Will Infinite be smaller?

Will Infinite take up less space than Halo 5? Halo 5 took forever to download and takes up 75% of my Xbox’s space, so will Infinite be smaller in terms of storage, or larger?

Too soon to say. We don’t know enough about the game. I’d hope smaller, because 97GB is pretty big.

> 2535433186431929;1:
> Will Infinite take up less space than Halo 5? Halo 5 took forever to download and takes up 75% of my Xbox’s space, so will Infinite be smaller in terms of storage, or larger?

I don’t know. But will probably fulfill more space than you expect.
The real problem is the Xbox One Console only offers 500GB and 1TB by standart, and the SO update on Xbox One already fullfill half of storage. The correct way is if they offer 2TB storage, as a new main standart.
I think the Xbox Scarlett will have this problem too, if they really want to sell for a “cheap” price.
For One S and Fat, maybe will ocupy less space on HD, but for One X and Scarlett, will be probably more. We’re talking about higher resolutions and textures, Illumination, objects on scenario, maps and etc.
My expectations that will be higher, so I will be ready soon enough to get a extra external HD/SSD.

Suspect it’ll be about the same size but better optimised…though it could be higher if players opt into 4k/8x textures.

Hmmm it’s using a new engine so I wonder if that’d affect it? If not, unless they got better at compression, I’d assume it’d actually be bigger because of the better graphics.

I’d expect it to be larger. That’s how games tend to evolve with more higher fidelity assets, and I don’t see anything that would change the trend.

I think it’s going to be bigger but I hope in the next gen, discs ain’t required to install after don added that feature which made discs useless in Xbox one.

Well again, I sort of suspect Infinite would be like the MCC only with Halo 6 as the first game, then later games get added to the platform. So eventually it could be way bigger than Halo 5.
Now when it launches I expect at the very least a complete Halo 6 (campaign, co-op to include split screen, multiplayer with arena and big team battle as well as a voting system, theater, and a competent forge) so I am using H3 as the standard. Then spin off and expansions could be added to the game later (as both paid and free DLC).

> 2533274825830455;6:
> I’d expect it to be larger. That’s how games tend to evolve with more higher fidelity assets, and I don’t see anything that would change the trend.

That’s a fair assessment but I am curious as to how Halo Infinite is going to work on an Xbox One X. It was announced to be a launch title for Project Scarlett but it was also said that it will be released on Xbox One X. How is a game that was built to run on next generation console going to run on an older generation console? Will certain aspects of the game have to be sacrificed like frame rate, splitscreen, or entire sections of the game?

> 2533274879721941;7:
> I think it’s going to be bigger but I hope in the next gen, discs ain’t required to install after don added that feature which made discs useless in Xbox one.

What do you mean about discs being useless on Xbox One ? You don’t need discs if you install digital, and you need the disc to play if you have a disc version installed. I expect it will be the same on Scarlett. As for size ? It depends whether the files can be compressed or not imo.

Smaller. When Halo 5 released, it was only ~56 GB. Only after update after update for DLC and graphical improvements did it become so large. Also, Halo 5’s files aren’t compressed because of the rendering engine that the game uses. Infinite most likely doesn’t have this problem because of the new Slipspace engine. This will save GBs of space.

laughs in raytracing

> 2535433186431929;1:
> Will Infinite take up less space than Halo 5? Halo 5 took forever to download and takes up 75% of my Xbox’s space, so will Infinite be smaller in terms of storage, or larger?

maybe but Halo Infinite is the bigger game of 2200

> 2535406417205447;13:
> > 2535433186431929;1:
> > Will Infinite take up less space than Halo 5? Halo 5 took forever to download and takes up 75% of my Xbox’s space, so will Infinite be smaller in terms of storage, or larger?
>
> maybe but Halo Infinite is the bigger game of 2200

2200 ? Lol, I’m not waiting 181 years. I agree with Dark Guardian17, if they can compress the files it should be smaller in terms of HDD space. We’ll find out as time goes by.

> 2546678360738636;9:
> How is a game that was built to run on next generation console going to run on an older generation console? Will certain aspects of the game have to be sacrificed like frame rate, splitscreen, or entire sections of the game?

I don’t know of instances where anything as major as splitscreen or sections of the game would’ve been sacrificed. Things that usually take a hit in cross generation games are resolution, the fidelity of assets (e.g., texture resolution), graphical features (e.g., the lighting model might be traded for something less expensive, some effects might not appear at all). Maybe things like the amount of enemies during certain sections will be reduced. The changes usually aim to be minimally destructive, and because the advantage of new hardware is usually mostly in graphical fidelity, that’s what is mainly going to be impacted.

In my experience, the differences between cross generation games are usually such that you really have to compare side-by-side to see what specific things were lost (although it might be quite apparent when you do). The most major difference you’re going to see is the last-gen version looking decidedly less next-gen, even if you can’t tell exactly why.

I expect the file size will be larger (not initially, maybe, but it’ll surpass Halo 5’s current size pretty quickly and I’m confident it will be larger than the original file size of Guardians at launch). It just makes sense that it would: newer, presumably more content-rich experience (at least it had better be), more detailed textures and graphics overall, hopefully more offline content (the return of a proper Firefight mode and a more unilaterally useful and versatilie Forge would take up some hefty real estate) and back-end infrastructure.

With the Scarlett running an SSD, and hopefully one that’s at a minimum 1TB capacity, that shouldn’t be too big of a problem for those of us who elect to play Infinite next-gen. But I imagine that one of several tradeoffs of playing it on an Xbox One family device will be that it eats a lot of storage and will run considerably slower on loading screens due to the spinning HDD.

It’s unfortunate that this is likely going to be the case, but I’d say it’s still cool for MS and 343i to support the Xbox One family of devices with an Infinite release at all instead of just telling XBOne players, “TS, buy a Scarlett,” as is very much the standard behavior for first party publishers with generational borderline games.

> 2592250499819446;14:
> > 2535406417205447;13:
> > > 2535433186431929;1:
> > > Will Infinite take up less space than Halo 5? Halo 5 took forever to download and takes up 75% of my Xbox’s space, so will Infinite be smaller in terms of storage, or larger?
> >
> > maybe but Halo Infinite is the bigger game of 2200
>
> 2200 ? Lol, I’m not waiting 181 years. I agree with Dark Guardian17, if they can compress the files it should be smaller in terms of HDD space. We’ll find out as time goes by.

Sorry on 2000 with 70/80 gb