Will Halo.Xbox.com be directly integrated into Halo: Reach in any way?

As we all know, Halo: Reach is the last Halo game developed by Bungie; further titles will be developed by 343 Industries.

Bungie has had a history of integrating their online console Halo games with their website significantly - providing such things as in-depth game stats, downloadable “File Share” game content, and private and public discussion forums to people that visit Bungie.net.

Since the developer transition will be happening after Reach, the Halo-related traffic that Bungie.net receives will eventually need to be redirected to Halo.Xbox.com (Halo Waypoint), which is quickly becoming the new online face of the Halo series.

Are there any plans for significant integration between Halo: Reach and this site outside of the Halo Waypoint download for the Xbox 360 itself? Will we be seeing any ads for this website within Halo: Reach’s menus, or does Bungie effectively have full control of the Halo-related traffic until 343’s first full-fledged Halo game is developed?

Thanks!

If you had recently been at Bungie.net, screenshots of Halo:Reach’s B.Net service record design have already surfaced. But what your asking in particular, to whether this website has any significance/relation to the games features I am not too sure about. Good Question! Hopefully we will find out soon enough, though. One more month to go!

-CM

Very good question. I too would like to know this.

I’d like an ‘app’ for the Xbox that gives you an in-depth look at your stats, at least on par with Bungie.net’s system.

As for this site, I’d like the same. There isn’t any reason to. Plus, that is one of the main reasons people visit Bungie.net.

> I’d like an ‘app’ for the Xbox that gives you an in-depth look at your stats, at least on par with Bungie.net’s system.
>
> As for this site, I’d like the same. There isn’t any reason to. Plus, that is one of the main reasons people visit Bungie.net.

I like the top idea :slight_smile:

I was thinking though, maybe even moving the stats page (or making a similar system) onto this site, or even intergating it into the Waypoint app on xbox live.

Its true that bungie will be looking to other projects after Reach, and HBO and this site will surely take over anything Halo from here on in. So maybe taking the foundation that Bungie has built, moving it here and improving it.

I’m guessing that 343i won’t bothering changing the tagging system and all that jazz in Reach.

That’s more of a Bnet thing.

one possible thing is that they can intergreat all halo games including wars to this site. they can use html stuff to copy and load the data strait from b.net and halo wars.com. they can load it to look the same as the sites they took it from, different, or a mix.