WIll I get banned if I play the game BEFORE launch

I pre-ordered a physical copy through best buy and they have accidently shipped it early… Ill probably get it on the 19th or 20th of October. Will I get banned if I pop my disc in and play before the 27th?

No. You bought it legally and they acidentally got it to you early.

Btw, lucky

Have they actually shipped it, or did they just create the label and send you the tracking #? Cause that’s what they usually do.

the tracking number says it has been picked up by Canada post

Well, since there’s already a bunch of people leaking campaign gameplay left and right… I don’t see why you would get banned.

They sent you the game early to give you a chance to install the game before the release date.
On release you’ll be able to start right up and hop into the game while everyone else has to install.

Just play while offline if you’re that paranoid.

nice! lucky you!

It would be extremely painful for you.

No. The retailer will get in trouble, but not you. It is perfectly fine to play a game early so long as it is NOT a pirated copy.

The retailer will get hit hard, but not you. Just keep spoilers to yourself.

Just look up some of the Embargo rules out there. Right now there is a block on what levels you can twitch/ stream. As long as you only show levels 1, 2, 3, and 8 and nothing else. You should be fine of you wanted to stream it

So this shop has broken street date ?

I thought that last year as I got MCC 5 days before release and nothing happened,think the only thing that was wrong was the achievements were not popping and had to wait
a few days before they popped.

Not really the servers for multiplayer will probably be down and if you play the story and spoil anything they will probably just shut you down or sue you, probably not since they spoil half the game before its even out. So who knows.

So how is this retail shops shipping a pre order early going to effect the official data of game come out

I remember the GTA 5 launch when Amazon shipped it early and a few people got it early and they all got a ban from Xbox live for a month.

> 2533274873954403;5:
> Well, since there’s already a bunch of people leaking campaign gameplay left and right… I don’t see why you would get banned.

? How does that argument hold water?

Serial Killer: People are being murdered everyday, why cant I murder people and get away with it!
Judge: 'Cause it illegal
As long as you do not actually break the rules, you will not get banned.

I think the best thing to is just ask 343 or Microsoft support to if ok to play the game early

No you will no get banned for playing campaign early.
Yes you will be banned for broadcasting
Yes you will be banned for playing multiplayer unless you are game media and are allowed to
etc. etc.

> 2535456533691021;19:
> No you will no get banned for playing campaign early.
> Yes you will be banned for broadcasting
> Yes you will be banned for playing multiplayer unless you are game media and are allowed to
> etc. etc.

You can only be banned for broadcasting certain missions, because it would violate the information embargo. But considering he hasn’t signed that like the YouTubers, he wouldn’t be banned.