Will it keep going downhill?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Halo is dead. It will continue to sell because of its name just like how people still buy the awful Resident Evil and Final Fantasy games that come out but the glory days of Halo are long gone. It will never be a competitive shooter again. It will never be the game your friends play. For me, the campaign is what keeps me tied to them, it is one of the most unique and exciting story-lines of any Game franchise I have ever played. I still have hope that either 343i can get their sht together and fix this sht, or bungie will jump back and create (if not co-create) halo 5/6.
Lets face it, the golden days of halo were over after halo 3.
Do not get me wrong, I have been a fan of halo since the beginning and also a fan of the halo novels, Halo was my Childhood.
What are your thoughts on this?

Highly Agree! Even file manager is broken…

If that is how you feel OP, it was nice knowing you.

As for me, I’ve been in and out of various video game franchises throughout my life and Halo is by far the best one I’ve known. This stuff with Halo 4 and Halo: Reach is fine in my books and will remain that way.

Sure things could be better, but honestly, until someone flat out asks what I would do differently with this game, what possible things could have been avoided, etc., I’m not going to voice them. The simple way to say this is no game is ever going to completely appeal to a person 100% of the time.

Games evolve and its never a question of if they will, its a question of when will the line be crossed where you say, “I can’t take it anymore”. Gamers all too often get caught up with the notion of entitlement and that only speeds up the process of leaving.

Everyone will get tired of Halo. No different then every player in this community will, including me, leave at some point. If that is your moment, then its unlikely anything anyone says is going to make a difference. I’ll only tell you the same thing a PhNx member told me when I got burned out during Halo 3:

Halo will be around when your ready to return and no, you will be greeted back as if you had never left.

I haven’t left, I’m just saying the golden days are over. none of my friends play halo, they all play CoD now. I will remain a halo Fanboy till the end. Halo is awesome, even though there are some problems with halo 4, It’s still halo. No game can be perfect, but I’ve never seen one go so close to it.

Sounds to me like you need more Halo friends since they all went to other games.

Right now, the only franchise that will pull me away for a moment or two from Halo is Forza. But that will change when GTAV comes out.

I’m sorry Halo is dying for you because you do not want to make new friends. I’m also sympathetic to your feelings of missing some of the older mechanics. I however question why you can’t make more friends?

Stick around, sign-up/show up for Community Nights that show in the General Discussion and game specific sections, converse with those in the sections of Halo games you love, and even recruit others to play with you via the Recruiting section and/or travels to the forums you like.

I’m sure if you don’t play dead you will in fact find things around the Haloverse much more lively than they were just a few years ago… You can’t get this kind of passion out of dead people, so what’s the worry?

opening statement. Halo is dead.

funny, I dont see it any where near dead.

Thanks for sharing your point of view.

P.S. Just remember: PERFECTION DOESNT EXIST.

Thanks.

> Halo is dead.

No its not. At least, not to me. And I’m a competitive player, before you say anything.

> It will continue to sell because of its name just like how people still buy the awful Resident Evil and Final Fantasy games that come out but the glory days of Halo are long gone.

Nope, just the days you remember. Newer generations will continue to enjoy the game, it just won’t be the same as it once was, which is normal. I’ll agree I miss aspects of previous games.

> It will never be a competitive shooter again.

Ghostayame and his Halo 4 MLGV1 settings would disagree.

> It will never be the game your friends play.

And yet, I had one of my most memorable Halo experiences the other day. I’ll agree it’s different, and I don’t like some of the changes, but it’s not terrible.

> For me, the campaign is what keeps me tied to them, it is one of the most unique and exciting story-lines of any Game franchise I have ever played.

That we can agree on. I still wish it was more explorable, though. RIP Halo 2.

> I still have hope that either 343i can get their sht together and fix this sht, or bungie will jump back and create (if not co-create) halo 5/6.

Aside from the fact that they appear to be ignoring us at the moment, I will say they didn’t do as pore of a job as you make it out to be. Some of the aspects they were unable to put in due to copyright, and others aren’t to huge a deal. This is more a halo game than reach ever was. It also has more competitive potential than reach ever did.

> Lets face it, the golden days of halo were over after halo 3.

I’ll continue to enjoy it, and make new memories rather than trying to recreat the old. Old memories are good, and should not be forgotten, but you need to leave room for new memories as well. Rather than focusing on trying to make things as they once were, try to better this version, and just let enjoyable memories happen.

> Do not get me wrong, I have been a fan of halo since the beginning and also a fan of the halo novels, Halo was my Childhood.
> What are your thoughts on this?

Halo was my childhood. I for one, will continue to let the game grow, whilst trying to trim back some of the annoyances. I do not agree with some of the changes, but with some tweaks, the game is just as enjoyable as previous versions.