Will K/D boosting be taken care of?

I’m just asking since it seems most of the ranking system will be more like Reach than H2 or 3. I never play in a party(at least not on Reach)and all the time I get matched with all these warrant officers and other newer players against a full team of 4, 5 or 8 high ranked players who only play to spawnkill as much as possible so their K/D will stay high.

In Reach there’s nothing proventing this because in most playlists you get nothing extra for winning but if the game is long you get more credits and if you kill more you get even more credits. So baisicly these teams have nothing to lose on not capturing the last flag, planting the bomb and so on. This is a huge problem that relly is the main reason why I rarely play Reach and when I do I play a game against teams like this go extreamly negative and then don’t feel like playing anymore.

In H3 there also were these K/D “boosters” but it’s been alot worse with Reach since there’s no ranked playlists for them and there’s no exp system that only revards winning.(When credits reward killing, draging out on the game and sometimes winning)

So my question is will this be prevented in H4 and if so how?

My solution would be that all parties of 3+ players get matched against other 3+ parties with the exception of BTB where it’s parties of 6+. Please leave your own solutions on how to prevent people from ruining the game for everyone but themselves :slight_smile:

Does it really matter?

Ya know what’s funny about players who think they have to stretch games out to the time limit to gain the most cRs?
You get just as many cRs if you played 2 games equaling the same amount of time.

No worries for H4, finish the game, get a larger payout for winning than playing. If you win 2 games in the same time you can drag out a single game, you’d earn more XP for it.

Other than that, K/D padding won’t stop.

> Does it really matter?

I think it does since it ruins the point of an overall K/D ratio and peoples will to play the game. But it’s only me and my friends opinion :slight_smile:

The true skill system will help you match up with and against players of similiar skill.

As for boosting there will always be something the developer missed that someone will find and manipulate. Itll be up to them to address the problem.

As for K/D boosters. Thatll always be around when there is a large enough skill gap.

The only counter I see for K/D boosters is the player being killed.

Suck it up and do something about soldier.

No, you cant stop that.

> > Does it really matter?
>
> I think it does since it ruins the point of an overall K/D ratio and peoples will to play the game. But it’s only me and my friends opinion :slight_smile:

If you really want to get rid of stat padding (which I assume is the point of this thread) than maybe the game should actually match good players against good players and bad ones against bad ones, Reach sure as hell didn’t. If I’m playing some BTB with friends and the opposing team is people who’ve played < 100 games and can’t put up a fight, I’m not going to end the game in 30 seconds after I’ve spent 5 minutes searching. Some people don’t actually stat pad when then do these kinds of things.

> If you really want to get rid of stat padding (which I assume is the point of this thread) than maybe the game should actually match good players against good players and bad ones against bad ones, Reach sure as hell didn’t. If I’m playing some BTB with friends and the opposing team is people who’ve played < 100 games and can’t put up a fight, I’m not going to end the game in 30 seconds after I’ve spent 5 minutes searching. Some people don’t actually stat pad when then do these kinds of things.

I’m sorry if it wasn’t clear what the thread is about :confused:

But yes i’d like the game to match people who play together against others who do and if the game is also using a trueskill system then people will(hopefully) be more evenly matched than how they are right now.

I’m hoping halo 4’s matchmaking will be better than reach.

I think they should limit which games alter your K/D

Because as it stands you can ruin it in games like action sack, and boost it in games like Grifball

> I’m hoping halo 4’s matchmaking will be better than reach.

As am I. I’m tired of being on a team where the other three players are slightly better than me, and the other team is just terrible. I try to play for fun, but the try-hards on my team spawn kill and steal all of my kills. Competing against your own team isn’t fun at all.

As for having something like “not capturing the last flag” happen to me, I don’t mind it at all since I know exactly where the enemy team is and I don’t have to worry about defense.

> My solution would be that all parties of 3+ players get matched against other 3+ parties with the exception of BTB where it’s parties of 6+. Please leave your own solutions on how to prevent people from ruining the game for everyone but themselves :slight_smile:

Party matchups are a necessity, I fully agree. No matter the playlist, if you go in alone and face a decent team of 4 then you’re going to lose.

That’s just the way some people play and I doubt it will change. My team mates in grifball always get pissed when i take the bomb and score in under 20 secs. I’d rather get the win and not a big k/d.