Will John (master chief) meet his parents in Halo5

Johns parents are confirmed to be alive. john is like 48/49 now. His parents must be like around 78/79 ish now.

After more than 40 years of being separated from his parents, if a cutscene in halo 5 shows them reuniting that would be EPIC.

I would like to see Johns emotional reaction to this.

> 2535421496998089;1:
> Johns parents are confirmed to be alive. john is like 48/49 now. His parents must be like around 78/79 ish now.
>
> After more than 40 years of being separated from his parents, if a cutscene in halo 5 shows them reuniting that would be EPIC.
>
> I would like to see Johns emotional reaction to this.

They’re not confirmed alive, the episode merely stated that they died much later than ONI says they did and it wasn’t at the hands of insurrectionists

They might have died from the Covenant during the war, but I’d love to see him meet them.

I doubt that Johns parents are still alive amd kicking after the Human-Covenant war, but perhaps John could come across some old documents or a photograph of his parents.

Might give him a bit of closure as to where he came from.

It would be great if John met his parents, but they’re likely dead.

Sounds too far fetched but man, that would be crazy.

I wouldn’t want to see John meeting his biological parents… way to white bread reunion happy ever after type stuff… long story short, John’s life is a tale of perseverance, duty and sometimes misery; which he deduced that he will die on the battlefield.

However, I would agree he could find old discarded documents, or photos, about their lives, before and after his abduction, their marriage? Possible other siblings? etc. Or maybe he finds a descendant, grandparent, cousin or sibling… who tell him about them.

That would be amazing! Likely to be dead though.

The Spartan-IIs’ old lives don’t really mean much to them. Imagine a boy who was adopted at the age of six reuniting with his biological parents four decades later. They may share some connection but his true family would be those he grew up with.

Any emotion stemming from the reunion of John and his parents would be pretty one-sided. It would be great fanservice but it wouldn’t really add to the story.

> 2535421496998089;1:
> Johns parents are confirmed to be alive. john is like 48/49 now. His parents must be like around 78/79 ish now.
>
> After more than 40 years of being separated from his parents, if a cutscene in halo 5 shows them reuniting that would be EPIC.
>

The idea of a Spartan meeting his parents is actually pretty cool, however we’d have to build up to that, I think. I’ve seen nothing to indicate that Master Chief ever regards what happened to his parents at all, and I personally would like them to stay unseen.

However, imagine if, in a book or comic or movie or something, two kids became friends during Spartan training - one of them clinging to the memory of his parents and dreams of getting back to them. Imagine if we were to follow these two Spartans through their military career, and suddenly have the one who remembers his parents die. Imagine his friend taking his dogtags and, through a freak coincidence later in his career, actually meeting his dead friend’s parents during an operation. Imagine they’re both elderly and have some idea what happened to their son - that he became a Spartan - but are left completely in the dark beyond that. Imagine if the dead Spartan’s father, a man struggling with dementia, believes this Spartan before him to be his son? Imagine the dead Spartan’s mother trying to calm him down, having learned to repress any hope she’d every see her son again, yet finding it impossible to not to.

And then, as he’s about to speak, he’s ordered by command not to interact with them. So he drops his friend’s dogtags and walks out. My gosh that would be cheezy as balls if it isn’t done right.

> 2535421619942348;10:
> > 2535421496998089;1:
> > Johns parents are confirmed to be alive. john is like 48/49 now. His parents must be like around 78/79 ish now.
> >
> > After more than 40 years of being separated from his parents, if a cutscene in halo 5 shows them reuniting that would be EPIC.
> >
> > I would like to see Johns emotional reaction to this.
>
>
> The idea of a Spartan meeting his parents is actually pretty cool, however we’d have to build up to that, I think. I’ve seen nothing to indicate that Master Chief ever regards what happened to his parents at all, and I personally would like them to stay unseen.
>
> However, imagine if, in a book or comic or movie or something, two kids became friends during Spartan training - one of them clinging to the memory of his parents and dreams of getting back to them. Imagine if we were to follow these two Spartans through their military career, and suddenly have the one who remembers his parents die. Imagine his friend taking his dogtags and, through a freak coincidence later in his career, actually meeting his dead friend’s parents during an operation. Imagine they’re both elderly and have some idea what happened to their son - that he became a Spartan - but are left completely in the dark beyond that. Imagine if the dead Spartan’s father, a man struggling with dementia, believes this Spartan before him to be his son? Imagine the dead Spartan’s mother trying to calm him down, having learned to repress any hope she’d every see her son again, yet finding it impossible to not to.
>
> And then, as he’s about to speak, he’s ordered by command not to interact with them. So he drops his friend’s dogtags and walks out. My gosh that would be cheezy as balls if it isn’t done right.

It didn’t quite play out as you suggest, but if you remember, Spartan Naomi was reunited with her father.

> 2533274836967617;4:
> I doubt that Johns parents are still alive amd kicking after the Human-Covenant war, but perhaps John could come across some old documents or a photograph of his parents.
>
> Might give him a bit of closure as to where he came from.

This would seem much more appropriate then a full-fledged meeting between them. I doubt they are alive.

> 2533274900126904;9:
> The Spartan-IIs’ old lives don’t really mean much to them. Imagine a boy who was adopted at the age of six reuniting with his biological parents four decades later. They may share some connection but his true family would be those he grew up with.
>
> Any emotion stemming from the reunion of John and his parents would be pretty one-sided. It would be great fanservice but it wouldn’t really add to the story.

This. There would be zero reason for John to care about his parents at this point in his life, not to mention that they probably wouldn’t care for the callous, zero-personality super soldier he has become.

As weird as this sounds, I think it would be more meaningful for John to go back to Elysium and see the glassed planet, and just reminisce on his childhood without actually interacting with anyone from it.

That an interesting question, which I would like to see, but it’s right that would not add to the story.

> 2535421496998089;1:
>
>

The Master Chief is not 48/49 years old. If we were to take his birth year (2511) and subtract if from the “current” year in Halo fiction (2558), that would make him 47 years old. However, due the fact that in the Halo Universe you do not age in Cryogenic sleep, John would not have aged in the 4 years he was adrift in space, bringing that 47 down to 43 years old. This does not even include the countless amount of times The Master Chief has been in Cryogenic sleep outside of the games. So I would conclude that John is in his late 30’s, but most likely in his early 40’s.

Hasly is johns mom.

> 2533274820621750;16:
> Hasly is johns mom.

I’m sorry, but no. Dr. Halsey is not John’s mother. The only child she has is Miranda Keys, who also the daughter of Captain Jacob Keys.

Given that all he remembers of his mom is that she smelled like soap, I don’t think meeting the folks is high on his priorities list.

> 2533274873172929;7:
> I wouldn’t want to see John meeting his biological parents… way to white bread reunion happy ever after type stuff… long story short, John’s life is a tale of perseverance, duty and sometimes misery; which he deduced that he will die on the battlefield.
>
> However, I would agree he could find old discarded documents, or photos, about their lives, before and after his abduction, their marriage? Possible other siblings? etc. Or maybe he finds a descendant, grandparent, cousin or sibling… who tell him about them.

Read the Halo Glass land trilogy, and i think you’ll change your perspective on this.

Um no john is like mid 50s so his parents are probably dead…