essential to bring Mendicant Bias into Halo 4. What are your opinions on this and if possible any more feedback.

As long as they VERY clearly explain who Mendicant Bias is, and what he is, etc. then i dont see the problem. I havn’t read the books, so all ive heard is basically, he some forerunner AI that defected to the flood.

(i would have read the books, but they arnt in any stores. I live in south west Australia)

> As long as they VERY clearly explain who Mendicant Bias is, and what he is, etc. then i dont see the problem. I havn’t read the books, so all ive heard is basically, he some forerunner AI that defected to the flood.
>
> (i would have read the books, but they arnt in any stores. I live in south west Australia)

Were you there for the IRIS advertising campaign for Halo 3??

If not, sad days for you, look it up. Seriously exponential and eye-opening stuff there. Mostly about a Compound Intelligence known as Adjutant Reflex, but in the end he was taken over by something of higher power and rank, during that take-over, his emblem was changed and featured something that, in the background, had Mendicant Bias’ Terminal symbol in it.

Further, if you bothered to go after the Terminal’s in Halo 3, you would also have found out that Mendicant Bias was responsible for a lot of help for Chief in finishing the fight.

> > As long as they VERY clearly explain who Mendicant Bias is, and what he is, etc. then i dont see the problem. I havn’t read the books, so all ive heard is basically, he some forerunner AI that defected to the flood.
> >
> > (i would have read the books, but they arnt in any stores. I live in south west Australia)
>
> Were you there for the IRIS advertising campaign for Halo 3??
>
> If not, sad days for you, look it up. Seriously exponential and eye-opening stuff there. Mostly about a Compound Intelligence known as Adjutant Reflex, but in the end he was taken over by something of higher power and rank, during that take-over, his emblem was changed and featured something that, in the background, had Mendicant Bias’ Terminal symbol in it.
>
> Further, if you bothered to go after the Terminal’s in Halo 3, you would also have found out that Mendicant Bias was responsible for a lot of help for Chief in finishing the fight.

Never saw the IRIS ad campaign. When my crappy net speeds up i’ll look for it on youtube or something. Also, i did go after all the terminals, but never bothered reading all of them as i did some of them on co-op with my mate and he didn’t want to read them.

I still think there should be proper clarification who and what Mendicant Bias is though, as there will be some people who never wanted to search for all the terminals.

Alright, allow me to educate you then, fellow Halo fan.

During the almighty Forerunner-Flood Wars, the Flood were dominating as their Gravemind became stronger, bigger, more intelligent and able to utterly dominate any battle with his flood minions.

The Forerunners needed time to finish the Halo Arrays, but also wanted to see if they could find a weakness within the Gravemind itself. To figure this out, they created Mendicant Bias who they employed to telepathically communicate with the Gravemind and try to battle his mind, make him back off, or even exploit a weakness.

However…

The Gravemind turned the tables on the Forerunners and tricked Mendicant Bias into believing that the Flood were the evolutionary next step, and that the Forerunners were obsolete. Mendicant Bias proceeded to help the Gravemind ultimately try to destroy the Forerunners and everything about them.

The Forerunners responded by creating Offensive Bias who was tasked with destroying and defeating Mendicant Bias, and upon doing so, Mendicant Bias’ mind, essentially, was broken into shards and sent across the universe (one being used as the AI and component for High Charity)

During his time aloft, he came to realize that the Gravemind was wrong, and that he, himself, was in the wrong for betraying his makers, and ultimately wished to make up/repent/redeem himself. And he did so by helping the Master Chief against the Gravemind in Halo 3.

Edit:
Or you can go here and read all about him: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/05-032_Mendicant_Bias