Will halo wars 2 survive!?

With 343/CA adding leaders campaign DLC and maps each month will the population die out or will the population grow as time goes on? Lets discuss!

Actually I don’t think they’re adding maps each month sorry :cry:

Sure, I think a consistent, dedicated community will stick around until either a third game is released or the game is taken offline (in 20+ years? sooner? later?).

I think the game will maintain a small amount of dedicated players. Thing is… the game is supposed to be competitive. Regular balancing and updates… etc. But it is extremely unpopular for the twitch community… which is really bad.

Yeah, I think it will do well for a while. It is fun, it can be dynamic if people strategize. And with new leaders coming often it promotes exploration. Although most people stick to their comfort zones. I will check out new leaders fand be on for a while for sure

Well it definitely won’t have that same re-play ability as Halo 5. I think the FPS series will always have a strong population because of that rush of Dopamine for winning short battles. Halo wars on the other hand, requires time invested in each game, excluding blitz, everytime time you lose, you will detatching yourself away from playing the game due to a sense of defeat and hopelessness.

I have got nearly all the achievements, and once I finish them all up, I honestly don’t think I will be returning to the game (post DLC release). Going by the percentage of people who have the achievements, for example only 4.26% have the Card Shark achievement, which is to complete 25 blitz matches. A game mode which was hyped up, looks as if it isn’t going to have such a long lasting legacy. So overall, Yes I do believe the game will die out, however with gradual dlc inclusions, there will be times when achievement hunters will jump on, get everything then jump off. It will be a on-off relationship sadly.

I sure hope it survives, even with the DLC leader delay. I think they have a lot in store hopefully. DLC campaign, more leaders, maybe even maps, new multiplayer games like FFA I saw someone suggest, ranked playlist and balance patches. I think the HW2 team has already been way more interactive than the HW1 team.

I just think this game with it’s delays is all the Microsoft play on X-BOX and PC.

Oh btw it already has a small population on PC. They could have made it better by allowing cross platform play ability. E.g. Allowing xbone players to play with PC, (yes you are probably going to say, but PC users are at an advantage) well they would have to implement a possible playlist dedicated to this type of cross play. You decide whether to play with people from other platforms.

> 2533274972430429;7:
> Oh btw it already has a small population on PC. They could have made it better by allowing cross platform play ability. E.g. Allowing xbone players to play with PC, (yes you are probably going to say, but PC users are at an advantage) well they would have to implement a possible playlist dedicated to this type of cross play. You decide whether to play with people from other platforms.

I’ve discussed about cross play on gears of war forums controller vs KBM for a shooter but with an RTS come on now

The game is great, but…

IT NEEDS TO BE ON STEAM!!!

I think with consistent content drops it should keep people interested long term, and as soon as ladder is added and balance issues are resolved it’ll really help the game with popularity

I think the game will last, the good thing about halo wars is even if no one plays it you still have campaign and skirmish. With the addition of blitz and fire fight it just add way more fun.

I know nothing compares to playing other players,but I rather play against friends than online in wars 1 and I couldn’t rush to save my life so that’s why

I am a dedicated RTS player (even though I never touched the biggest ones like Dota or SC) and I often had the disappointing experience that a game is slowly dying due to poor patch- and optimisation- support by the devs.

Will Halo Wars 2 die if it would be left in its current state? Likely. I LOVE HW2, especially 1v1 (even though Im a Banished main lol ^^ ), but the most parts of the negative feedback Ive heard so far is justified imo.

But I absolutely have faith into 343/Microsoft that they keep up great support for the game. The old and new features compared to HW1 have great potential, now it’s the time to expand them!

The atm most important target should be balance + optimisation. Too often you see in RTS that devs focus on (p2w) DLCs and stuff only, with a sloppy balance support as a result :confused: . New content is important ofc, but if you blindly release new content, that often leads to even more severe balance issues and the games is dying.

Again: This game has the potential to become a very big RTS title in our present. Even without a playerbase size like in SC or Dota

I think the game just needs to be more easily accessible for the masses, I think the main gateway is just the limitation to win10 (I am not sure on this, can someone tell me?) and X-one. If it was spread to more operating systems and avenues of purchase I think we would see a surge.

Unfortunately, I think RTS games are falling off in popularity, look at Starcraft, it has steadily been getting a smaller follower base for years. All the attention is in a MOBA’s, FPS and Card games now. Which is kind of sad, because innovation comes from large amounts of people.

I guess we will just have to wait and see, but if I had to put my money down, I would say that the game would retain a steady, small dedicated fan-base which will eventually peter-out.

> 2533274927740213;10:
> I think with consistent content drops it should keep people interested long term, and as soon as ladder is added and balance issues are resolved it’ll really help the game with popularity

Halo 5 had the same and dropped out of the top 10 really quik

> 2535458426112390;1:
> With 343/CA adding leaders campaign DLC and maps each month will the population die out or will the population grow as time goes on? Lets discuss!
>
>
> Actually I don’t think they’re adding maps each month sorry :cry:

I’m quite sure it will. It will probably never generate a large crowd such as Starcraft of anything of the likes, mainly due to where it’s available(Only Windows Store and Xbox), but it will definitely have a thriving small community for a long time to come. This is obvious since so many people are having so much fun with the foundation being there from the beginning.

> 2533274972430429;5:
> Well it definitely won’t have that same re-play ability as Halo 5. I think the FPS series will always have a strong population because of that rush of Dopamine for winning short battles. Halo wars on the other hand, requires time invested in each game, excluding blitz, everytime time you lose, you will detatching yourself away from playing the game due to a sense of defeat and hopelessness.
>
> I have got nearly all the achievements, and once I finish them all up, I honestly don’t think I will be returning to the game (post DLC release). Going by the percentage of people who have the achievements, for example only 4.26% have the Card Shark achievement, which is to complete 25 blitz matches. A game mode which was hyped up, looks as if it isn’t going to have such a long lasting legacy. So overall, Yes I do believe the game will die out, however with gradual dlc inclusions, there will be times when achievement hunters will jump on, get everything then jump off. It will be a on-off relationship sadly.

Halo 5 has replay ability?

> 2533274830166194;16:
> > 2533274972430429;5:
> >
>
> Halo 5 has replay ability?

He means you can go and play other multiplayer modes again and feel the need to keep coming back. He’s not talking about campaign.

> 2533274830166194;16:
> > 2533274972430429;5:
> > Well it definitely won’t have that same re-play ability as Halo 5. I think the FPS series will always have a strong population because of that rush of Dopamine for winning short battles. Halo wars on the other hand, requires time invested in each game, excluding blitz, everytime time you lose, you will detatching yourself away from playing the game due to a sense of defeat and hopelessness.
> >
> > I have got nearly all the achievements, and once I finish them all up, I honestly don’t think I will be returning to the game (post DLC release). Going by the percentage of people who have the achievements, for example only 4.26% have the Card Shark achievement, which is to complete 25 blitz matches. A game mode which was hyped up, looks as if it isn’t going to have such a long lasting legacy. So overall, Yes I do believe the game will die out, however with gradual dlc inclusions, there will be times when achievement hunters will jump on, get everything then jump off. It will be a on-off relationship sadly.
>
> Halo 5 has replay ability?

Like I said about the dopamine, halo 5 is addicting more than a RTS.

> 2533274803587475;17:
> > 2533274830166194;16:
> > > 2533274972430429;5:
> > >
> >
> > Halo 5 has replay ability?
>
> He means you can go and play other multiplayer modes again and feel the need to keep coming back. He’s not talking about campaign.

That is correct, Halo 5’s campaign is pretty lacking. Though nice to get the achievements for it.

> 2533274972430429;18:
> > 2533274830166194;16:
> > > 2533274972430429;5:
> > > Well it definitely won’t have that same re-play ability as Halo 5. I think the FPS series will always have a strong population because of that rush of Dopamine for winning short battles. Halo wars on the other hand, requires time invested in each game, excluding blitz, everytime time you lose, you will detatching yourself away from playing the game due to a sense of defeat and hopelessness.
> > >
> > > I have got nearly all the achievements, and once I finish them all up, I honestly don’t think I will be returning to the game (post DLC release). Going by the percentage of people who have the achievements, for example only 4.26% have the Card Shark achievement, which is to complete 25 blitz matches. A game mode which was hyped up, looks as if it isn’t going to have such a long lasting legacy. So overall, Yes I do believe the game will die out, however with gradual dlc inclusions, there will be times when achievement hunters will jump on, get everything then jump off. It will be a on-off relationship sadly.
> >
> > Halo 5 has replay ability?
>
> Like I said about the dopamine, halo 5 is addicting more than a RTS.
>
>
> > 2533274803587475;17:
> > > 2533274830166194;16:
> > > > 2533274972430429;5:
> > > >
> > >
> > > Halo 5 has replay ability?
> >
> > He means you can go and play other multiplayer modes again and feel the need to keep coming back. He’s not talking about campaign.
>
> That is correct, Halo 5’s campaign is pretty lacking. Though nice to get the achievements for it.

That’s debatable,I’d rather play halo wars 1 then halo 5

> 2533274803587475;17:
> > 2533274830166194;16:
> > > 2533274972430429;5:
> > >
> >
> > Halo 5 has replay ability?
>
> He means you can go and play other multiplayer modes again and feel the need to keep coming back. He’s not talking about campaign.

I was talking about the game in general