will i get banned for using an xim3?

an xim3 is a device to use a keyboard and mouse to play halo or any fps on a 360.

just wondered as tryarch said they would ban people for using it on consoles and cant find anything from 343?

seems pretty cheap so i would assume so

i dont see how its “cheap” im just not good with a controller? people play forza with both wheels and controllers?

i dunno i feel like pointing and clicking is easier than using a controller to shoot someone

Yeah it’s pretty cheap, sure you may race better on a motorcycle but that doesn’t mean you should be allowed to enter the Tour de France when everyone else has a bicycle.

Its a third party device which Microsoft frown upon plus other developers have said you will be banned if caught. If I were you I’d just stay clear of it and play legit.

you will not be banned.

It is not cheating

and I dont use one. :wink:

How is using that NOT cheating? A mouse allows you to be EXTREMELY accurate and quick.

So maybe you should just practice with the controller instead of taking the easy way out.

I really hope 343 bans people using keyboards and mice.

Moving around the reticule with a mouse seems sooooo much easier than using toggle sticks to direct your reticule. I can just imagine how easy it would be to use a mouse in Swat or Snipers

> you will not be banned.
>
> It is not cheating
>
> and I dont use one. :wink:

“Cheating refers to an immoral way of achieving a goal. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain advantage in a competitive situation. Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means.”

The dishonest means in this specific situation would be using a Keyboard and Mouse to gain an advantage over other players. A mouse is 10 times more accurate than a controller and anyone half decent with a PC gaming setup or with a mouse and keyboard will easily beat anyone with a controller. Unfair and illegitimate. If other developers are banning people for using this then surely others will too, if the OP values his account and does not want to put himself at risk he will stay clear and play legit. That’s his choice though.

> How is using that NOT cheating? A mouse allows you to be EXTREMELY accurate and quick.

its using the same inputs as a controller i still have to get the aim right.

> > you will not be banned.
> >
> > It is not cheating
> >
> > and I dont use one. :wink:
>
> “Cheating refers to an immoral way of achieving a goal. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain advantage in a competitive situation. Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means.”
>
> The dishonest means in this specific situation would be using a Keyboard and Mouse to gain an advantage over other players. A mouse is 10 times more accurate than a controller and anyone half decent with a PC gaming setup or with a mouse and keyboard will easily beat anyone with a controller. Unfair and illegitimate. If other developers are banning people for using this then surely others will too, if the OP values his account and does not want to put himself at risk he will stay clear and play legit. That’s his choice though.

omg you seem to think a mouse and keyboard is like some sort of aimbot or something.

i knew i shoulda stuck to pc games, you guys on consoles are so childish.

> > > you will not be banned.
> > >
> > > It is not cheating
> > >
> > > and I dont use one. :wink:
> >
> > “Cheating refers to an immoral way of achieving a goal. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain advantage in a competitive situation. Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means.”
> >
> > The dishonest means in this specific situation would be using a Keyboard and Mouse to gain an advantage over other players. A mouse is 10 times more accurate than a controller and anyone half decent with a PC gaming setup or with a mouse and keyboard will easily beat anyone with a controller. Unfair and illegitimate. If other developers are banning people for using this then surely others will too, if the OP values his account and does not want to put himself at risk he will stay clear and play legit. That’s his choice though.
>
> omg you seem to think a mouse and keyboard is like some sort of aimbot or something.
>
> i knew i shoulda stuck to pc games, you guys on consoles are so childish.

I game on both consoles and PC and if you think using a keyboard and mouse won’t give you a massive advantage then you are simply deluded. Go back to your PC games if you must, if anyone here is childish then it is you. How about you adapt and learn to use the controller like the majority of console gamers, we don’t seem to have problems with controllers even the 12 year old stereotypical cod kids get along just fine with them.

> > How is using that NOT cheating? A mouse allows you to be EXTREMELY accurate and quick.
>
> its using the same inputs as a controller i still have to get the aim right.

C’mon now. You already know that kb/m > controller. I get the feeling that your sitting at home bored and want to start problems. In any case, if you are using such a device. I hope you get caught, banned, and your 360 burst into flames.

by your standards you could say using bumperjumper and bouncing all over the map could be construed as cheating.

> > > How is using that NOT cheating? A mouse allows you to be EXTREMELY accurate and quick.
> >
> > its using the same inputs as a controller i still have to get the aim right.
>
> C’mon now. You already know that kb/m > controller. I get the feeling that your sitting at home bored and want to start problems. In any case, if you are using such a device. I hope you get caught, banned, and your 360 burst into flames.

just to let you know, no i do not own it but saw it on the web today and wondered if 343 had a view on it?

> by your standards you could say using bumperjumper and bouncing all over the map could be construed as cheating.

Not particularly, those features are all in game for EVERYONE to use. Theoretically you would be using an outside source (Keyboard, mouse and adapter) to gain an advantage. This is where you tread over the line of what is acceptable and what is not and I am not surprised developers such as treyarch are banning people. If console games were intended to co-exist with controllers and Kb/m then they would actually sell official products for players to use. I can’t believe we’re even having this discussion. You know using Kb/m is a massive advantage and you’re trying to justify the use of it.

> > by your standards you could say using bumperjumper and bouncing all over the map could be construed as cheating.
>
> Not particularly, those features are all in game for EVERYONE to use. Theoretically you would be using an outside source (Keyboard, mouse and adapter) to gain an advantage. This is where you tread over the line of what is acceptable and what is not and I am not surprised developers such as treyarch are banning people. If console games were intended to co-exist with controllers and Kb/m then they would actually sell official products for players to use. I can’t believe we’re even having this discussion. You know using Kb/m is a massive advantage and you’re trying to justify the use of it.

yes i am trying to justify it because i think it would put everyone on a level playing field like in pc shooters, i think everyone would see it as a better way to ploay halo not just myself.

> by your standards you could say using bumperjumper and bouncing all over the map could be construed as cheating.

How does a controller setup put in the game compare to using a kb/m?

You obviously want a kb/m because you figure it will make you better at the game which means you figure it will give you an (unfair) advantage. Having an unfair advantage over your adversary is basically what cheating means.

its not cheating and shouldn’t be banned, I have never played with a keyboard … how do u do that anyway ?