Will Infection be in H4?

No not flood, Infection. Some past custom games require the other team to not be creepy monstrous flood combat forms.

I don’t remember, does anyone know?

No more duck-hunt?
(yes it would be redundant but i was just curious sheesh)

No, it won’t. Flood is the new infection.

Probably not.

From the way they’ve been wording everything I’d say no. But there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to whip up a custom version of the old fashioned gametype… Somehow. They may always bring it back in some retro way but who knows.

Flood is it’s spiritual successor. And since Flood is the same thing with customizeable AA’s and Flood models.

Is standard Infection really needed?

I cant fathom why you would want it anyway.
nestalgia I suppose… bleh to each their own.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

…________
…,.-’"…~., .............................,.-"..................................."-., .........................,/...............................................":, .....................,?......................................................, .................../...........................................................,} ................./......................................................,:`^`..} .............../...................................................,:"........./ ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../ ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../ .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/ ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....} ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../ ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../ ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-" ............/.`~,......`-...................................../ .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__ ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-, .....`=~-,__......`,................................. ...................`=~-,,.,............................... ................................`:,,...........................`..............__ .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==
,-%…`
…,

> Flood is it’s spiritual successor. And since Flood is the same thing with customizeable AA’s and Flood models.
>
> Is standard Infection really needed?

Oh its very redundant, so long as we can make the “flood” have the same exact stats and abilities as the humans.

That would kill custom games with other weapons for the infected so it has to be there, 343 are not stupid.

EDIT: Can the flood hold other weapons?

> Probably not.

It’s confirmed in the bulletin that the new gametype is the spiritual successor to Infection. Infection, like Cobra has stated, is probably out.

No. Infection is gone, replaced with Flood Mode. Which makes me the happiest man right now :smiley:

But I am sorry Cops 'n Robbers just won’t be the same for you…

But what do 95% of players playing Infection want? In Matchmaking? Actual Zombies. Flood. They’ve been asking it for 5 years, and we finally get it, and someone has to complain about their little Cops 'n Robbers not being the same…

And for those asking if Flood can hold weapons? Oh no, they can’t. Just like in Halo 3 and Reach where the Zombies only held Energy Swords. Yep, that must automatically mean Zombies can’t hold weapons in Customs…

> No. Infection is gone, replaced with Flood Mode. Which makes me the happiest man right now :smiley:
>
> But I am sorry Cops 'n Robbers just won’t be the same for <mark>you…</mark>
>
> But what do 95% of players playing Infection want? In Matchmaking? Actual Zombies. Flood. They’ve been asking it for 5 years, and we finally get it, and someone has to complain about their little Cops 'n Robbers not being the same…
>
> And for those asking if Flood can hold weapons? Oh no, they can’t. Just like in Halo 3 and Reach where the Zombies only held Energy Swords. Yep, that must automatically mean Zombies can’t hold weapons in Customs…

I feel like im being attacked by the community for asking a simple question. Its as if people think i’m mad they took it out >_> I do however think some people will not like not being able to play some custom games that have been made of the years.

> > No. Infection is gone, replaced with Flood Mode. Which makes me the happiest man right now :smiley:
> >
> > But I am sorry Cops 'n Robbers just won’t be the same for <mark>you…</mark>
> >
> > But what do 95% of players playing Infection want? In Matchmaking? Actual Zombies. Flood. They’ve been asking it for 5 years, and we finally get it, and someone has to complain about their little Cops 'n Robbers not being the same…
> >
> > And for those asking if Flood can hold weapons? Oh no, they can’t. Just like in Halo 3 and Reach where the Zombies only held Energy Swords. Yep, that must automatically mean Zombies can’t hold weapons in Customs…
>
> I feel like im being attacked by the community for asking a simple question. Its as if people think i’m mad they took it out >_> I do however think some people will not like not being able to play some custom games that have been made of the years.

I didn’t mean you specifically, though it sounds like that. I meant people that play those.

Yes, I play those too… sometimes, but I don’t understand all the hate for Flood Mode now. It’s been asked for 5 years, and we finally get it, and suddenly, people complain. Come on!

Cops 'n Robbers will be playable. Duck Hunt will be playable. The ONLY difference is the Cop/Duck Hunter is a Flood. Customs will be just like Halo 3/Reach, where the Zombies get Energy Sword, but you can change that. I don’t understand why no one can figure that out.

• Sees Halo 3; Zombies start with Energy Swords; Customs can change that

• Sees Reach; Zombies start with Energy Swords; Customs can change that

• Sees Halo 4; Flood start with Flood Claw; Oh no! Customs won’t ever be able to change that! Everything’s ruined in Customs! Complain! Complain! Complain!

Seriously? Why?

I don’t see a point really, I’m sure with the custom options you could make it play the same just with the flood models.

Doesn’t look like the flood will hold other weapons thanks to the claw, and the bulletin made it seem that they will only use that claw, thus the end of all my custom games fun.

EDIT: See’s the juggernaut spawn with the grav hammer: Ha can’t wait to change the weapon to anything I want, wait I can’t?

> So no
> halo on halo or any gametype where the infected holds a sniper
> clog on toilet, predator with a spartan laser, pac man, fun box,
> fat kid, etc and what is up with the 10 player cap?
> Halo 4 is going to be a huge let down in customs, and I’m sorry for wanting some variety in a game type.

*Facepalm

Another person who believes that!

In Halo 3/Reach, the Zombies had Energy Swords, yet you could change that in Customs. And 10 players? There was only 12 in Reach (13 in Halo 3), yet you could change that to whatever in Customs. What makes Flood Mode so different in your thinking?

The way 343 makes it seem that the claw is permanent.

> The way 343 makes it seem that the claw is permanent.

Bungie Reveals Safe Havens for Infection in Halo Reach:

> Another good thing to come out of recent playtesting is the advent of something Shishka calls, “Safe Havens.” I just call them good old fashioned fun. Those who were paying attention when we revealed some of our shiny new medals a few weeks back have already figured out that Infection is indeed making a comeback. With the addition of Safe Havens, it’s coming back with an adrenaline fueled twist and a side of deliciously decomposing flesh.
>
> Shishka ‘Splains:
>
> “’Safe Havens’ is a new mode for Infection that takes your classic Zombie-killin’ experience and gives it a King of the Hill-esque twist. In Havens, survivors are fragile and prone to being eaten. Survivors do little damage and can be killed in one hit. Unless, that is, they are standing in the Safe Haven. Once inside the Haven, Survivors turn immortal, and can kill zombies with one shot.
>
> The catch? Once a Survivor steps into a Haven, a fifteen second timer is triggered and cannot be stopped. When the timer is up, the Haven moves to a random location, leaving everyone inside it mortal and vulnerable. As survivors, your goal is to move from Haven to Haven while avoiding the ever-increasing Zombie Horde, and scoring as many kills as you can along the way. It’s worth pointing out that the zombies aren’t your Romero-style knuckle draggers, either. Reach zombies are undead acrobats and all that tumbling has worked up a hunger for brains. Expect to be sprinting a lot.”
>
>
> Tumbling, eh? I think we’ll just leave it at that. And I’m walking away.

LINK

Key things he said:

• Survivors will be killed in one hit
  • Survivors will kill Zombies in one hit if in Safe Haven
  • Survivors will be invincible when in Safe Haven
  • Safe Haven will have 15 seconds timers

Because Bungie said those things, I guess Safe Havens can’t ever, ever, ever be edited in Customs. That timer is 15 seconds no matter what. Survivors die in one hit no matter what. Etc… And you can’t ever change that.

That’s your logic when you’re saying Flood can’t hold weapons.

That’s is an addition to infection but yeah i’m an starting to think my logic was getting a little ridiculous.

EDIT: i’m not saying that flood can’t be edited, all i’m saying is that the claw seems irreplaceable thanks to the new model. Would look weird if holding another weapon.

I’m sure you can make a custom gametype of flood.