Will Master Chief become a Cowboy in Phoenix?

(Spoiler below)
At the end of the game when Master Chief is gazing at the earth it made me think if Halo 5 will be earth centric with him becoming more human and less killing machine. The first Spartan Ops episode referred to ‘New Phoenix’ made me think this might be a great place for Halo 5 to begin. Imagine Halo 5 beginning with John 117 on some ranch in cowboyish gear in New Phoenix when all of a sudden earth gets attacked and Master Chief has neither an A.I. or his suit to protect him and has to battle his way as a loan human in the first part of the game. It has been said that Halo 5 will be darker with John 117 discovering what it is to be human and Halo 5 might begin and end with him defenseless.

> (Spoiler below)
> At the end of the game when Master Chief is gazing at the earth it made me think if Halo 5 will be earth centric with him becoming more human and less killing machine. The first Spartan Ops episode referred to ‘New Phoenix’ made me think this might be a great place for Halo 5 to begin. Imagine Halo 5 beginning with John 117 on some ranch in cowboyish gear in New Phoenix when all of a sudden earth gets attacked and Master Chief has neither an A.I. or his suit to protect him and has to battle his way as a loan human in the first part of the game. It has been said that Halo 5 will be darker with <mark>John 115</mark> discovering what it is to be human and Halo 5 might begin and end with him defenseless.

Ya um…

And did new phoenix look anything like a cowboy ranch to you?

[deleted]

Not unless he likes talking to ash.

since i finished the campaign ive been saying that i hope we start halo 5 out as an unarmored chief. it would add perspective to just how badass the spartans are, even unarmored.

Master Chief is this generations John Wayne so it would be cool to have that referenced is some type of creative way in the beginning of Halo 5 before it heads down into the dark depths of John 117 demons. With all the death and ash that new Phoenix endured, maybe that Didact conductor weapon turned them into holographic ghosts which would make for the perfect ghost town.

I would also think that Halo 5 should allow us to create our own A.I. to some degree at some point in the game. We could choose between a male of female A.I., choose their holographic color, shape, and select between a dozen or two voice options and names.

Ha weird I live in Phoenix and I have yet to see a cowboy…Maybe if u said Mexican I’d believe you ha

This is a great thread. It’s basically a guide of what NOT to do for 343.

Master Chief will still be just that, Master Chief. He is and always will be a Spartan. There is no changing that.

All that is going to happen over the course of the trilogy is that we are going to start seeing the human side of Chief. The man under the armor. Far too many people see him as a suit of armor and not as a breathing, thinking, and feeling man.

The first level of Halo 5 should feel like a futuristic western movie with holographic ghosts and a cool mechanical horse.

Master Chief as a Cowboy would be a HUGE success!!!