Will Halo's fiction ever evolve?

A few days ago I finished reading Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. Following young Ender as he moves through adolescence with the fate of his species in his hands was captivating and his unwitting xenocide of the buggers and the miscommunication between them and humanity that made that happen was pretty deep. It was depressing stuff.

I have also recently finished reading the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov from Foundation to Foundation and Earth, I have no read the two prequels yet. I’ve seen that series grow from the development of the Foundation on Terminus as it moves towards the coming Second Galactic Empire through political maneuvering and technological advancement to nearly seeing it collapse from the might of the Mule and his mind powers to seeing it grow suspicious of the Second Foundation and it’s council of members with mind powers to the revelation of the entire galaxy being put on track towards becoming a super organism created by an ancient robot. Confusing I know, but what I am saying is that a simple concept of a coming empire arising after the collapse of the previous one morphed into something so much more satisfying.

To look at something different from a different author and two different books from said author, Arthur C. Clarke’s Childhood’s End offered a “spiritual” take on science-fiction about humanities evolution while Rendezvous with Rama is a straight up mystery that begs a lot of questions yet doesn’t have many answers. Those are some great concepts.

So when I look at what Halo has to offer recently, I just hang my head and wonder when the fiction is going to actually improve in terms of quality and scope. Now a disclaimer, I think the Forerunner Saga does a lot to evolve the fiction. What I am mostly concerned with is pretty much everything set after Halo 3 in the games and books. From the looks of it, Halo is stuck in a rut and can’t do anything else but retread everything.

I have to ask, when is Halo going to move past the Covenant, move past the Forerunners, move past morality of things like the Spartan-II Program. I’m not saying things like that should be ignored, but there are so many better topics and stories that could be told instead. At this point I’m getting really sick of the “Humans vs aliens” and “Humans -Yoink- yeah!” plot of post-Halo 3 Halo. -Yoink-, I can’t be the only one who would love to see humans and some former Covenant species exploring the galaxy together. Maybe it seems a bit too happy-go-lucky, but it sounds way better to me than following around Jul “Humans are worse than the Flood” 'Mdama and the cast of clowns in the Kilo-Five squad. Halo 4 didn’t really break this trend either, 343i even made shooting the Covenant easier by making them look more like ugly monsters this time around and throwing away the development those species got during Halo 2-3 and books like Contact Harvest and Cole Protocol.

When are we going to see more alien species introduced into the franchise? The Milky Way Galaxy is huge place so I find it hard to accept that around 8 sentient species are all that there is. It’d be awesome to see how new beings view the Forerunners and all of the mysteries of the cosmos. New technology, new weapons for the games, new places to explore, think about it.

That last part especially really bugs me, we have a vast universe to play with and we never really go anywhere. Instead of a stupid comic book about Sarah Palmer, why not a look at the voyage of the Infinity as it goes from planet to planet. We know it helped in the exploration of Installation 03, that’d be cool to explore.

Frankly, it seems all Halo has going for it now is constant plots about war and killing. And even though I love the Forerunner Saga as it actually had an emphasis on world-building, exploration and mystery, the Precursors on reflection are a bit disappointing. They are basically Cthulhu now, not that that is a bad thing but I would’ve love to see them more in a chessmaster role with the Mantle, making occasional moves and throwing challenges at humanity to see how they will react and if they are worthy of the Mantle. As of now, they are pretty much, “We’re just going to eat all of you guys because you pissed us off”.

Maybe I’m judging things a bit prematurely what with two more games on the horizon and no doubt more novels on the way, the Halo story just doesn’t look like it is going to change and that is disappointing more than anything because Halo has the potential to be something more.

The problem that I see is that Halo started as a shooter, as a game about killing enemies. While I would love to see the expanded fiction evolve beyond this (as you said, the Forerunner saga was a great attempt, and I think Evolution did a great job, too), I think Halo’s origins will, for a while at least, hold down what the fiction is truly capable of.

I agree with almost everything you said, But in regards to the Humans vs aliens part I think we have to remember that the war dint end 50 years ago. Theirs still a lot of (understandable) scars. I would LOVE to see an alien/human alliance. But I think its a bit to soon… Although I think 343 dropped the ball with the elite human alliance. In regard to the “constant wars” I think most of the more… “hardcore” halo fan base see it the same way as you do (including me), but to probably about 85% of halo players it will always be an action game so war is probably going to be necessary. We are however starting to see halo come out of its “action shell” with all the character stuff happening.

Niceee post. I hope Halo evolves as well.

> I agree with almost everything you said, But in regards to the Humans vs aliens part I think we have to remember that the war dint end 50 years ago. Theirs still a lot of (understandable) scars. <mark>I would LOVE to see an alien/human alliance. But I think its a bit to soon…</mark> Although I think 343 dropped the ball with the elite human alliance. In regard to the “constant wars” I think most of the more… “hardcore” halo fan base see it the same way as you do (including me), but to probably about 85% of halo players it will always be an action game so war is probably going to be necessary. We are however starting to see halo come out of its “action shell” with all the character stuff happening.
>
> Niceee post. I hope Halo evolves as well.

Well maybe I’m a bit spoiled by Robotech in that regard. Humanity and the Zentradi have a war that lasts nearly three years over the SDF-1, a giant spacecraft designed by the Robotech Masters that runs on the most powerful energy source in the universe, Protoculture. The war ends and over time a tense co-existence between the two beings does occur, some even marry each other and have children. However, they do band together in the end to find the Robotech Masters homeworld to prevent a another war.

That’s a real abridged version, but I think humanity and the Covenant have more in common than people give them credit for.

> > I agree with almost everything you said, But in regards to the Humans vs aliens part I think we have to remember that the war dint end 50 years ago. Theirs still a lot of (understandable) scars. <mark>I would LOVE to see an alien/human alliance. But I think its a bit to soon…</mark> Although I think 343 dropped the ball with the elite human alliance. In regard to the “constant wars” I think most of the more… “hardcore” halo fan base see it the same way as you do (including me), but to probably about 85% of halo players it will always be an action game so war is probably going to be necessary. We are however starting to see halo come out of its “action shell” with all the character stuff happening.
> >
> > Niceee post. I hope Halo evolves as well.
>
> Well maybe I’m a bit spoiled by Robotech in that regard. Humanity and the Zentradi have a war that lasts nearly three years over the SDF-1, a giant spacecraft designed by the Robotech Masters that runs on the most powerful energy source in the universe, Protoculture. The war ends and over time a tense co-existence between the two beings does occur, some even marry each other and have children. However, they do band together in the end to find the Robotech Masters homeworld to prevent a another war.
>
> That’s a real abridged version, but I think humanity and the Covenant have more in common than people give them credit for.

Never seen that series. Ill have to look it up ^_-.

Again, I don’t think the problem is the fact that it can’t happen, but the real problem is the vision that 343 has for halo and the direction they want Halo to go in. We might see this during the Precursor invasion tho. A mass effect “blending” would indeed be great. But I (sadly) don’t see it happening in any real meaningful way in the main series beyond “Band together to save themselves”.

> > > I agree with almost everything you said, But in regards to the Humans vs aliens part I think we have to remember that the war dint end 50 years ago. Theirs still a lot of (understandable) scars. <mark>I would LOVE to see an alien/human alliance. But I think its a bit to soon…</mark> Although I think 343 dropped the ball with the elite human alliance. In regard to the “constant wars” I think most of the more… “hardcore” halo fan base see it the same way as you do (including me), but to probably about 85% of halo players it will always be an action game so war is probably going to be necessary. We are however starting to see halo come out of its “action shell” with all the character stuff happening.
> > >
> > > Niceee post. I hope Halo evolves as well.
> >
> > Well maybe I’m a bit spoiled by Robotech in that regard. Humanity and the Zentradi have a war that lasts nearly three years over the SDF-1, a giant spacecraft designed by the Robotech Masters that runs on the most powerful energy source in the universe, Protoculture. The war ends and over time a tense co-existence between the two beings does occur, some even marry each other and have children. However, they do band together in the end to find the Robotech Masters homeworld to prevent a another war.
> >
> > That’s a real abridged version, but I think humanity and the Covenant have more in common than people give them credit for.
>
> Never seen that series. Ill have to look it up ^_-.
>
> Again, I don’t think the problem is the fact that it can’t happen, but the real problem is the vision that 343 has for halo and the direction they want Halo to go in. We might see this during the Precursor invasion tho. A mass effect “blending” would indeed be great. <mark>But I (sadly) don’t see it happening in any real meaningful way in the main series beyond “Band together to save themselves”.</mark>

And maybe it’s the pessimist that is me speaking, but even after such an event I wouldn’t be surprised if more fighting just occurred after the Precursors.

I want to see the children of the Milky Way come together and grow. And I’d love to see a Grunt manning a Warthog turret one day. That’d be sweet.

The issue is that Halo is primarily a first person shooter franchise. I would love to see a game centered around exploration of the Halo universe with minimal to no combat involed but a game about shooting guys in the face sells more copies than a space exploration sim. The reliance on violence in video games is holding them back. I did not buy into the hype train about the Last of Us because it is impossible to sympathize with a propagandist that at one moment shoots 20 guys in the face in the span of ten minutes and then has a discussion about a comic book. Bioshock Infinite would have been a better game if it were not focused on shooting people. I love killing Elites in Halo campaigns and stabbing guards in Asassin’s Creed but violence cannot not be the only thing that games do well. The extended universe offers hope for stories to not focus exclusively on violence and conflict like the Forerunner Saga. As sad as it is Halo is bound by being a first person shooter first.

I think the problem is expecting so much in such little time. Obviously, as others have already mentioned, Halo is a First Person Shooter and therefor the game requires enemies to shoot. Since the new series is set only a handful of years after an almost 30 year long War, you can see why there are still some Covenant who remain enemies. Halo 4 was the first of three new games and we may even get more than three since they stopped calling this a Trilogy and now refer to it as more of a Saga. You need to give them more time to explain how the Universe has unfolded in the time that has passed. Kilo-Five isn’t that long after the War, seeing as Halo 3 ended in March and the last two books take place entirely in that month. Things are obviously different 4 years later.

We know that post-Halo 4 the UNSC is still allied with the Arbiter and he must continue to have some sway back home considering he is in the position to attempt peace with the Brutes. Shouldn’t that be the good sign you were looking for? Sure, we fought Covenant in Halo 4, but they were nothing more than a bunch of fanatics being led by a mad man. They are a completely different faction than the Arbiter’s so I have no problem continuing to shoot them.

It would be nice if we could get a Sangheili liaison force to work with the Spartan-IVs aboard Infinity however. Spartan Ops would be so much more entertaining if there were some Sangheili Soldiers who interacted with Majestic in the cutscenes, as well as participating with Crimson in the field. This would give them a canon reason for bringing Elites back into matchmaking.

This all comes down to, “it’s going to get worse before it gets better.” So things aren’t all happy go lucky after the War ended. That’s life. But too many people are abandoning ship prematurely because this new series has only just started. Perhaps we should wait for the next set of stories to come out before we abandon such a great series. For all we know the current conflicts will just help push the Humans and Sangheili closer together. The peace that everyone was hoping for may still be on the horizon but considering all that is happening, it’s going to take time.

Patience people. Get more of it.

Let’s face it. A significant part of the issue here is that a lot of Halo fans are overly conservative morons who just want the same thing over and over again.

If the Forerunner Saga alone was enough to rustle their jimmies, which was the first step the series has taken in evolving (in about 10 years), then think of the effect that something completely new and unreconcilable to the current fiction would have. Step a toe out of line by trying to add in something new and the masses cry “THAT’S NOT HALO!”, that’s part of why it’d be so difficult to market to people who are so immovable and one-dimensional in their view of Halo’s story.

343 has been given a job where, no matter what, there will be a large and vocal (and irritating) group they’ll never win over because of the simple fact that it isn’t Bungie doing it.

Do I think that 343 should pay any mind to those people? Absolutely not, but I think that 343 wants to keep Halo relevant to players of all kinds and part of that is giving a sense of familiarity by finding ways to keep the Covenant as enemies and things like that.

Hopefully we’re just at the build-up stage where the current issues will soon be dwarfed by the larger threat of the Precursors and bring with it a whole new host of abstract and revolutionary concepts in the fiction so that we can see the series evolve from being just about humans in one (comparatively) tiny conflict.

There are still alot of moral and ethical issues in the Halo fiction that has yet to be explored, like of the insurrectionist and of course the spartan program and ONI, and also how the Sanghelli and other races from the Covenant that aren’t apart of the Storm faction are living post war in galaxy, also I do think that the galaxy has alot more to it then just the legacy left behind of the forerunners and precursors.

The Forerunner saga was and is a good step toward evolving the fiction, but I have yet to really see the same with the Kilo Five trilogy.

With the Halo fiction having alot of science fiction based elements to it, there are alot of routes 343i can go with it, though for that to translate to the game, better effort needs to be focused on the story based portion of it. Halo 4 really should have some information/backstory on the Storm Faction.

> A few days ago I finished reading Ender’s Game … answers. Those are some great concepts.
>
> So when I look at what Halo has to offer recently, I just hang my head and wonder when the fiction is going to actually improve in terms of quality and scope. Now a disclaimer, I think the Forerunner Saga does a lot to evolve the fiction. What I am mostly concerned with is pretty much everything set after Halo 3 in the games and books. From the looks of it, Halo is stuck in a rut and can’t do anything else but retread everything.

I shortened your first 3 paragraphs, because I really don’t read too much sci-fi. I can see that you’re a big fan of other sci-fi series, and I think it has a huge influence with how you see Halo.

Personally, I agree that the Forerunner Saga did a lot for Halo. I think they were probably my favorite Halo books, maybe tied with some of Nylund’s stuff. However, I don’t think Halo is stuck in a rut (at least as far as story goes.)

> I have to ask, when is Halo going to move past the Covenant, move past the Forerunners, move past morality of things like the Spartan-II Program. I’m not saying things like that should be ignored, but there are so many better topics and stories that could be told instead. At this point I’m getting really sick of the “Humans vs aliens” and “Humans -Yoink!- yeah!” plot of post-Halo 3 Halo. Yoink!, I can’t be the only one who would love to see humans and some former Covenant species exploring the galaxy together. Maybe it seems a bit too happy-go-lucky, but it sounds way better to me than following around Jul “Humans are worse than the Flood” 'Mdama and the cast of clowns in the Kilo-Five squad. Halo 4 didn’t really break this trend either, 343i even made shooting the Covenant easier by making them look more like ugly monsters this time around and throwing away the development those species got during Halo 2-3 and books like Contact Harvest and Cole Protocol.

Random question - if I was going to read either CH or CP first, which would you suggest? I let my friend borrow Contact Harvest, but he’s gotten really into the Forerunner stuff right now - so I could get it back from him or just start the CP. Last two books left for me, and then I’m gonna re-read K-5.

Halo is not simply going to move past the Covenant, but I don’t think they’re simply all going to stay enemies. Personally, I think you’re judging this a bit early - give it some time. Those of us who read the books know that Jul 'Mdama’s faction is just one of many.

The problem with having Humans and former Covenant species ally in Kilo-5 is it’s just still WAY too raw. By the time Halo 4 comes around, I’m pretty sure a lot of the tension between the vast majority of former Covenant forces and Humanity has probably slowly started dieing down, even though it’s still there - but that we didn’t see it because Chief and Infinity’s missions were against Jul 'Mdama. There are Covenant refugees on Earth, and I think it makes perfect sense that there’s still tension, terrorism and a general distrust. That seems to be the norm, though there seems to be exceptions. And I’d imagine you’ll agree with this - I really hope they show more of these characters.

> When are we going to see more alien species introduced into the franchise? The Milky Way Galaxy is huge place so I find it hard to accept that around 8 sentient species are all that there is. It’d be awesome to see how new beings view the Forerunners and all of the mysteries of the cosmos. New technology, new weapons for the games, new places to explore, think about it.

+1 x a million. Agreed. 100%. It makes sense that most of Halo has happened in the Orion Arm, but if Humanity is going to “Reclaim” the Mantle, yeah this needs to happen.

> That last part especially really bugs me, we have a vast universe to play with and we never really go anywhere. Instead of a stupid comic book about Sarah Palmer, why not a look at the voyage of the Infinity as it goes from planet to planet. We know it helped in the exploration of Installation 03, that’d be cool to explore.

I’d imagine they started work on that story quite a while ago. LOL you really had to call it “stupid.” It’s fine I know you don’t like her I’m just saying haha. Maybe they’ll develop her story more and people here can stop seeing her as such a terrible character (fat chance, but then we’ll at least know more about her story.) My guess? It goes something like this. That Spartan washout (forgot the name) has a big part in the S-IV program, and heavily influences Palmer. She seems to have a pretty heavy opinion on Halsey prior to her coming onboard Infinity.

> Frankly, it seems all Halo has going for it now is constant plots about war and killing. And even though I love the Forerunner Saga as it actually had an emphasis on world-building, exploration and mystery, the Precursors on reflection are a bit disappointing. They are basically Cthulhu now, not that that is a bad thing but I would’ve love to see them more in a chessmaster role with the Mantle, making occasional moves and throwing challenges at humanity to see how they will react and if they are worthy of the Mantle. As of now, they are pretty much, “We’re just going to eat all of you guys because you pissed us off”.

There are inherent problems with that. It’d just be way too confusing for people who just play campaign. Imagine their confusion with the Didact lecturing Chief on the Mantle times ten. I actually like what they did, but I can’t really speak to how it’d be if they had a “chessmaster” role. I imagine I’d like that, as well, if they pulled it off well. I have a feeling there’s more to the Precursor than we know now, but I don’t know WHEN they’re going to reveal more.

The other inherent problem I see is that the Precursor were always VERY hands off. Hell, they allowed themselves to be defeated by Forerunner. So it’d have to be a very, very different storyline to allow them to have that role.

> <mark>Maybe I’m judging things a bit prematurely</mark> what with two more games on the horizon and no doubt more novels on the way, the Halo story just doesn’t look like it is going to change and that is disappointing more than anything because Halo has the potential to be something more.

This. I think it’s way too early. Wait till after Kilo-5 is over, and see what they come up with as their next novel series. I understand WHY you don’t like Traviss, but then just wait till they hire a new author. I mean, think of it like this, you really liked Bear, and really disliked Traviss. As of now, you have no idea who the next author will be - so wait it out and give it a shot.

Other thought - I’m OK with their being former Covenant enemies. In fact, it’d make no sense for their not to be, IMO.

But there are also human enemies.

It’s not the same as there being lots of alliances, but I think it’s better for the story.

When the Brutes, Drones and Engineers were first introduced it was like “woah new aliens” and it was exciting. I’d like to see more aliens out there, even if it’s something like introducing wildlife, I wouldn’t mind seeing a Sharquoi

Its the beginning of the saga that is actually supposed to expand the story above and beyond just a war and the background Forerunner mystery.

Halo 4 took a big step forward, throwing us straight into the Forerunners that have so long been a simple mystery. Of course they can do better to further expand this kind of interaction and evolution, but like they’ve said about the Didact, this is the beginning. Development is coming.

The Forerunner Saga shows the Flood/Precursor’s motives, which involves pain and suffering. Arrogance, war. At the moment, thats what we’re seeing in Halo. Yes, it can be done better in some areas (more explanation rather than “Hey, its another Covenant that hates us!”, but especially ONI’s recent history is truly expressing what the Primordial said they were waiting for.
For Humanity to rise in arrogance and defiance.

As the series progresses, I can see all of these plots crashing together. Chaos, in a way, as all sides fully understand their mistakes and what needs to be done. The Mantle is the ultimate goal here. A more peaceful state.

Yeah, it may suck that it seems like we’re taking an extended trip through the arrogance and defiance part of the story, but it is just the beginning.

I’d love to see the TV series become sorta similar to Star trek, following Infinity and her journey through the stars to explore new worlds and find the rest of the Halo rings.

I remember someone at 343i (I think it was David Ellis) saying that it would be cool to do some stuff that takes place a hundred or so years into the future (looking for a source). I think this would be a great way to introduce some new alien species, show how our relationships with other cultures have progress, etc.

Post-war, it would make sense for there to be rival former-Covenant factions to be around.

But, with all this news of the Arbiter being alive and the Infinity escorting his fleet, it gives me a whole lot of hope. Elites are still our allies, but it’s just that we’re fighting a different, more radical, minority group of Elites.

By the time that Precursor test rolls around, I’m sure we’ll be allied with many different species.

I can’t wait for the day when I can charge into a Flood controlled zone with a coalition force of Grunts, Jackals, Elites, Brutes, Drones, Hunters, Skirmishers, Promethean Knights, Forerunners, Marines, ODSTs, and Spartans backing me up.

Hey, I can dream, can’t I?

Im liking your dream Nubcake, I can picture in my mind right now a Spartan deflecting bullets of some sort off his shield to save a grunt. I think we are a way off that yet though… possibly in the next saga?
Like you were saying about all those species together, I believe that when the time comes to take the mantle, it wont be just one species, it will be a number of them united. After all they have been through they will all finally understand and respect one another and on that day, that is when they will succeed.
Although I have no idea what way the series will go, I cant wait. I love Halo.

Off topic, but Cobra I love your 3 year medal

I get the feeling that the Human-Covenant war was never supposed to be all that important. Halfway through the first game, the simple and familiar feeling of “Space Marines Vs Aliens” was smashed and replaced by a much larger and much more unfamiliar and unsettling conflict with the Flood and the Halo rings. Suddenly, the Covenant get the Worf treatment and you know that this whole conflict with them is nothing.

Halo 2 comes along and continues that conflict, but also introduces a new one in which the Covenant fractures in civil war, with change and dynamism becoming the central aspect of that story; it quickly becomes apparent that it isn’t just humans versus aliens. Halo 3 brings both the Schism and the Forerunner/Flood conflicts together and the Human-Covenant war is mostly relegated to a sub-plot. It’s all about the fallout of the Schism, stopping the Rings from firing and stopping the Flood.

Somewhere along the way, Halo lost sight of these major narratives and started focusing more and more on the Human-Covenant war. Now most fans can’t let go of it, and that’s what Halo is for them. 343i successfully made the Forerunners relevant again after so much prequel material following Halo 3 with Greg Bear’s novels, but I think they missed the mark entirely in doing the same with the Great Schism and now it’s importance and relevance in the plot, as well as what it could have meant for the future story, is tenuous at best. I don’t think very many fans actually care about the points raised in this thread, at least not anymore.

Peace is just so much of a stretch after Kilo-5 and Halo 4, especially with the Elites not actually caring about the human genocide at all during the war or after. That’s really going to retroactively feed back into humanity’s hatred of them after what they did. They also won’t change that mindset overnight so that they can quickly assuage humanity just in time. It would take decades ordinarily, but by that time mutual hatred will have made it impossible to change anyhow. Given that they were correct about Humans after all though - about Humans being liars and over-colonizers - then they shouldn’t change really; the Ur-Didact, a Forerunner, appearing and basically vindicating what the Prophets ever said about Humans is the final nail in the coffin. 343i don’t actually have any realistic basis for peace left in the story because they refuted all the ones Bungie had left behind, and haven’t left any hooks for it to develop. It will be quite unrealistic if it happens, and there’s nothing worse than being constantly reminded that a story doesn’t actually work in principle.

> > > > I agree with almost everything you said, But in regards to the Humans vs aliens part I think we have to remember that the war dint end 50 years ago. Theirs still a lot of (understandable) scars. <mark>I would LOVE to see an alien/human alliance. But I think its a bit to soon…</mark> Although I think 343 dropped the ball with the elite human alliance. In regard to the “constant wars” I think most of the more… “hardcore” halo fan base see it the same way as you do (including me), but to probably about 85% of halo players it will always be an action game so war is probably going to be necessary. We are however starting to see halo come out of its “action shell” with all the character stuff happening.
> > > >
> > > > Niceee post. I hope Halo evolves as well.
> > >
> > > Well maybe I’m a bit spoiled by Robotech in that regard. Humanity and the Zentradi have a war that lasts nearly three years over the SDF-1, a giant spacecraft designed by the Robotech Masters that runs on the most powerful energy source in the universe, Protoculture. The war ends and over time a tense co-existence between the two beings does occur, some even marry each other and have children. However, they do band together in the end to find the Robotech Masters homeworld to prevent a another war.
> > >
> > > That’s a real abridged version, but I think humanity and the Covenant have more in common than people give them credit for.
> >
> > Never seen that series. Ill have to look it up ^_-.
> >
> > Again, I don’t think the problem is the fact that it can’t happen, but the real problem is the vision that 343 has for halo and the direction they want Halo to go in. We might see this during the Precursor invasion tho. A mass effect “blending” would indeed be great. <mark>But I (sadly) don’t see it happening in any real meaningful way in the main series beyond “Band together to save themselves”.</mark>
>
> And maybe it’s the pessimist that is me speaking, but even after such an event I wouldn’t be surprised if more fighting just occurred after the Precursors.
>
> I want to see the children of the Milky Way come together and grow. And I’d love to see a Grunt manning a Warthog turret one day. That’d be sweet.

No, I think your right…

A grunt manning a warthog turret… I don’t believe in the paranormal…